PDA

View Full Version : Sprayable Sound Deadening

BigBlockOlds
04-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Just curious if anyone has used the Cascade audio sprayable sound deadening and insulation? How well does it work?

I will be doing the entire interior of my car and this sounded like a cheaper solution to the outrageous prices of Dynamat.

Thanks,

WS6
04-26-2005, 06:33 PM
you need to get the big gallon bucks and the air gun for it to be worth your time. the aerosole cans simply do not contain enough material to make good coverage. also keep in mind that jute backing does the best at keeping road noise down while this spray stuff and dynamat only cure panel vibration. you can get jute backing at carpet stores or home depot im sure. i used both jute backing and B-quiet extreme on my formula and it worked very well. heres www.b-quiet.com good stuff and not as expensive as dynamat

Tom Welch
04-26-2005, 06:56 PM
The product in question is pretty good but rather expensive. I have researched many different options for vibration damping, sound deadening and insulation. A kit will soon be available to dampen, deaden and insulate a car for about 300.00 complete. Spray on deadener will cost over 500.00 plus the gun. Too much in my opinion. The only issue I have with jute is moisture retention. Most foam products are urethane, so are unsuitable for confined spaces due to toxic fumes in certain conditions. I'm working on finalizing the different products needed for a 'proper' insulation kit.

third base
04-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I used a spray in truck bed liner as a vibration dampener cost about 200 plus the gun. 1 "Kit" can do from the fire wall to the trunk(in the cab). then I am going to apply dynamat extreme over that. the stuff I used is a lot like what is used in newer cars for sound deadening and vibration dampening. it is supposed to work very well and have gotten a lot of compliments from various people. I used the same product as undercoating of the car to sandwhich the metal for optimum deadening also. I have not used cascade but if it is anything like dynamats liquid sound control don't use it because it drys very weak and is mainly used for hard to get areas and doesn't do as good as a job as actual dynamat extreme.