PDA

View Full Version : 75' Dart

BrtnCustom
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
I am completely new to this and need some help. I own a 75 Dodge Dart, and i would like to make it into a g-machine. The part that has me worried is the suspension. Does any body have any suggestions on what should i do. If there is any aftermarket full suspension I can buy. I want car to handle as if it was on rails.

Speed Raycer
08-26-2004, 02:23 PM
There's quite a bit you can do to make your A-body handle.

First and foremost is to buy Tom Condran's (sp?) book on Mopar Suspensions. Do an internet search for his name or see if it's still available over at moparalley.org

Give a little more info about the Dart. The usual tricks apply. Stronger springs, bigger brakes, bigger sway bars, better bushings. Even though Mopar suspensions are different from the other Big 2, the same upgrades apply.

Bigger Torsion bars (springs) available from MP as well as other sources for the 383 A-bodies, box your lower control arms, Viper Caliper Kits from AR Engineering, Tubular UCA's from Magnum Force, heck, there's even a Tubular K frame and coil over kit for the A-body (www.bigblockdart.com I think).

70Dustpan
08-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Bill over at BigBlockDart.com have a very nice coilover K frame setup.

If you want to stay with the stock type suspension I would go with tube upper arms (bill also sells them) Boxed lowers, poly bushings, .990" torsion bars, 1 1/18" front sway bar, C body 11/16" tie rod ends and solid sleeves, adjustable strut rod ends and 11" disc brakes off of the later 70's Mopar for the front. For the rear a set of dearced SS springs, 3/4" rear sway bar, 8 3/4" rearend and 11"X3" brakes. For shocks a good set of adjustables like QA1's.

Here's a link to the stuff Bill has for sale: https://id48.securedata.net/cgi-bin/smivavm?bigblockdart/Merchant2/merchant.mvc+

Hope this helps

B Schein
08-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Is what they call the coilovers setup that they sell a good friend of mine just bought this set up for his 67 Dart. The parts are very well made and the costumers service was good. The only thing I don’t care for is that the steering arms are welded to the spindles. I would have rather some thing that bolts incase you for some reason had to replace a spindle it makes it that much more difficult.