PDA

View Full Version : PSMC 2 July 2nd,3rd,4th 2010 !!

JEFFTATE
03-15-2010, 06:50 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

The Peach State Musclecar Challenge 2 is officially planned !!

The event will take place :
Friday July 2nd , Saturday July 3rd , and Sunday July 4th 2010.

Friday July 2nd:
Cruise and Dinner (Cruise is Free of course , Donations at the Hall of Fame , Parking fee at the Park $5? , and $ 10.95 dinner )
We will meet at around 12:00 noon at Road Killer Kustoms ( David Sloans place ) http://www.roadkillerkustoms.com/ in Canton , Ga. then cruise some scenic North Ga. Mountain highways to Dawsonville ,Ga. ( approx. 45 miles one way ) , and tour the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame http://thunderroadusa.com/Museum.html .
The Georgia Racing Hall of Fame is a State of Georgia Museum and admission is FREE !
But , they take donations at the door , so everybody throw some money in the donation box..
Then at around 3:00 pm we will go to Amicalola Falls State Park to view one of the worlds most beautiful natural wonders and at 5:00pm we will eat dinner at Amicalola Falls State Park Lodge http://amicalolafalls.com/lodges/amicalola/food/.
Everbody will just pay for their dinner at the lodge . It's a buffet style dinner ( Cost is around $10.95 per person)
The park also requires that you pay a parking fee. I think it's around $5 ??
So , everybody bring $20 cash .

Then cruise back to David's Toy Box in Canton to hang out , bench race etc..

Saturday July 3rd:
Autocrossing ( $20 per car )
We will once again be autocrossing at Red Top Auto Auction http://www.auctionbroadcasting.com/locations/details.aspx?Location=ATL in Cartersville, Ga. from 7:00am to 3:00pm ( approximately)
Wallace Sanford of Red Top Auction has graciuosly offered to let us use his parking lot again this year !!
Then we will all join in on the huge cruise night festivities in the Historic Cartersville Square till the sun sets ( and beyond ).
Then , hang out at the host hotel 'till whenever.

Sunday July 4th:
More Autocrossing ! ( $20 per car )
More autocrossing at Red Top . ( 7:00am to 3:00pm approximately )
We figured two days of autocrossing would be better , since that's primarily what our cars are set up for .

Then we can all hang around town and watch the City of Cartersville fireworks display from nearby Dellinger Park !!

We have a new/additional event sponsor this year !!
Fletcher's Customs and Speed http://fletcherscustoms.com/ of Coolidge , Ga. has come on board and is going to sponsor and attend the event !!
Thanks to Chad Fletcher !!
Fletschers is a sponsor here on Pro-Touring.com .

The event will still also still be sponsored by Road Killer Kustoms , Pro-Touring.com , Musclerides.com , Day's Chevrolet , and RedTop Auto Auction .
If any other sponsors want to come on board , we welcome you !!

We will have a registration page up soon !

Payton King
03-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Really?

Not sure I can make that one.

JEFFTATE
03-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Come on Payton , you can make it ..
It's a long weekend anyway..

Payton King
03-16-2010, 08:19 AM
We normally do a family beach trip during that time. I am better at random weekends, not Memorial day, Father's day, Etc.

JEFFTATE
03-16-2010, 09:03 AM
We normally do a family beach trip during that time. I am better at random weekends, not Memorial day, Father's day, Etc.

Call in sick ??? LOL

Seriously , I hope you can make it ..

protouring70
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Good deal Jeff! Sounds like fun.:cool:

billyrb
03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
I should be there....watching ;) Unfortunately, my twin-turbo Grand Wagoneer probably won't be anywhere near ready by then.....

JEFFTATE
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I should be there....watching ;) Unfortunately, my twin-turbo Grand Wagoneer probably won't be anywhere near ready by then.....

Twin Turbo Wagoneer !!??

David Conrade
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
NO DRAG RACIN:crying:

JEFFTATE
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Nope , no drag racing ..
But two days of autocross is gonna' rule !!

ACR-Mark
03-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Count me in!!!!!

JEFFTATE
03-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Bring that RX8 !
More Mazdas are roadraced every weekend than any other brand ...

ACR-Mark
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Zoom Zoom!
I'll definitely be there Saturday. I have a feeling that the Saturday turnout will be the biggest, with Sunday being a Holiday and all.

ProdigyCustoms
03-30-2010, 08:21 AM
We are going to try and make it. Depends on what I have done at the time. Our personal cars are all tore apart right now for changes but I should have some new customer cars ready by then.

I will let you know as we get closer.

JEFFTATE
03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks Frank !
Come on up.
We'll party at the Hilton ..

