PDA

View Full Version : El Toro official rules

Bill Howell
03-14-2010, 08:39 AM
OK, for those that have asked, I have written the official rules for participating in the racing portion of the event.
Guys, these are pretty simple, but will be inforced. PLEASE, this is a racing event, have your car ready to go when you get there. I don't have time to hunt down a strap to get your battery secure.
Thanks,

To participate in the racing event at El Toro, you must comply with the following rules.
1. Tire Wear rating has to be 200 or greater. While you can complete with a TW of 199 or less, you will be disqualified from completing for win, or points.
2. All cars are required to have some form of seatbelts for driver and any passengers. While factory belts are a minimum, we perfer 5 point belts, for your safety.
3. No floormats, or anything lose allowed in passenger or trunk compartments during race. No exceptions, please have your car properly prepared before tech so you will not be held up and we will not waste time having to recheck your car.
4. Brake pedal will be checked for proper pedal pressure, car must have all lugs and lugnuts on wheels, batteries must be clamped in properly.
5. Cars must have working lights, tag and insurance. have proper paperwork ready when in tech.
6. Helmets are required for all drivers and riders. Don't ask, you must have them to be in car on track. Also, remind all riders to keep hands, arms, etc inside car at all times.
7. Tech will consist of a general check of car to be sure it is safe for track time. Any decision by tech is final. If you know our car has a questionable issue, ask now or fix it. We can not risk a questionable car, you will simply be asked to not participate.

8. PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS CAREFULLY!
a. ONLY one driver per car, if you are participating for the win and points. IF you simply have your car there and letting everyone drive that is fine, but let us know that is the deal so we can score it that way. The only exception to this rule is this. We are having a MEDIA/VENDOR class running that day also. Your car can run in both classes, with different drivers, as long as you have paid for the regular class and we KNOW who is doing the driving duties for each class. You will be responsible to see that the proper number is being displayed every run or your car will not get proper credits.
b. ONLY one car per driver, if you are completing for win and points. IT is OK to drive more than one car in the competition, however, you must let us know which car you are running in for the win. Any other car you drive will be for exhibition only and no points will be scored in it. In other words, you can not come in first and second in a competition, only one car for scoring purposes.

DFRESH
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks Bill!

chevyhector
03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Gracias, I hope Medusa is ready by then.

-The Stig-
03-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Let's do this thing!

Ordering my tires/wheels as we speak... muwahah.. You guys are bummed! lol

1962nova
03-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Any special requirements for the helmet? Need to find one before the race.

Kent

Bill Howell
03-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Any special requirements for the helmet? Need to find one before the race.

Kent

If you are going to buy one, I suggest one that meets SCCA regulations so you can compete there to, however, all I require is a helmet. A used motorcycle helmet is ok if you can borrow one or have one.

DFRESH
03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Guys, I will be bringing a spare helmet for ride alongs---if you don't have one you are welcome to use this one while you are racing---I may need it once or twice during the day incase my hot bodied chick (wife) wants to go for a ride.

Doug

Nessumsar
03-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Thank you Bill! Only a few things left on my to-do list.

406 Q-ship
03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Open face Helmet is OK? I will be bring my old Helmet for a passenger or to loan to anyone in need.

Bill Howell
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes, open face is fine.

KrakNBox
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Bill,

What time do the festivities kick off at the track?

Thanks....

Rotnralph
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
If you are going to buy one, I suggest one that meets SCCA regulations so you can compete there to, however, all I require is a helmet. A used motorcycle helmet is ok if you can borrow one or have one.

Have a dozen or so helmets that we use for track days and can bring those out as well. Also have head socks to keep the last guys "stylin gel" from becoming yours.

Mike
Spectre Performance

rogue
03-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Car owners aren't required to drive their own cars?

Cdog
03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Are most people wearing full race suits or is this more casual?

Nessumsar
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I would expect to see very few (if any) racing suits.

aray327
03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know what time to be there?

mpozzi
03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Pretty early for Saturday's festivities and Bill posted the time somewhere else. I think it's 7am for sign-in with first car doing something around 8am.

Mary Pozzi

406 Q-ship
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I believe Bill said 6:00 am sign in with a 7:00 drivers meeting.

-The Stig-
03-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Who's bringing the Coffee??

1 - 2 - 3 - Not it! *touches nose*

Sounds like this Saturday morning will be sponsored by Starbucks coffee... well, more like my wallet sponsoring a Starbucks coffee.

mpozzi
03-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Come to think of it, there is a Starbucks pretty close by. I may rent my cuppa 'Bucks (leaded Americano and leave room for cream) early Saturday as well.

Mary Pozzi

Larry Callahan
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I would expect to see very few (if any) racing suits.

What about flight suits? I think one of us is sporting a fancy green one?

Mkelcy
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
What about flight suits? I think one of us is sporting a fancy green one?

You mean the janitor's coveralls?

406 Q-ship
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
You mean the janitor's coveralls?

Carlc's sporty driving suit is once again a topic for decussion. :twothumbs

CarlC
03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
You guys are just jealous of my fashion goodness. If you guys ask really nice I'll slip it on and pick off a few pieces of ABS glue for souvenirs.

406 Q-ship
04-01-2010, 07:38 AM
You guys are just jealous of my fashion goodness. If you guys ask really nice I'll slip it on and pick off a few pieces of ABS glue for souvenirs.

That would take away some of its charm....