PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Motor State Challenge registration is now open!

Larry Callahan
03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/events/msc/2010/msc-all-logos-rev-f-2010g.gif

http://www.motorstatechallenge.com

Motor State Distributing, Lane Automotive and Allstar Performance Products will once again be hosting the
“Motor State Challenge” on June 18-20, 2010 in Watervliet, MI.

This Pro-Touring /G-Machine event mirrors the very popular “Run Thru The Hills” event that will take place later in the year. A full schedule of activities is already confirmed so you won’t want to miss this happening. Situated in the Southwest Corner of the Great Lake State of Michigan, participants and spectators will be surrounded by lush, rolling vineyards and, of course, beautiful Lake Michigan.

Scheduled events will include facility tours of Motor State Distributing, one of the performance industry’s top warehouse distributors, a cruise through the back roads of Harbor Country and along the winding coast of Lake Michigan, a cookout dinner on Lake Michigan, road racing at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI, and a timed autocross to wrap up the event on Sunday.

Join us and experience what Pro-Touring is all about. Three days filled with good times, good friends and some of the meanest Pro-Touring/G-Machines in the country. This event is the perfect opportunity to safely test your car’s performance on the autocross as well as on the road course. A great deal of hard work and preparation is involved in building a G-Machine; this is your chance to show off what your car can really do.

Friday, June 18
12:00 – 3:00 Motor State Facility Tours
3:15 – 3:30 Drivers’ Meeting (Cruise)
3:45 – 6:00 Cruise through the wine country and along Lake Michigan Shoreline (Approx. 40-50 Miles)
6:00 – 10:00 – Cookout dinner at Warren Dunes on Lake Michigan (http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=504&type=SPRK) (Bridgman, MI)

Saturday, June 19
8:00 – 5:00 All Day Event at Gingerman Raceway (Road Course) in South Haven, MI.
Drivers will be broken up into groups, depending on experience. Novice drivers will be led by a pace car and speeds will be kept to appropriate skill level. Experienced and Professional drivers will be allowed to run the course at a faster pace but will still be asked to keep safety at the forefront.

All drivers and passengers will be required to wear a current SNELL approved helmet and there will be absolutely NO fender to fender racing on the course.

Sunday, June 20
8:00 – 4:00 Autocross,Lake Michigan College (http://www.lakemichigancollege.edu/) Parking Lot (Benton Harbor, MI) Competition will begin at 8:00 and continue until 4:00. Awards for the event will be handed out at the conclusion of the Autocross event.

All drivers and passengers will be required to wear a current SNELL approved helmet

Motor State's Relay for Life (http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/) team has offered to do a cookout on Sunday during the autocross. They will grill hamburgers, hot dogs, and provide chips, cookies, and drinks for a donation to the charity.

Due to the nature of this event, participation registrations will be limited.

In order to secure your spot, please register as soon as possible.
All events run rain or shine

Host Hotel Contact Information - The Host Hotel for the event will be the Surfari Joe’s Ramada Inn and Water Park (http://www.safarijoes.com/hotel.php) in Watervliet, MI.

Special rates have been established for the weekend. $69.00 Sun-Thurs (excluding Holiday weekends) and $99.00 Fri & Sat and includes access to the water park and pools. Act fast as only 40 rooms have been reserved. When calling and making a reservation tell them you are with the Pro-Touring Group. Special room rate does include Water Park admission. If your family plans on enjoying the water park, wrist bands can be had

Rooms are limited so make your reservation today. Call 269-463-7946

Please know what size free t-shirts you will need with your dinners before registering.
If you are unable to make it to dinner T-shirts will be available for purchase during registration.

http://www.motorstatechallenge.com (http://www.motorstatechallenge.com)

Finch
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Really a great deal for the money. I am all signed up.....

Larry Callahan
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Really a great deal for the money. I am all signed up.....

Numero Uno!

Bow Tie 67
03-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Done!!

tommycomfort
03-04-2010, 04:37 AM
We're signed up! Time to turn up the heat on getting the 66 done...

jimhamptons
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
In!

