PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood brake dealers

DLinson
02-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm considering purchasing some new Wilwood rotors and hubs for ny Nova and if there is a vendor on our site that sells willwood, I'd go with them. I know I can purchase them through Summit but they've already have quite a bit of my cash.

Thanks,
Dennis

DaveO
02-27-2010, 09:11 AM
just scroll down to the advertisers & gp section.

I bought my setup from Frank at Prodigy Customs - they have awesome service and the best overall prices.

mild2wildpaint
02-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Ditto for Frank at Prodigy.

DriverzInc
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Dennis,

I can get the hubs and rotors ordered and sent out Monday morning. We are here, Saturday, until 2pm PST. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

ProdigyCustoms
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
As others have said, we made number 8 in Wilwood sales selling to the Pro Touring market. Check the rest first, then check us.

Nobody has our Prodigy Customs Total Car G Machine Brake Packages that include EVERYTHING you need.

Look around a bit.

JRouche
02-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Im just curious. With so many vendors here, and everywhere. Whats the advantage. Only speaking of cost. Customer support aside. Ive seen some manufactures dealer cost sheets. And the requirements of some manufactures is for the dealer to move (buy) a certain amount of product to qualify for better pricing. Some manufactures have several levels of dealer pricing.

My question to the dealers is do you pass on some of the reduced costs or take the cost savings for yourself to cover the expense of stocking components?

I see 10% off of retail is common. Some dealers dont do 10% but free shipping instead.

I know, its a guarded subject. No dealer wants to disclose his costs. But in todays world of transparent costs with so many products it would be nice to know where my money is being spent.

Customer support is worth money. Fast availability is worth money. Honesty is worth money. When a dealer says its in stock and is shipping on monday thats worth money. But if a dealer is drop shipping an order thats not much for value if he says he is shipping on monday. He is relying on the manufacture to ship. Stocked parts eats up alot of revenue. How many dealers are drop ship dealers and dont have one square foot of shelving. Just a computer and a dealer account. I dont mind paying for customer support. Oh, and I dont think you will get a guy on the phone from summit that will be able to help you with any wilwood brake issues.

I think a couple of pictures of the warehouse that the dealer owns would be a good marketing tool.

With so many dealers here how do you guys keep from stepping on each others toes? :)

Oh, and for the wilwood products. I can recommend where I bout mine. They werent drop shipped. The order included some custom brackets. But the price was ok, within the 10% margin. But they arent a sponsor here so Ill recommend one of the dealers that frequent this site. Any of them really. Although I have dealt with Frank and it was a positive experience. JR

Vegas69
02-27-2010, 11:53 PM
It's prett easy for me, buy them from somebody that backs thier product. Frank @ Prodigy has always taken great care of me. Prices are great and the support is priceless.

ProdigyCustoms
02-28-2010, 01:09 AM
We stock some common brake kits, but keep in mind stocking Wilwood takes some serious $$$$. With brake kits at a couple grand a set, you could stock $100K in Wilwood in a heartbeat and still not cover all popular applications. The other thing is shipping cost is pretty high also to send to us and send to you, so we drop ship a lot of the actual brake kits. If it is in stock at Wilwood it will leave from Wilwood a couple days after the order. It cost extra $$$$ from Wilwood to ship it same day, expediting fee.

We do stock quite a bit of support products including our Totsal Car kits items, pads, calipers, etc.

As for cost, add up our kit cost and all the extras and add up others, our kits include more options, more options that cost $$$ and are price less. Like for example polished or black masters are a $40 option, is standard in our kit. We also include safety wire and pliers no one has, but everyone needs. We have thought it through.

With us, on any given day, we either just did it or have it going on in our shop. We know everything about the systems. It is a rare occasion someone wants a brake kit in the Pro Touring arena that we have not installed ourselves in our high volume shop.

And let me tell you, being number 8 in sales is not bragging, it tells you we have LOTS of experiance with the product, WAY more then the Summit sales guy or other retailers that sell a couple sets of brakes a quarter.

And if you are having trouble installing your brakes, you can get me or Michael on the phone right now. My cell phone is my business line and I answer it my self 8AM to 8PM

As for cost, we have reached a level we get the very best price all the time and our kits are complete, resonable priced and super complete.

There are a few dealers that sell on price alone and will sell for less then us because they simply cannot compete with our service and hands on knowledge. Go to our website, look around the forums, look how many cars we do, and how many of those cars have the parts we sell. That HAS to have value. We DO NOT sell one product JUST because it has profit. If we won't use it, we won't sell it!

I will not enter price wars when someone is giving something away for no profit, I allow price shoppers that do not appreciate any of the things I mentioned above, to buy from whom ever is giving it away. I will help all my competitors sell for no profit. LOL!

DLinson
02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks Frank, I'll call you this week. I made my own custom front spindles and based them on a 11.75" X 1.25" rotor with Superlite IIA callipers. This was about 10 years ago when I planned on running the 15" wheels. The rotors are the lightweight Wilwood 8.6 lbs. rotors so they also don't have the braking capacity as the larger heavier 13" rotors.

I'm hoping to attend a few track events like the Face-off and maybe the event at Putnam Park. I'm not sure if the current brakes will cut it.