David Sloan
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
We are going to try and make it. Depends on what I have done at the time. Our personal cars are all tore apart right now for changes but I should have some new customer cars ready by then.

I will let you know as we get closer.

Very Good! It will be good to see you guys again!!
PS see if you can get JP to come up an bring that Vett.

RS_Customs
04-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Nice! Bring it to show it off!

Robert

fletcherscustoms
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm happy to be a part of this up and coming event. I'll be up there with my 70 Camaro "Shop beater V3.0" and Ty's 1971 Pontiac "FreedomBird" and maybe something else if we can get it rolling!! Also will bring some product from BMR Fabrication, the new AFCO coilovers, and some other stuff available for purchase. If theres anything you would like to have track side let me know

JEFFTATE
04-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for participating Chad !!
It's great to have vendor / sponsor support..

fletcherscustoms
04-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Rooms are booked, and days requested off from the Day job!!! I'll be up there early Friday morning

stage2ROUSH
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
any thoughts on when the registration page wil be up!!!

RS_Customs
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
any thoughts on when the registration page wil be up!!!

It opened up today! Everyone sign up and come for a great weekend!

Robert

69lsxamx
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
this sounds like an awesome event. is it limited to old muscle cars? I would like to bring my 93 cobra if I can get the rear end fixed soon.

JEFFTATE
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
No , it is not limited to musclecars.
All makes and models are welcome.
Any year , any make , any model..
The "musclecar challenge " part of this event is just to see how the musclecars do against each other , and the other makes and models..
It's musclecars against all comers..
( And it's a challenge to see how the owners of the musclecars are challenged by their cars ...LOL )

69lsxamx
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
awesome I hope to be able to make it. its been a while since I've done a autocross

69rs
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Littlebit and I will be there! If you have done one of the pro-touring events, you know how much fun they are. If you haven't, you need to! They are a blast! Great people, cool cars and the chance to drive them like they are built to be driven. See y'all there!

69lsxamx
05-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I've never done a pro touring event before only a few local scca autocross I'm looking forward to coming how many cars are usually at the pro touring events?

JEFFTATE
05-24-2010, 04:50 AM
I've never done a pro touring event before only a few local scca autocross I'm looking forward to coming how many cars are usually at the pro touring events?

This event , The Peach State Musclecar Challenge , is one of the smaller ones ..And this is only the second year for it..
Last year , we had about 18 cars..
This year , we hope to have a lot more..

Some of the larger , more established events (like Run thru the Hills) usually has between 55 and 75 cars .

Less cars means more track time !

ACR-Mark
05-24-2010, 07:45 AM
I have a feeling that Saturday the 3rd will bring the most entrants, especially if the weather is nice. Sunday the 4th may find some folks staying home to do the usual family thing, cookout, etc....
What is the approximate time expected for driver's meeting, 1st car off?
Just wondering if the stated 7:00 is "gate opens" or if I need to be there ready to run at that time....

JEFFTATE
05-24-2010, 09:39 AM
What is the approximate time expected for driver's meeting, 1st car off?
Just wondering if the stated 7:00 is "gate opens" or if I need to be there ready to run at that time....

We will probably all be hung over from Friday night , ...LOL !!

We will be at the Autocross location ( Red Top Auto Auction) at 7:00am , and will begin laying out the course..
We should have that done and be running by 8:00 to 8:30 ..
Anyone that wants to show up early and help with the cones is welcome to do so..
We need the help !!!
Besides , this is a club / participation event and everyone is expected to participate as cone workers ...

cheapthrillz
05-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I wonder if I can get the Gal back on the road in time for this? Atleast just to drive it up and hang out..... If the damn fish would stop biting, I could get back to work on my car lol.

JEFFTATE
05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I wonder if I can get the Gal back on the road in time for this? Atleast just to drive it up and hang out..... If the damn fish would stop biting, I could get back to work on my car lol.

Come on up !
The fish 'll be biting later..

cheapthrillz
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Come on up !
The fish 'll be biting later..

Seriously.... I'm gonna get back to work on it! The hardest part will be finding some makeshift 18's that will work for the time being....

ACR-Mark
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
We will probably all be hung over from Friday night , ...LOL !!

Hey, No excuses for getting beat by a car with a 1.3L engine!
...kidding....
I can help set the course up...hmmm...all turns, no straights.:1st:

I should be able to be there somewhat early. We'll be staying with friends in Woodstock, about a 20 or 25 minute drive away. They're not early birds though...Plus, I'll still be on Central time, 1 less hour of sleep. Oh well...that can be my excuse, right?