Yelcamino
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
We're signed up! Time to turn up the heat on getting the 66 done...

Cool! I signed up today too! :6gears:

Zanie
03-04-2010, 11:21 AM
I had a great time last year in my ’72 monte, and I didn’t do any track time or autocross (other that some blistering passenger seat time at Gingerman in Matt’s Camaro).
This year I’m coming back with my ’71 Chevelle Convertible.
I’m sure autocrossing isn’t a problem in the convertible; But will I be able to do (novice) laps at Gingerman in my convert?
I’m ready to sign up, but I need to know what I can sign up for

Thanks!
Dan

WMCC Doug
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
OK, I'm all registered and the room is booked! Let's go!

no bags
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
.....signed up, signed in , and idling in the driveway ready to go! See you all there.

Bob

Jim Nilsen
03-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I am ready to go.

Plenty of time to get things really ready unlike last year.

See everyone there.

Bill Howell
03-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm in. Can't wait, one of the best events of the year!

dropit69
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Just signed up..can't wait !!

ProBell
03-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Signed up. Look forward to see every one again. Randy

Bow Tie 67
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Looking forward to this above all.

I hope we can still run DOT APPROVED R-compound tires, unlike the rest of the so-called racing events. :)

hotrdblder
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Looking forward to this above all.

I hope we can still run DOT APPROVED R-compound tires, unlike the rest of the so-called racing events. :)
Haaaaaaaaaaaa......i am in

Van B
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
looking forward to this above all.

I hope we can still run dot approved r-compound tires, unlike the rest of the so-called racing events. :)

+1...

ProBell
03-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I was hopping it would be open to all R compound tires, Could not run my Hoosiers last year in competition so I destroyed a set of run-flats. I do not want to have to buy a set of tires just for this event but will do what ever the rules say. I am just glad they are putting on such a good event again. Randy

Mike Holleman
03-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Cool! I signed up today too! :6gears:
Crawled out of the bed and got registered for MSC. Still "recovering" from the flu. Should have spent the last two days lapping VIR, but no. Had to catch the flu and miss one of the best driving schools available this spring.
Mike

Bow Tie 67
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I was hopping it would be open to all R compound tires, Could not run my Hoosiers last year in competition so I destroyed a set of run-flats. I do not want to have to buy a set of tires just for this event but will do what ever the rules say. I am just glad they are putting on such a good event again. Randy

I'm cool with that, hell I dont car if cars run full blown slicks. The group I run with in my neck of the woods include full blown race cars. I just want to use the competition tires I bought and not have to dumb the car down / make it slower.

" Eyes need my crack tires " Charlie Lillard quote, more or less.

Jim Nilsen
03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Crawled out of the bed and got registered for MSC. Still "recovering" from the flu. Should have spent the last two days lapping VIR, but no. Had to catch the flu and miss one of the best driving schools available this spring.
Mike

I am looking forward to seeing you and your son there.

30 people so far and a lot of names that aren't on the list that were there last year.

I can hardly wait and hope to have more fun than last year.

Mike Holleman
03-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I am looking forward to seeing you and your son there.

30 people so far and a lot of names that aren't on the list that were there last year.

I can hardly wait and hope to have more fun than last year.
Thanks Jim, Look forward to seeing you as well. Haven't gotten a firm commitment out of Michael yet. It may be the wife instead.
Mike

Bill Howell
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
OK, blame me guys, I am the one who convinced Scott, and other event promoters to go to 200 Treadwear.
I know, I know, not everyone will be happy with this decision, BUT, there was alot of thought that went into the decision. MAINLY this one thing, just so everyone knows. WE are building STREET cars we can race, not race cars with tags. Not many people I know buy 100 Treadwear or less tires for their other street cars and most prefer 300 or better when buying tires. I do know that if you make one trip across country, you will be buying new tires if you ran 100Treadwear. Therefore, in the spirit of what we art trying to do here, with different events, etc, that proving we have streetcars we feel comfortable racing, plus the fact I don't like the idea of putting a novice on race tires and see them get over their head quickly on a track, I incouraged everyone to go with 200 Treadwear. I know several of you race your cars regularly and yes, this will make the tires the weak point of your setup, however, we have to remember sometimes we have people that are there for their first time. A side reason for 200 is to keep us from having to have more than one set of tires on our cars. Most can not afford TWO or THREE sets of wheels and tires just to be competitive.
SO, like I said, blame me, but I think in the long run, for the majority of participants and for the good of the hobby 200 is a number fair to all concerned.
I hope this helps everyone understand where we are at at this point with tires and why the decision was made.

