PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Performer Q-jet ????

67 455 Bird ragtop
03-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Anyone have any experience with the Edelbrock Performer Q-jets?? I have a friend who has a new factory refubed Edelbrock Q-jet he doesn't need and said I can have it. It's a model 9975 which is a refurbed version of the discontinued model 1910. It's still sealed just like it was at the factory. Been sitting in his attic for a few years. It's 850 cfm, elec choke, and vacuum secondaries. The specs make it seem like a pretty good street/strip carb for my combination. But I was looking for real life info on how well they really perform.

Shaker455
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
It's going have to be set up for your combo and if your fuel system is stock your going to run it dry at the track.

67 455 Bird ragtop
03-04-2010, 05:17 AM
It's going have to be set up for your combo and if your fuel system is stock your going to run it dry at the track.

I have a calibration kit to help tune it and am not running a stock fuel system. So that shouldn't be an issue. I was hoping to have Cliff go through it before I installed it but he slammed this time of year. But did make a few recommendations on some things to upgrade while it's still off the car.

Thanks for the feedback.