I'm definitely going to step up to a 13" x 1.25" rotors but I can't decide if I want to upgrate to the GN 6 piston calipers with the 6" mounting.

I had replaced my pads last year to a ceramic pad and they are horrible. They have a much lower coeficient of friction and my wife freaks out when she drives the Nova. Since she is asking met to "fix the brakes" I'm going to take advantage of it and upgrade to the larger rotors. She doesn't need to know I could just put the old pads back in.

Thanks

ProdigyCustoms
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Dennis, one of my favrite cars BTW.

I have various hub, rotors, calipers on the shelf

Call me tomorrow.

rickk
02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
summit or jegs
rick k:1st:

JRouche
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear from you. Sometimes a buyer cant see why he should purchase from one dealer over the other. I didnt need the info but I think some of the purchasers would like to know WHY. I get the why.

Sometimes dealers get a lil defensive when you ask them why should I buy from you instead of so and so. If they get defensive then thats a big flag for the purchaser. Its like why are you jumping down my throat because I asked a simple question. The question is where is my value. If a dealer cant answer that simple question without getting irate then he should not get your business.

But if they can give some examples of how their business runs and where the money that you spend there goes, they are open with you and prolly a dealer you should do business with. JR

We stock some common brake kits, but keep in mind stocking Wilwood takes some serious $$$$. With brake kits at a couple grand a set, you could stock $100K in Wilwood in a heartbeat and still not cover all popular applications. The other thing is shipping cost is pretty high also to send to us and send to you, so we drop ship a lot of the actual brake kits. If it is in stock at Wilwood it will leave from Wilwood a couple days after the order. It cost extra $$$$ from Wilwood to ship it same day, expediting fee.

We do stock quite a bit of support products including our Totsal Car kits items, pads, calipers, etc.

As for cost, add up our kit cost and all the extras and add up others, our kits include more options, more options that cost $$$ and are price less. Like for example polished or black masters are a $40 option, is standard in our kit. We also include safety wire and pliers no one has, but everyone needs. We have thought it through.

With us, on any given day, we either just did it or have it going on in our shop. We know everything about the systems. It is a rare occasion someone wants a brake kit in the Pro Touring arena that we have not installed ourselves in our high volume shop.

And let me tell you, being number 8 in sales is not bragging, it tells you we have LOTS of experiance with the product, WAY more then the Summit sales guy or other retailers that sell a couple sets of brakes a quarter.

And if you are having trouble installing your brakes, you can get me or Michael on the phone right now. My cell phone is my business line and I answer it my self 8AM to 8PM

As for cost, we have reached a level we get the very best price all the time and our kits are complete, resonable priced and super complete.

There are a few dealers that sell on price alone and will sell for less then us because they simply cannot compete with our service and hands on knowledge. Go to our website, look around the forums, look how many cars we do, and how many of those cars have the parts we sell. That HAS to have value. We DO NOT sell one product JUST because it has profit. If we won't use it, we won't sell it!

I will not enter price wars when someone is giving something away for no profit, I allow price shoppers that do not appreciate any of the things I mentioned above, to buy from whom ever is giving it away. I will help all my competitors sell for no profit. LOL!

ScottT
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Frank can you pm me a price on wilwood Super lite 6 piston front and 4 piston rear, w/ 13 inch front rotors, and 12.19 inch rotors, with prop valve, rotors slotted on camaro. Want to see how it compares to what i paid and if Im going to be depressed. Plus I have another project coming up

ProdigyCustoms
03-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Scott, that Prodigy Customs Total Car G Machine Kit including front and rear brakes, in your case 13" (6) piston front, 12.19 (4) piston rear with internal E Brake, (NOTE, we only sell this kit drilled and slotted (free upgrade), Polished Wilwood Tandem Master Cylinder, Wilwood Prop Valve, Wilwood E Brake Cable kit, Wilwood Braided hoses, Exclusive Prodigy braided Rear body to Differential Hose, Wilwood DOT 4 Fuild, Safety Wire and Safety Wire pliers for proper brake rotor assembly, All hardware, $2700

DLinson
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks Frank a Prodigy Customs for helping me with my Wilwood parts.
My build is all custom so no kits will work. I have some old 4-piston Wilwood calipers I purchased about 10 years ago. I wanted to go to a 1.38” wide 13” diameter rotor with a hat with a 2.12” offset. He talked to Wilwood to make sure that old calipers were compatible. The hat that I specified was also discontinued. They calipers weren’t compatible so he suggested a few other options and to look at some current kits and find a rotor had that would work.
I searched through the kits, found some common rotors and hat that would fit with minimal change to the design of my caliper mounting brackets, (changed the offset by .025”). It also cut the price of the new rotors by about $300.
Thanks again Frank. Now I just have to get to machining the brackets.
Dennis

old66tiger
03-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Kudos to Frank for my setup as well. It was not a canned deal like some have. I have a 66 GTO that we started out with the standard G-machine deal. When assembling the rear brakes, i found out that the Wilwood Pontiac brake setup will not fit a standard GTO rear end. Funny, huh??? Apparently a 58-64 Pontiac axle is more common than my 66 GTO axle ;-P How many BOP 10 bolt axles did they make? A zillion???

Anyway, Frank got squared away with a custom made backing plate, retainer and offset spacer to make it right. It turned out awesome. Thanks again to the "man".