PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood 7140 on Moser

Teamwild
03-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Back to work on my '67 Camaro and I'm installing Wilwood 140-7140 brakes onto a 12 bolt Moser with Torino bearing ends and have hit a few snags.

First the Wilwood directions show the E-brake brackets coming out of the top but it seems they would line up better with the frame cable brackets if they were on the opposite side on the bottom. Which way is best?

Also the first axle bearing was a snug fit so I had to tap the axle in, the next was a bit looser and after installing the retainer I found the axle bearing would still move .030 or so in the housing. Is it usual to have to shim these setups to keep them from moving? It seems like the flange on the Wilwood retainer doesn't go in far enough to capture the bearing or the bore is too deep. Are shims/spacers in 3.15 available somewhere?

:confused:

wmhjr
03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I can only give you my experience. That's with a Wilwood 140-7140 being installed on a Moser 12 bolt w/Ford Torino big bearing flanges in a '66 GTO. Everything fit perfectly in my case. No tapping or shims required. Since the car is different, can't speak to the e-brake.

ProdigyCustoms
03-02-2010, 07:18 AM
That .030 will cause knock back in the pads on the solid mounted caliper. A call to your dealer would be in order here. That one may have to be looked at.