tazzz25906112
03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey Bill I'm one of those guys buying tires as a result of the new rule but heck you had the vision to start these types of events (Run through the Hills being the longest running event of this kind) so I trust your judgment and wisdom in guiding these changes in what we do as balance and informed....

While there will be some grumblings with change, we're all lucky to have someone that does not have an agenda stepping back and reflecting on what is best for the group at large.... Not many people will separate themselves from emotion and look at things logically in a balanced way consuming endless hours of their own private time...... Should that not be enough,,,, have the fortitude to announce (what could be a less than popular tire change) and take ownership of it..... This my friends is the mark of a true leader and a strong contributing part of the reason we have such a great growing group of events happening.... Thanks for your endless efforts my friend they are appreciated.

Bow Tie 67
03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
OK, blame me guys, I am the one who convinced Scott, and other event promoters to go to 200 Treadwear.
I know, I know, not everyone will be happy with this decision, BUT, there was alot of thought that went into the decision. MAINLY this one thing, just so everyone knows. WE are building STREET cars we can race, not race cars with tags. Not many people I know buy 100 Treadwear or less tires for their other street cars and most prefer 300 or better when buying tires. I do know that if you make one trip across country, you will be buying new tires if you ran 100Treadwear. Therefore, in the spirit of what we art trying to do here, with different events, etc, that proving we have streetcars we feel comfortable racing, plus the fact I don't like the idea of putting a novice on race tires and see them get over their head quickly on a track, I incouraged everyone to go with 200 Treadwear. I know several of you race your cars regularly and yes, this will make the tires the weak point of your setup, however, we have to remember sometimes we have people that are there for their first time. A side reason for 200 is to keep us from having to have more than one set of tires on our cars. Most can not afford TWO or THREE sets of wheels and tires just to be competitive.
SO, like I said, blame me, but I think in the long run, for the majority of participants and for the good of the hobby 200 is a number fair to all concerned.
I hope this helps everyone understand where we are at at this point with tires and why the decision was made.

Hey, Bill can I be the first to say wtf? Just giving you some crap from up north. I hate the way my car looks with the other set of rims, and this decision will keep my R compound around a little longer for my local events. Hopefully my KDW's will take the abuse well. I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put forward to make these events possible. Kudos, so what are you bringing to Gingerman?

Bill Howell
03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks Matt. I will be there with the Charger this year. I am already registered and ready to go. The charger is pretty much sorted out now and I look forward to making the rounds at Gingerman.
I understand all the arguements about R compounds, etc and you are right, they will still be good for track days, etc. However, in the spirit of Street Cars, I think for the protouring events, this evens the playing field, and certainly lets people drive their cars to events, and race on the same tires.

Larry Callahan
03-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Spots are still open. Don't forget to sign up soon as you might miss out.

mjschneidy
03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here and would really like to join you guys at Gingerman. I've been doing HPDE for many years and have instructed for the past several. Most of them at Gingerman.

Question: Could I run with you guys in the higher skill level class on my Hoosiers if I accepted the disqualification from prizes or trophies? I just really want to enjoy a track day with some new really nicely done cars other than those I normally run with. I'd even be happy to ride shotgun with anyone needing a little "help".

My car is tagged and very much street worthy but I just don't drive it on the street anymore and therefore don't have anything other than R's. Guess I could run my rain tires if that helps but they still fall outside the tread wear requirements for competition.

