PDA

View Full Version : Big Disc Brakes-0 Offset

smith & sons
03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Working with Hot Rods USA of Washougal Wa. to come up with 12.9 drilled ,sloted rotors & 6 piston superlite calipres by Wilwood.They are providing caliper brackets and hubs to give 0 offset.Spindles are Heidts without the Heidt calipre brackets.Has any one had experience with this outfit? Lost money last year when my stero installer went TU.Car is a 55 Belair ht pro touring.

JRouche
03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I worked with them last year to get my zero offset 12.9" brakes. First off, the price was good. They move alot of wilwood products so they can offer a decent price.

Now... The actual fitment. Some guys woulda been pissed. Ok, more pissed than I was. As it came supplied with the brackets, spacers and instructions it did not work. And I followed the slim instructions to the T.

The disc was not centered in the caliper, off by a lil over a 1/8". And the hub shifted the disc over also, by at least a half an inch. Wouldnt work on my setup, I already had a tight tire clearance.

So I had to do some leg work. I downloaded wilwoods PDF of their hubs. Great paper, it shows all the specs for the hubs.

So after I found the hubs that would work. And determined the proper spacers for the brackets I let them know and they shipped the hubs and spacers out and sent a call tag for the hubs they gave me.

In the end I had zero offset brakes and the discs run centered in the calipers.

Not the work I wanted to go through but in the end Im not dissatisfied. No one else was offering a zero offset for my car. I was happy to get the results I needed. And really, I learned alot in the process. And for me that a plus. I do like to learn as I go. With so many hub offerings from wilwood its like an ale cart type build up.

Oh, the only type of modifications I had to do was press out the captured nut inserts from the brackets provided and press them in from the other side.

Not dogging HR USA, but it wasnt a bolt up "kit". But from what I have been through, nothing is it seems. I have some awesome brakes now and my tires are in the same spot, that was my goal. JR

Oh yeah. This was for a MII type suspension. I have all the part numbers for the hubs and stuff somewhere??? If you run into problems. But just a note, to buy the parts individually it will be more money. Better to work with a dealer that will set up a package. So if you want more info lemme know.

smith & sons
03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.I am right there with you,the results are what's important.When I received my 17 in Intro tires and wheels I had to have them re-ballanced with road pressure.Not much fun when you have to go through real gymnastiscs to get them on and off again(rears).I guess if anybody could do it then we would all be driving the same thing.