PDA

View Full Version : ok, I need help with mustang disc brakes

Bryce
03-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I have talked to frank about this and looked into wilwood and downloaded all wilwoods drawings for hubs calipers and rotors; no solutions yet.

Problem:

65 mustang with real 14" magnesium wheels and street tires. These are 245 tires and I can not tolerate any increase in track width due to an offset spindle. This will be a drag car and trying to get as light as possible.

Does anyone make a aluminum hub for a 65 musatang? wilwood makes three and they wont quite work for me due to rotor set backs or offsets.

I have looked into baer and SSBC, neither have enough information on their sites to make a desicion if they will work or not.

any suggestions will be helpful.

jfoster
03-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Check with aerospacecomponents.com
They are very nice and might even work with you to create the hub you need.

Bryce
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
cool, thanks going there now!

cheapthrillz
03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Call Tobin @ Kore3 Industries..... He can probably build what you want. He machined me some for my Galaxie....

Bryce
03-06-2010, 06:13 PM
JC, how much was that setup. I think i found a setup that may work at aerospace brakes. I will need to call them on monday and ask all the specific dimensions not available on the website.

cheapthrillz
03-07-2010, 08:35 AM
JC, how much was that setup. I think i found a setup that may work at aerospace brakes. I will need to call them on monday and ask all the specific dimensions not available on the website.

Lets see, mine were custom made to match a Ford Spindle and a Corvette rotor.... machined out of aluminum.... dual drilled for 5x4.5.... black anodized..... and included new bearings/seals and grease cap. I think all of this ran right at $350 for the pair.....

I would just call him and talk over your needs..... he's a great guy to work with.

Bryce
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
thanks JC.

cheapthrillz
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
thanks JC.

No problemo

Bryce
03-24-2010, 05:38 AM
so this is still a back burner project. I need to sort out other things on the car first. However, I did find that Hotrod USA has some custom wilwood kits that are zero offset and 10.75" diameter rotors.

So at least now I have a few choices!!!!