Thanks, Mike

ProBell
03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Mike, I think they will let you run. Just wondering what the car is? Hope to see you their Randy

Ron S
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Just signed up, hope most of the bugs are out of this thing by then. Ron

tazzz25906112
03-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Alright Ron, almost thought you zigged instead of zagged on that last turn LOL.... How you been man??? drop me a line when you get a chance...

mjschneidy
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Mike, I think they will let you run. Just wondering what the car is? Hope to see you their Randy

Hey Randy -- I'll sign up and hope for the best since I haven't had any feedback that I couldn't run for fun. I created a PT Garage with car info and a few on track pictures. More build pictures later. Link is in my signature.

Vinz68
03-31-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm in!! Can't wait!! So what's the deal with tire's ? We running R compound?

Steve Chryssos
04-01-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm in!! Can't wait!! So what's the deal with tire's ? We running R compound?

It's 10:26 AM on Thursday April 1st:
I just spoke with Bill Howell and Scott Wahlstrom from Motor State: the sub 200 event exclusion does NOT apply to El Toro, Run Thru the Hills or Motor State Challenge. You are welcome to show up and run with sub 200 treadwear tires at the above listed events.I can't speak for other events.

The 200 treadwear policy applies ONLY to the silly trophies. You WILL be allowed to run your car with sub-200 TW tires. You will not be eligible for a trophy with sub 200 tires.

I hope I have made that clear.

El Toro, Motor State and Run Thru the Hills Sub 200 Treadwear:
Participation YES Trophy NO.

Scott Wahlstrom
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to follow up to Steve's post earlier this morning. No one will be turned away from participating at the Motor State Challenge because of the tire they run or the year of their car. We do have some rules in place that make some cars ineligible for the awards and prizes but we want everyone to feel welcome to show up and participate. In the spirit of "Pro-Touring" the competition is built around older muscle cars with a 200+ tire but if you want to run your new Camaro, Vette, Mustang, Challenger....etc we're completely fine with that. We're also fine with you bringing your older car and running on sub 200 tires just know that these types of entries are not eligible for the overall competition. The tire rule seems to be the hot button and the 200+ rule was not intended to limit anyones participation but mearly establish what was considered a legitimate "street" tire for the competition.
Bottom line for the Motor State Challenge - no one will be turned away from participating unless of course we have a safety issue.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone in June.

Scott

Jim Nilsen
04-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I see big smiles and some really hot laps coming from this new rule:drive:

fletcherscustoms
04-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Done!! Now If I can get TY to sign up the freedombird also!!!

protour73
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Larry? Scott? How many spots are left for the event??? Hotel rooms still available?

I am still procrastinating!!!!!!!!!!! :enguard:

WMCC Doug
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Come on Scotty, don't miss two years in a row.

I'm all registered and have hotel reservations. I'm hoping to have all the "refinements" done to the '74 Z28 by then, but will run my 2002 HRE Berger Camaro again if the '74 isn't "track" ready. It's been "street" ready since last summer, but still needs some adjustments and refinements before it's "track" ready.

mjschneidy
04-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Im in! Just registered. Looking forward to checking out some nice 1st Gen iron.

Payton King
04-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Signed up and looking forward to it.

Jim Nilsen
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Signed up and looking forward to it.

I am so glad to hear you are coming up for the event.You are going to love it, the track is just the right size to run hard and be safe, not a lot to hit if you go off track. If the little Vibe can hold up to it anything we have should too.

See Ya There

796spdbu
04-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Just signed up!

Greg

Yelcamino
05-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Since this event is just around the corner, I'd thought we should bring this thread back to life...

tommycomfort
05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Since this event is just around the corner, I'd thought we should bring this thread back to life...

Back to life? It's just about all I think about. :machine:

Yelcamino
05-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Back to life? It's just about all I think about. :machine:

So you gonna have that Chevelle of yours ready in time? :poke:

tommycomfort
05-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, "ready" is a funny word. I don't think it will ever be ready to run in a class with cars like yours, but Sam and I did take it for a spin around the block yesterday and things are really starting to come together. So, unless we grenade it at the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge, or driving it to Chevellabration, it will be there!
:enguard:

Yelcamino
05-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Well, "ready" is a funny word. I don't think it will ever be ready to run in a class with cars like yours, but Sam and I did take it for a spin around the block yesterday and things are really starting to come together. So, unless we grenade it at the Midwest Muscle Car Challenge, or driving it to Chevellabration, it will be there!

