PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Suggestions

PhilM
04-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi All.

Long time troll but now decided to post up. I have a 69 camaro that is a driver and will be in the process of completeing it by the end of summer. Here is what i would like to do to it now that the wife is more than happy with her 95 camaro she now has.
I would like to put a centrifical supercharger on it. As of now the drivetrain consists of:

12 bolt 3.73 with an Auburn cone posi
Casner built t-350 with a manual valve body
468 BBC
stock block
oliver billet rods
bryant billet crank
HRD ported performer rpm heads
Accell DFI single plane manifold with rails,tb etc..(thanks Jody)
Comp 560 hyd roller and stainless rockers
SRP 10.5 pistons
Contential converter or Chance bolt together, but may be a bit big for the street

Getting back to what I would like to do. Add a cent supercharger. I have nothing to convert to dfi except for the manifold/tb/rails/map and tps sensor. I am looking for a reasonable power out put but dont want a sluggy doggie. I realize some of the parts are a mismatch on the motor, but they were spare parts and I got sick of seeing them in the cabinet. So my main concern is the pistons and boost. This is going to be a pump gas deal and I do not mind running lower boost for now till time changes that. Any suggestions on the missing parts I need. Keep this in mind, i still have an old PST motor laying around I may convert if need be.

What i am not looking for:

Quarter mile wonder
Chassis dyno queen
The fastest car on the block.

All i am looking to do is have a decent car that has some poop and scoot and put it away for the next time. Mind you, I have not driven this car in 4 years after I grenaged the last motor so I have lots of patience when it come to this car, unlike the heads up drag cars i have.
Sorry for the ramblings.

Thanks

Phil

WELTERRACER
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
First off, if you want to run pump gas you will need to drop the compression down to 9.0-1 to make serious dyno queen numbers..

You could get away with 10psi if you run a very large intercooler and 93 or better octain..

Take your current HP and times it by 1.5 and that is the hp you would be making at 10psi of boost..

I have a procharger on my car and im not at all saying its the greatest thing in the world, but does work well.. Just make sure you do your homework before you plop down the cash on the supercharger, make sure you wont have clearance issues with other belts or have the correct pulleys you need and brackets for the powersteering.

Brian