PDA

View Full Version : Braided A/C line type fro Vintage Air

kochevy67
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I am currently installing the Vintage Air setup in my car. The question I have is do you have to run nylon inserted line or can I run a teflon line. I want to run braided line because I do not like the black hose that Vintage supplies. I priced the fittings and line with the nylon in it and it seems expensive. I was told you can run teflon lines with ferrule fittings but I want to mkae sure. Thanks.

ProdigyCustoms
03-09-2010, 06:42 AM
All the braided A/C hoses available are junk. The make it yourself Aeroquip stuff leaks and is very difficult to clock properly if you have angled fittings on both ends. Gotta Show can make braided hoses for you but most aftermarket A/C companies are not crazy about you running that hose. And if there is a hose failure it WILL void your warranty.

Best deal going on a good looking hose is the EZ Clip stuff.

parsonsj
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Seconded on the EZ Clip stuff. Easy to cut, clock, and install. And it doesn't leak.

jp

KUL FIR CHICK N
03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Never use Teflon hose for HVAC lines. Teflon is highly permeable by 134a and you'll loose your charge much too quickly. Also, the fittings on the ends are not sufficient either. I'm not positive, but I think Gotta Show uses Teflon hose. Aeroquip braided HVAC hose and fittings are designed to retain refrigerant and work well, but as stated they are difficult to assemble. If assembled properly they won't leak, but they take a lot of practice to get right. Once they're assembled, you can't rotate the fitting on the hose, so as Frank stated you really don't want to try installing elbows on both ends.

EZ clip is an excellent alternative.

kochevy67
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks where can I read up on the ez clip fittings.

kochevy67
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys I found some info. on it. Where can you order it and ask tech ?'s.

parsonsj
03-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Vintage Air gave me excellent tech support on those fittings.

jp

drc270
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Are there any better pics(maybe in color)of the ez clip hose and fittings other than what is on VA website?

ProdigyCustoms
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
OK, here is a secret. Ready? EZ Clip type fittings are going to be available in black VERY soon from Vintage Air and Vintage Air dealers.

DO NOT bombard VA phones asking when they will be available, I probably am not even supposed to say anything yet. Please be pateient and I promise the very second they are available VA will let me know and I will announce it on the forums.

Here is a sneak peak

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

drc270
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Thanks for sharing.
How about some good pics of the hose?

John Wright
03-30-2010, 04:20 AM
OK, here is a secret. Ready? EZ Clip type fittings are going to be available in black VERY soon from Vintage Air and Vintage Air dealers.

DO NOT bombard VA phones asking when they will be available, I probably am not even supposed to say anything yet. Please be pateient and I promise the very second they are available VA will let me know and I will announce it on the forums.

Here is a sneak peak

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
Ahhhh, this is great!....I will need to make up some hoses when the time comes.

ProdigyCustoms
03-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing.
How about some good pics of the hose?

It will use the standard EZ Clip hose. I did not take any pics of that while there.

EBMC
05-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Heres a shot of it assembled. These hoses and fittings are the only way to go IMO.

dhutton
05-04-2010, 09:34 AM
One of my original VA hoses that I had crimped at the local NAPA leaked and I replaced it with an EZ clip hose. It was very easy to assemble and worked great. The most painful part was the price of the crimping tool but no doubt I will be using it again on my current project.

CraigT
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Any updates Frank on the black fittings and hose from Vintage?

ProdigyCustoms
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
No, were off a couple months yet.

I dropped that out there too early.

d.c.
05-12-2010, 05:20 PM
The Gotta Show lines are Nylon and suitable for 134a. They look great in SS and they are the biggest pain in the a** to run and clock. The only bigger pain was finding someone to crimp the fittings. Gotta Show requires two very specific crimp types that no one wants to use on the supplied stainless fittings. However, to their credit you can size and clock them then send them back to Gotta Show and they will crimp them for $20. Still a pain in my opinion, better to use the ez clip system I will be doing so next time.

meenaggie
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Frank, any update on the black fittings from EZ Clip and VA? I was thinking SEMA was right around the corner and they would surely be ready for that event.

ProdigyCustoms
10-06-2010, 02:39 AM
They are not going to happen. I jumped the gun and posted some super spy shots I should not have. Like seeing your mother in law naked, we now all have to try and forget we saw them!

Steve68
10-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Black Anodizing??????