I didn't know you were driving it yet! That's awesome! :twothumbs I appreciate the compliment, but I don't think you want your car in the same class as my junk! Have fun at the MMCC and then show the lawn chair crowd at Chevellabration what it's like to drive the wee out of these old cars! Hopefully you have most of the bugs worked out by time you get to the Motor State!

Charley Lillard
05-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm in.

ProBell
05-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi Charley, What car will you bring? Randy

Charley Lillard
05-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Same yellow car as last year.

WMCC Doug
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey Charlie, looking forward to seeing you again. I hope to bring two cars this year. The '74 Z28 still isn't quite ready for track duty, (I know, I'm slow)but should be fine for the dinner cruise. I plan to run the Hot Rod Magazine, Berger Camaro on Saturday and Sunday again.

I hope the weather is dryer and cooler than last year!

See ya there.

69Myway
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM

See you at the Midwest challenge. Only difference is - I grenade my car BEFORE the event! LOL Still trying to get the transmission back in.

Subway
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi All,

I'm signed up and think I might be 'ready'. This is my first track event with a musclecar (my '68 Firebird Convertible). Looking forward to some enjoyable fun laps in the novice class. And really looking forward to seeing everyone elses cars on track.

Going thru my checklists and have 2 questions:
1. Are my BFG R1 tires OK to use?

2. Other than a helmet, do I need any special safety equipment? (nomex gloves, belaclava, shoes, suit etc... ?)

Thanks,
Jared

Larry Callahan
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Everyone signed up? Today is the last day to do so.

Subway
06-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, I just got an E-mail from the Motor State Challenge organizers that answers both of my questions... Unfortunately, without a rollbar in my convertible, it also means I am most certianly NOT READY. :doh: :(

Bill Howell
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Well, I just got an E-mail from the Motor State Challenge organizers that answers both of my questions... Unfortunately, without a rollbar in my convertible, it also means I am most certianly NOT READY. :doh: :(
I am just getting online and was going to tell you that you will need a rollbar in a convert to get on the roadcoarse, saftey first. I am not sure about the autocross, you may still be able to do that.

Subway
06-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I agree with safety first. I just did not think a rollbar was a requirement for this event until I recieved the E-mail with the rules this evening.

My convertible 'bird has a fairly original looking interior... with the hood closed I still get folks that ask me if it's all-stock. hehehe, sure it is... Basically, I just have not stepped-up to cutting and welding on the chassis.

I called Jeg's, which is within easy driving distance... they have a 4-point NRHA-style roll-bar kit in stock that I can pick-up tomorrow after work. I doubt I can pull off a decent roll-bar in time but we'll see.

-Jared

ProBell
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Jared

I like the spirit. Hope you can get it done. It would not be a racing event in my book unless there was a last minuet thrash.

Randy

Yelcamino
06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi Jared

I like the spirit. Hope you can get it done. It would not be a racing event in my book unless there was a last minuet thrash.

Randy

The story of my life! It seems like before every event, I have a last minute thing to fix. In fact, tomorrow I have to take both axles to the machine shop to R&R the bearings & seals because the seals suddenly decided to leak! :hammer:

dropit69
06-15-2010, 06:05 PM
well i got all my other stuff done to car and adjusted carb cause it was to rich..took it out for highway cruise and it wont shift into OD..so now that i messed with it all day yesterday i work the next 3 12 hour days i wont get time to mess with it before fri..so prolly be spectating or trailering it and working on it there..oh the fun !!!

wiedemab
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
I will be there with my 99 Vette, just having some fun. I need to at a minimum put some new brake pads on it. It was kind of a last minute decision, so I probably don't have time to get any good pads. I've read good things about the Hawk HP Plus for the C5, but due to the time, I will probably just pick up some stock Z06 pads. I will measure my rotors and maybe replace them too.

