PDA

View Full Version : GMP 1:18 Pro-Touring Camaro Diecast "Street Fighter"

JohnnyGMachine
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd just give the PT guys a reminder. Currently we have pre-sold just about 500 of the 1000 Pro-Touring Camaros. They are on the water and should be reaching US shores from China in a couple weeks. Please make sure that If you really want one of these, don't wait long because they will be gone. DCX magazine is putting the model on the cover for the next issue and doing a huge write up on the model and the whole Pro-Touring movement. It's getting exciting and once these Camaros are gone, they're gone. We are only producing 1000 of these Street Fighters since they are a limited edition collectible. Don't miss out on the opportunity to buy the very first high end, most detailed Pro-Touring diecast on the market!

Again Larry, thank you very much for your support on this project! I'll be talking to you soon.

John

rocketrod
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Can you post a pic of one?

Larry Callahan
04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/banner_ads/front-side.jpg

https://www.pro-touring.com/banner_ads/side-rear.jpg

rocketrod
04-25-2005, 10:16 AM
What years are available? I would be interested in a 69 Camaro.

Steve1968LS2
04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
I hope you guys have my order.. placed it over a month ago.. :)

Blitz
04-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Woohoo! I thought you fell off the face of the earth. I've been kinda poking around different sites lately to see if there's any more news on the Street Fighter or it's spin offs:fingersx: . Guess I better quit procrastinating too. Didja ever get my PM?

JohnnyGMachine
04-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I may not have gotten your PM. I've been crazy busy lately. Sorry about that. I'll check it out.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about this particular model. The first 6 production samples come today or tomorrow with the final production packaging and the model should have all the final decoration tweaks. I can't wait. I spoke with Larry and he's getting one of the early production models to review so you guys will hopefully be able to see the packaging and additional pics. I spent a ton of time on the packaging and think you guys will get a kick out of it. You may not even want to open it LOL!

John

69rs
04-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Looks great, John!:icon996: Ya gonna do a 69?

Nutsy
04-26-2005, 06:37 AM
How much are they? and how do we order?

JohnnyGMachine
04-26-2005, 07:52 AM
As far as any possible future PT models, we will most likely be producing atleast one more. I can't really get into details now but Larry and a few of you guys that I have met on here will be involved. You'll just have to stay tuned but there are things in the works. Stay tuned.

As far as ordering,

you can order right from our website at www.gmpdiecast.com or call direct 770-868-1042.

John

BuddyP
04-26-2005, 11:40 AM
That is pretty cool.... looks like it has a '69 dash in it??

JohnnyGMachine
04-27-2005, 05:46 AM
The dash is a modified Smokey Yunich dash actually and a new one-off center console I designed to flow with the lines of the dash. There's a lot of little surprises on the model. I won't spoil it by revealing them all. I'm sitting here working away and I keep looking out the office window to see if Mr. UPS has shown up yet with the first 6 production samples. Killin' me!

Garymac69
04-27-2005, 07:45 AM
John,
If you don't make a '69 Camaro version of the "Big Red Camaro" , you will be missing lots of opportunity!

JohnnyGMachine
04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I know, and I'd love to but if we did it means we'd have to come up with another $150,000 - $200,000 in tooling and prototype costs to do a whole new Camaro program. There aren't really a whole lot of shared parts between our T/A Camaros and Big Red. If we did a Big Red model it'd have to be perfect and to do that means all new tooling for a 69 Camaro model. But hey, ya never know.

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 09:41 AM
This model turned out very nicely! All the tweaks look great and even the paint just blows your mind when you put it outside under the sun! Here's some pics also showing the box and Billet Specialties stuff that comes with the model. We sold a ton today and we are now down to less than 500 of these models left to pre-order. The shipment should be here in the warehouse by the beginning of June.

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Here's a pic...

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 09:43 AM
...and another...

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 09:45 AM
...and yet another...

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
...here's the last one. If you'd like to see more detailed shots of the engine, interior ect. just check out the link to our site on the main page that Larry posted. Thanks.

Enjoy.

JohnnyGMachine
04-28-2005, 11:41 AM
We sold almost 150 of them just today, down to only about 320 left to pre-order. I expect them to be sold out within the next week or two.

John

Blitz
04-29-2005, 05:10 AM
That car looks so good. Question for you John. What determines whether or not you make it to a Third pro touring project? I'm really interested because I think...well I KNOW you guys have the baddest thing out there right now and I'd like to see a long line of them to come. Less Dub Citys and more GMP's if it's meant to be, ya know what I mean?

JohnnyGMachine
04-29-2005, 07:29 AM
As long as you guys keep buying them we'll keep making them and continue to offer something that's different and unique about each one. We sold almost 200 of these cars just yesterday. Another 30 of them sold today - that's just incredible! Evene though it hasn't gotten officially placed on the schedule, I'm sure we'll be adding Street Fighter #2 to the schedule but I can't imagine it any sooner than a 2006 release. I've got a pretty good direction on it and it's gonna be even meaner!!! We've already got a long list of companies we're going to get involved with on the second one. Anyways, enough clues you'll just have to wait.

The DUB stuff is cool in it's own right I think they our doing a decent job of doing a DUB-style g-machine but I think in my opinion they get over done all around. I know their style is about excessive but there's ways of cramming a car full of killer detail without beating somebody over the head with it. I must confess though, I purchased 5-6 of the 1:64th scale Big Time Muscle diecast cars. The 1:64 scale models have good proportions for that scale and look great. I bought a 1:24 scale one and it really needs help. There's a 1:18 Camaro that looks good (I've only seen it in the package) but the deco is just a little too goofy for me. I may buy one and take the Z7 debonding agent to it and clean off the tampos so I can have one with a clean paint job.

Anyways, I can't tell you how many hours I have sunk into the packaging. I really worked hard on the design of this product from the model to the packaging and putting the detail where it counts the most. Scott Sandoval from Billet Specialties has been simply awesome to work with on this project and I am having a blast working with Billet Specialties on this project. A high end wheel and steering wheel on a high end PT Diecast model, what a combination. You just cannot really appreciate this model from photos. The first thing I did was get it out of the package and walk outside with it and see it under direct sunlight - your draw will hit the ground! All the polished and satin finishes, the chrome, the Candy "Tangerscream" paint and the carbon fiber touches! I really want to just thank of all of you and this site for the inspiration for doing this car. All of you who get their hands on one I hope you enjoy it and definitely stay tuned for the next one coming down the pike.