PDA

View Full Version : 5point Harness

sonicblue70
08-26-2004, 10:54 AM
I am trying to find a part number or something for Simpson 5 point harness with the standard latch the bolts to the floor. Looking in Summit catalog I cant tell wich one I need. I don't have a cage so thes have to bolt to the floor!

Thanks,
Corey

Matt@RFR
08-26-2004, 11:46 AM
This? (http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/catalog/restraints/29070.asp)

kmracer
10-23-2004, 12:44 PM
IVE HERD BAD STORYS ABOUT THOSE..... you can get like spinal cromression and stuff if you crash.... :injured: :injured: :injured: :injured:

zbugger
10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
IVE HERD BAD STORYS ABOUT THOSE..... you can get like spinal cromression and stuff if you crash.... :injured: :injured: :injured: :injured:

That's all dependent on where it's bolted to. For that reason, it's not recommended to bolt them down to the floor right behind the seats. You want as little angle as possible to avoid that result. Lots of guys use the rear seatbelt mounting points too, but that's not the safest either. I guess you'd call it the best compromise, but when I have to, I'm not gonna. Safety is too important to me.

kmracer
10-23-2004, 02:20 PM
That's all dependent on where it's bolted to. For that reason, it's not recommended to bolt them down to the floor right behind the seats. You want as little angle as possible to avoid that result. Lots of guys use the rear seatbelt mounting points too, but that's not the safest either. I guess you'd call it the best compromise, but when I have to, I'm not gonna. Safety is too important to me.
i agree just
put a bar in there.....

sonicblue70
10-25-2004, 04:55 AM
After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to do this. At first I thought this should be a little safter then I did on the research and the general consenses(sp) is that it can cause spinal injury and that is something that is just not worth going through. If I decide to put these in my car I will put in the just the hoop that would hold the bar to mount the seatbelts to.

Corey

kmracer
10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
good idea..... :angel:

jcs
10-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Mine are bolted to the rear seatbelt points under the rear seat. You do make a good point about the angle, though. I have a 4 point bar, but a cross bar is hard to get in there unless you want to ditch the rear seat and move the bar back. Without doing that, which I would rather not, I can't think of a better way to get harnesses in there, though. I guess I figure its better to have marginal harnesses than only lap belts. I thought about welding something under the package tray, and bolting them to there...

Q ship
11-02-2004, 01:17 PM
this link (http://home.columbus.rr.com/trackbirdz28/cage_info.htm) brings up a very good point, one that I had never thought of. I would never run harnesses in a car without a cage again. I know, what are the odds of flipping it, right? It would just take one time though....

steemin
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
I have two small boys 8 and 11 that will occasionally be riding in the back seat. I am not going to be going to the track. However I would like more than a lap belt for me and the boys. You never know what can happen.
I buy into the logic of the previous post regarding rollovers and 4 and 5 point harnesses. So I am not going that route.
Are there any valid options for my needs?

Salt Racer
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
http://store.yahoo.net/wescoperformance/resebe.html

I wouldn't buy hardtop/convertible belts. It comes w/o sash, and that actually made installation more difficult on my car. I ended up exchanging them with standard belts.

Or you can adapt something from late model cars.