RS_Customs
05-24-2010, 11:42 AM
...kidding....
I can help set the course up...hmmm...all turns, no straights.:1st:

I should be able to be there somewhat early. We'll be staying with friends in Woodstock, about a 20 or 25 minute drive away. They're not early birds though...Plus, I'll still be on Central time, 1 less hour of sleep. Oh well...that can be my excuse, right?

Woodstock, a pro-touring guy?

Robert

JEFFTATE
05-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Come on over ..

ACR-Mark
05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Naah, not a car guy at all, an old buddy from H.S. We'll be there for the weekend getting a nice family visit, we have kids approx. the same age. It's nice killing two birds with one stone, I try to combine autocrosses and family stuff as much as possible. :idea:
Only bad thing is having to drive 2 vehicles the 3 hours from AL. Can't fit the wife and kids plus 4 autocross wheels/tires in the RX-8!

JEFFTATE
06-07-2010, 04:47 AM
...kidding....

Those RX8's are kickin' butt in the Grand Am Series GT Class.

Snakebit
06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
After last year I wouldn't miss it. Now that the Cobra is running kooler (thanks to Road Killer Kustoms) I should be in for a full day at the autocross. Trying to figure out Friday too. I will sign up in the next few days.

JEFFTATE
06-08-2010, 04:34 AM
After last year I wouldn't miss it. Now that the Cobra is running kooler (thanks to Road Killer Kustoms) I should be in for a full day at the autocross. Trying to figure out Friday too. I will sign up in the next few days.

Bring the Cobra , Glen !!

ACR-Mark
06-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Jeff, any plans for marking off the cone location during setup? Most autocross clubs use chalk, or sheet rock, to make a white border around the cones. It washes away, and really usually just wears off due to the elements within a day or two.
One of the things I noticed at RTTH last year was that the cones weren't marked. Technically, the course changes every time a hit cone gets replaced.
I've got a ton of sheet rock that I can bring. I hope to be there early enough to help you out with setup.

JEFFTATE
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Jeff, any plans for marking off the cone location during setup? Most autocross clubs use chalk, or sheet rock, to make a white border around the cones. It washes away, and really usually just wears off due to the elements within a day or two.
One of the things I noticed at RTTH last year was that the cones weren't marked. Technically, the course changes every time a hit cone gets replaced.
I've got a ton of sheet rock that I can bring. I hope to be there early enough to help you out with setup.

That's a great idea Mark .
I thought about that , but had forgotten..
I'm glad you reminded me.

If we mark the cone positions then it will easier to replicate the course on the second day ..

If you bring some sheetrock pieces or chalk , that would be great ...

Thanks ..

SparkyRnD
06-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Jeff, although it's a little late in the game, how does one become a sponsor for the event?

JEFFTATE
06-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Jeff, although it's a little late in the game, how does one become a sponsor for the event?

I PM'd you

Steve Chryssos
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I can't believe this event is right around the corner. I'm so freakin' swamped! It will be nice to put my brain in neutral and just enjoy the PSMC.

fletcherscustoms
06-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm pumped! Car should be close to ready by then and I can't wait to beat on her for a couple of days!!

JEFFTATE
06-16-2010, 10:17 AM
It's nice to have an excuse to hang out...
I can't wait to see all you guys again.

To me , the event of hangin' with your buds , and driving the cars full-out is what's important.
No matter how big or fancy the event is .
I can't wait.
I work on ways to improve the event all the time.

protouring70
06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for everyone that is making this possible!!!

69BRRRD
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM
The Brrrd will be there...it's first autocross.:eek:
Jim Grayson agreed to coach me if he could take the brrrd thru the course one time....

protouring70
06-22-2010, 08:24 PM
It's getting closer!!!!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-25-2010, 04:46 AM
looks like im still in the game!

gonna bring my rusty Storm tho.. at least I get to play.

SparkyRnD
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Jeff, couple of questions that I hadn't seen asked yet:

1. restrooms at the autocross? As I recall, last year they had the building open for that kind of thing...
2. food / drinks at the event: is anyone providing / selling food & drinks, or is it a bring your own? If someone is providing / selling, is it cash-only or cards accepted?

I know they may seem like silly questions, but for an event in our hot-as-heck Georgia summer, it would be good to plan ahead. I've been to several events in this kind of heat and it's REAL easy to get dehydrated / etc. I'm going to bring a cooler with some drinks, so if anyone forgets theirs I'll have a few extras.

JEFFTATE
06-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Jeff, couple of questions that I hadn't seen asked yet:

1. restrooms at the autocross? As I recall, last year they had the building open for that kind of thing...
2. food / drinks at the event: is anyone providing / selling food & drinks, or is it a bring your own? If someone is providing / selling, is it cash-only or cards accepted?