If anyone wants to say that their old musclecar went around Gingerman faster than a C5, this is your opportunity, cuz I'm a newbie and will probably be slow as mud!!!!!!!! I will have fun anyway.

See you all there - B

Charley Lillard
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Brandon...You have the right idea. We all got our feet wet at some time. I see it now. You will have so much fun on the track that your lifetime of projects will have a change of direction.

Mike Holleman
06-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Well guys, I'm on the road within the hour. Should make lower Ohio today. Look forward to another good time in Michigan. My basic route is I-40, I-77, I-80 etc. See ya'll soon. cell 252-659-0509
Mike

ProBell
06-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Motor State would probably have the Hawk pads and I will have the tools to change them if you want to do them at the motel or track. Randy

Steve Chryssos
06-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Jared,
Beautiful car! You can autocross. You can run your R1's, but you will mot be eligible for the main trophy.

As for the road course, your car only has lap belts, right? I want everyone to run, but convertibles present special challenges. Concerns are not just roll over protection. Limbs are more likely to get caught outside of the vehicle in accidents. And 2 point restraints (lap belts) can be pretty dangerous in frontal collisions.

For anyone who wants to track a convertible, roll bars have many benefits. In addition to providing roll over protection, a roll bar gives you a place to mount multi-point belts. Added chassis rigidity is a nice plus.

I would consider a custom bolt-in 4 point roll bar as a future upgrade. Track days are too much fun to miss. I hope you will come out to Gingerman anyway and take rides in some other cars.

Beautiful car
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Bow Tie 67
06-16-2010, 03:36 AM
I will be there with my 99 Vette, just having some fun. I need to at a minimum put some new brake pads on it. It was kind of a last minute decision, so I probably don't have time to get any good pads. I've read good things about the Hawk HP Plus for the C5, but due to the time, I will probably just pick up some stock Z06 pads. I will measure my rotors and maybe replace them too.

If anyone wants to say that their old musclecar went around Gingerman faster than a C5, this is your opportunity, cuz I'm a newbie and will probably be slow as mud!!!!!!!! I will have fun anyway.

See you all there - B

Brandon,

Unfortunately this event, I'll have to bow out of the 80's tribute party crash. This weekend I have to be able to do more than stumble around the paddock drunk.

See ya soon,
Matt

Zanie
06-16-2010, 05:12 AM
I was there for Friday and Saturday last year, so i know how much fun this is going to be (and my 72 monte never hit the gingerman track, but I still had a gas).
This year I signed up for everything right after registration opened. I was hoping to be able to do the "touring" on Saturday, but with lap belts only it doesn't look like that's happening.

If everything else on my car is up to snuff, can I autocross on Sunday?
Thanks

wiedemab
06-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Brandon,

Unfortunately this event, I'll have to bow out of the 80's tribute party crash. This weekend I have to be able to do more than stumble around the paddock drunk.

See ya soon,
Matt

Yep, none of that for me either!!!!!

wiedemab
06-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Just thought I'd check to see if anyone wanted to split the cost of a room.

Due to my procrastination, the hotel (Surfari or whatever it's called) is out of rooms.

I will be flying solo this weekend so I'm just looking for a place to crash at night - - I feel like I'm taking out a personal ad.........................

Non-smoker in my 30's...wait, just kidding.

Worst case, I'll just grab a room at another hotel.

Steve Chryssos
06-16-2010, 06:24 AM
I was there for Friday and Saturday last year, so i know how much fun this is going to be (and my 72 monte never hit the gingerman track, but I still had a gas).
This year I signed up for everything right after registration opened. I was hoping to be able to do the "touring" on Saturday, but with lap belts only it doesn't look like that's happening.

If everything else on my car is up to snuff, can I autocross on Sunday?
Thanks

Yes, you can autocross on Sunday. Absolutely. I feel like crap for not making a road course plan for convertibles.

Yelcamino
06-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Wish me luck! I'm getting ready to walk out the door and head for Michigan - but this time, I'm driving the Chevelle!:6gears::headbang: