PDA

View Full Version : Scoring at El Toro

Bill Howell
03-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Scoring at EL Toro

All phases of competition will be scored according to your fastest lap or time, not a combination of two or more laps. Your best one is the one that counts.
If you drive your car to the event and that trip is more than 100 miles, you will receive an additional 3 points. Please be able to prove you drove the car, not trailered it. One sure way is to take a picture of your car, fueling up, with a local, dated paper showing you are at least 100 miles away from El Toro field.

DSE sponsored roadcourse
1st place earns 12 points
2nd place earns 10 points
3rd place earns 9 points
4th place earns 7 points
5th place earns 5 points
all others earn 2 points

Ridetech sponsored autocross
3rd place earns 9 points
4th place earns 8 points
5th place earns 7 points
5th place earns 5 points
all others earn 2 points

Baer Brake's Speed/ Stop Challenge- This is a timed event that has a stop box at the end. You can run as fast as you like, but have to stop in the box to qualify. Look for speeds near 100 mph here before stopping.
3rd place earns 9 points
4th place earns 7 points
5th place earns 5 points
all others earn 2 points.

In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the person with the best autocross time.

The carshow will be judged by some very qualified people and they will use their own scoring methods. I am not a carshow guy so I will leave that up to them. You will recognize them once you arrive that day.

chevyhector
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Very cool, thanks !

-The Stig-
03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Might as well just give me the win now Bill. lol

I can't wait, sounds like this is going to get heated between friends. :D

-The Stig-
03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Baer Brake's Speed/ Stop Challenge- This is a timed event that has a stop box at the end. You can run as fast as you like, but have to stop in the box to qualify. Look for speeds near 100 mph here before stopping.
3rd place earns 9 points
4th place earns 7 points
5th place earns 5 points
all others earn 2 points.

Oo.. I thought it was going to be a 0-60-0 challenge, but this looks to be a lot tougher, near 100mph speeds and the slam the brakes. OOo our brakes our going to hate us.

The WidowMaker
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
so for those that are closer than 100 miles, can they get the points if they prove they drove it to the 100 mile mark sometime that week?

i think its a good incentive for all to drive and not trailer, so i understand why its being done. but, it would be nice to include those that are being excluded due to location. 3 points could be huge!

btw, i have no pony in the race this year. and i doubt el toro mcas will still be a runway when im done.

-The Stig-
03-14-2010, 08:28 PM
so for those that are closer than 100 miles, can they get the points if they prove they drove it to the 100 mile mark sometime that week?

i think its a good incentive for all to drive and not trailer, so i understand why its being done. but, it would be nice to include those that are being excluded due to location. 3 points could be huge!

btw, i have no pony in the race this year. and i doubt el toro mcas will still be a runway when im done.

This is true... participants like Mary and James get a 3pt advantage from the start. Regardless they'll be hard to beat even without it, but that could be the make or break!

Still, should be interesting.

rrunner68
03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
What if the drive there only happens to be say....I dunno....76.5 miles?

James OLC
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
This is true... participants like Mary and James get a 3pt advantage from the start. Regardless they'll be hard to beat even without it, but that could be the make or break!

Still, should be interesting.

Well, actually no... but it does mean that there will be a unofficial official 100 mile cruise on Friday for those of us who can't make the drive to the event before hand.

mpozzi
03-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Oo.. I thought it was going to be a 0-60-0 challenge, but this looks to be a lot tougher, near 100mph speeds and the slam the brakes. OOo our brakes our going to hate us.

It's not the brakes that will suffer the insult but the tires. With my street tires costing some serious coin, let's just say this won't be my best event nor finish in class no matter what car I end up in.

Mary

mpozzi
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, actually no... but it does mean that there will be a unofficial official 100 mile cruise on Friday for those of us who can't make the drive to the event before hand.

This is a great idea and we should be able to find somewhere fun to go in sunny So. Cal. on Thursday or Friday.

Mary Pozzi and I can really haul ass typing on this iPhone keyboard.

Vegas69
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Will there be a practice session, how long is the road course, and how many laps?

406 Q-ship
03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
This is a great idea and we should be able to find somewhere fun to go in sunny So. Cal. on Thursday or Friday.

Mary Pozzi and I can really haul ass typing on this iPhone keyboard.

I'm tellin'........texting while distracted!

I was thinking of drive to a place where it would over 100 miles to El Toro for the 3 points cause I know I'm going to need everyone. This is what happens when you bring a knife to a howizer fight.....

Nessumsar
03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Aw come on Mary, you don't have ABS-Foot? lol

This should be an interesting event!

KrakNBox
03-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Bill,

What time will the event start? Also, can you post an entry list?

Thanks....

mpozzi
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
We've got that 100-mile requirement solved and will have the evidence to prove it ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

The WidowMaker
03-15-2010, 07:16 PM

perfect solution!!!!

chr2002ca
03-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Let's see, 3 events, 2 points each just for participating. I have totally got 6 points wrapped up. Hell yah.

rrunner68
03-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Let's see, 3 events, 2 points each just for participating. I have totally got 6 points wrapped up. Hell yah.

+3 for the drive..SWEET

chr2002ca
03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
+3 for the drive..SWEET

Nah, I'm not 100+ miles from El Toro. I'm 110+ miles round trip, but not 100+ miles each way. Maybe 1.5 bonus points? Bill? Throw me a bone here. :fingersx:

mdprovee
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM

When and where, I will be coming into town on Friday.

TCI Engineering
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM

^^^this......:1st:

Palm Springs here we come!

chr2002ca
03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
That should make my drive up there a little over 100 miles. I'm totally up to 9 points now. Hell yah! :yeah:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Nessumsar
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Nice idea chris! Too bad I live so close... I would have to run a couple loopty-loops around the OC to get 100 miles!

chr2002ca
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Yep, getting points is oh-so NOT important for me since it's an event in which I have absolutely no shot in hell. I'm just there to have fun. Points are useless to me and my ride(the map was a sick joke). Just another reason to laugh and drink beer and fall down.

However, it is unfair that some people have the ability to obtain 3 extra points and some don't. The out-of-towners definitely should be given credit for driving the extra mile to get there, but it shouldn't be credited towards their overall performance in the event. That's just not fair to local competitors who care about where they finish. Maybe give the out-of-towners a free event T-shirt, or special mention, or a discount towards next year's event, or something like that.

Anyway, not a big deal to me, but maybe to somebody else. I just can't wait to get there and have some fun.

Vegas69
03-16-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm running exibition so not worried about the mileage. However, I'm definitely not against it. That will keep the real race cars out of the competitoin or atleast a disadvantage.

tazzz25906112
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
It's all about the fun and hey you know Bill's sense of humor "Trailers are for Boats" and pretty sure he's just doing his best to keep the Race cars and Trailer Queens at bay....

406 Q-ship
03-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I gotta drive out to find 70 miles to add for the a full 100.......Torrance to Irivine by way of Moorpark.....:screwy:

Bill Howell
03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Too Funny guys. I am sitting here LMAO
I, like others don't feel I am a threat to winning or anything so the mileage points are the only ones I get. To my knowledge, mileage points have never played a part in a win, but does give some the incouragement to drive to the event. Most still trailer if they are coming a long way, but it is cool to see cars pull in, line up and race. Makes my day!

DFRESH
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
You are killin me Bill---I will have to get up early on Sat and make a 98 mile drive, then come back to my place, drive another 2 miles to the track, so I can get my 3 points--well, the car will be warmed up--LOL :cool:

Doug