I know they may seem like silly questions, but for an event in our hot-as-heck Georgia summer, it would be good to plan ahead. I've been to several events in this kind of heat and it's REAL easy to get dehydrated / etc. I'm going to bring a cooler with some drinks, so if anyone forgets theirs I'll have a few extras.

The restrooms and building at the Red Top Auction will be open for us..
An independent business sub-leases the snack bar in the auction lobby..
I don't think they will be open .
So , everyone should bring some water or gatorade..
David and I are gonna bring some big coolers with water to share also..

JEFFTATE
06-27-2010, 08:18 AM
I booked a room at the Days Inn Cartersville (about a mile from David's on 20)
so i can relax Friday night and not have to worry about a long drive home and back out Saturday!

The rest of the guys are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn..

Heres' a link to the hotel info:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66411

SparkyRnD
06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
I hate to bring this up, but I'd suggest blocking in the cars at night since the locations of the track and hotel have been listed. Brian and I were discussing what happened to the Air Ride Guys at the Braselton Bash a few years back.

69BRRRD
06-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Car alarm systems are getting cheaper and if you have one like me you can sleep at a motel knowing that if anybody screws with your car about 600 people will find out! Parking where you can see your pride and joy from your room, Agreed Value insurance and LoJack also provide some piece of mind.
Sleeping in your car works too...if it's a cool night.

fordsbyjay
06-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Jeff I posted in a different thread but haven't had any response. Is it possible to register last minute and are newer cars allowed to attend? My Falcon will never be done at the rate I am going but I can always bring the wifes Mustang (06).

fletcherscustoms
06-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Jeff posted somewhere else that online would close Wednesday but he would accept cash if you just show up

fordsbyjay
06-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Jeff posted somewhere else that online would close Wednesday but he would accept cash if you just show up

Cool thanks Chad.

JEFFTATE
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

Yes , bring cash !!
I do not have a credit card machine ..

fletcherscustoms
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Less than 44 hours till the cruise starts!!! woot woot

David Sloan
07-02-2010, 03:49 AM
The time is here!!
Cant wait to see you guys!

Finch
07-02-2010, 06:33 AM
We are leaving Nashville around noon so will meet up with everyone at the park where dinner is. We are bringing a brand new (Old) car out for it's first run so should be exciting.

fletcherscustoms
07-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Sitting at davids shop shooting the ****! Fixing to head to hotel and drop truck and trailer and head back over here. Fun times are here

Steve Chryssos
07-02-2010, 08:51 AM
We won't shove off from Daytona until 3PM, so we will see youz tomorrow. We're bringing free Twist Machine parts to give away if that's okay with everyone.

wicked68
07-02-2010, 10:17 AM
We are leaving Nashville around noon so will meet up with everyone at the park where dinner is. We are bringing a brand new (Old) car out for it's first run so should be exciting.

sweet - see you there. My car is still getting new brakes and new twin disc mccleod clutch and new 5th gear so the mustang will not be there - but I am going to pull a bill and bring a 09 Z06 :D

HectorM52
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
...We're bringing free Twist Machine parts to give away if that's okay with everyone.
While I'm sure those parts won't fit my truck...I'll still say YES bring all the parts you want!!

SparkyRnD
07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Jeff, is the autocross event actually 'starting' at 7am, or is that when ya'll are going to start marking off the course? If that is the case, when is the first car slated to run? We'll be there around 7am-ish and will need to know where we can set up our tent (as I recall, you said near the building and drive-under).

GeoffP
07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I kinda need some info on the time too so I'll know what time to leave in the morning. I'm about 3 hours SE of the event. I'm SO ready!!! :)

HectorM52
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Jeff said we're meeting at the host hotel at 7:00 a.m. and getting to the event around 7:30 a.m.

GeoffP
07-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Whew - not going to make 7:30, but we will be there between 8:30 and 9:00.

bkkpool
07-04-2010, 02:57 PM
I want to thank Jeff, David, Bill and all others that helped make PSMC2 such a great time for everyone. I was only able to participate on Saturday but it was a blast. I will definitly be back in the future and hopefully for the duration.

BTW, this is Brian in the black 73 Camaro.

David Sloan
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I want to thank Jeff, David, Bill and all others that helped make PSMC2 such a great time for everyone. I was only able to participate on Saturday but it was a blast. I will definitly be back in the future and hopefully for the duration.

BTW, this is Brian in the black 73 Camaro.

Thank you for coming, Loved your car!!

protouring70
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for a great weekend!! Getting to meet more friends and enjoying time with old ones. Thanks to everyone!!!!!!
Looking forward to September!!!