PDA

View Full Version : Need a LT1 expert in Dallas area

gkring
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I have a friend/customer with a 96 Impalla SS with a persistant P1351 code. Car will idle and run all day long below 1500 RPM and never set the code. the second it sees over 500 the code sets. It is a code dealing with Ignition module signal. Car has been running and driving a few years with this code and the guy finally wants it fixed. Car has recent new plugs, optispark, coil, and O2 sensors. I have replaced the entire engine harness due to a nitrous fire in the past that was causing all kinds of electrical issues that I was tired of band aiding. With the harness came an extra ECM. New ECM has no effect on the code setting. I have done all I know to do. I appreciate the inevitable internet suggestions, but I would really like to have someone look at this car in person. Whether a legit shop or someone wanting to make some cash money it doesn't matter.

gearheads78
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Greg how about a piece of black tape over the light?:idea:

gkring
03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Well the light or inspection sticker isn't really a problem as far as the customer is concerned. The guy wants to put the bottle back on the car and I feel a little nervous knowing something is not right with the engine controls.

Randy67
03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Just curious, have you replaced the ignition module right next to the coil? Maybe it was replaced when the coil was, just tossing ideas out there.