PDA

View Full Version : KRC serpentine system

ed1le
03-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Any one running this setup or using any of this company's parts? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-SERPENTINE-PULLEY-KIT-W-PUMPS-DENSO-SETUP-30-HD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439c3ee944QQitemZ290 384177476QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

Not familiar w/ the company but the set up looks pretty nice. Not sure the advantages/disadvantages vs. a regular March or GM system. Company website is www.krcpower.com (http://www.krcpower.com)

novaderrik
03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
that's not a serpentine system- i don't see a belt that "snakes" around all the accessories- it's just a regular system that uses flat grooved belts instead of v belts.

tumper93
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I have that setup and I really like it. Keeps the pulleys and belts in tight and helps to clean things up. You don't want a 30% underdrive though, you need a 1/1 system which that guy doesn't carry. Take a look at speedway motors fo the 1/1 kit. It is a nice set

Johnny Blaze
03-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I talked to the guys at KRC about their kits, and they said as of right now, they do not offer a pulley arangement that would allow the alt to function properly on a street car, but are working on it now.

ed1le
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info, looks cool but obviously won't suit my needs.

tumper93
03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I talked to the guys at KRC about their kits, and they said as of right now, they do not offer a pulley arangement that would allow the alt to function properly on a street car, but are working on it now.

That's odd considering mine charges just fine! Since the alternator pulley is slightly smaller than the other pulleys, which I believe are all the same size, is actually overdriven slightly which does help with low speed charging. Since this motor peaks power at 6,500 I don't forsee over spining the alternator.

Johnny Blaze
03-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe they are just being conservitive in their guide lines. I think i still have the email, let me check

Johnny Blaze
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM
quote".However on the street you will be lacking the sufficient alternator speed to drive it around town.Road racing only requires 1:1 ratios to run the alt,2:1 for drag racing but 3:1 for street use.At this point with some pulley changes to the kits below at best we could get 2:1.Street alternators for example need 2400 rpms to charge at 600 rpm idle.We will have some smaller Delco alternator pulleys in the near future that will get closer to the 3:1 ratio"

Concept One Pulleys
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM

I had a similar problem. Just went to the Internet and found someone to help out. I used the boys at Concept One Pulleys when I had the need for a custom setup. You can find them online, like I did, by visiting the link below:

Car pulley systems (http://www.c1pulleys.com)

-Robertson