PDA

View Full Version : Classic Performance??

Capown
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Im looking at there basic or basic w/2" drop spindles Disc brake conversion kit. What are your thoughts about this company and there product?

Will be going on a 67 Lemans

armourmark
02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I used the base kit on a 65 chevelle. I had a faulty pb booster and they replaced it with no hassle. I just bought another kit for a 67 camaro. It is a good value for an entry level disc brake kit.

JustinB
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
We are a dealer for CPP, so if you would like more info and better pricing feel free to give me a call.

Weezy F
03-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Ive had problems with CPP and SSBC brakes in the past. Brackets that don't fit, leaky calipers, bad boosters... Id stay away from CPP and SSBC, especially if your planning tracking this car. Both companies have basically the same kits and they just seem to cut corners when it comes to quality. Im sure some people have CPP brakes and love them but im just giving you my opinion from my experiences. I would look into corvette brakes as a cheap alternative to baer and wilwood. Tobin at Kore3.com has great deals on them.

Capown
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I would look into corvette brakes as a cheap alternative to baer and wilwood. Tobin at Kore3.com has great deals on them.

so do u buy a kit or do a Corvette swap? I was hoping I could find a cheap way to do this swap from a salvage yard or something... Im not gonna track this car any time soon I just want it to be more on the safe side for a DD..

cheapthrillz
03-03-2010, 05:43 AM
What wheels do you have on the car now? If you have 17's I would say go junkyard digging for C5 stuff and buy the brackets from Kore3..... would make for a very affordable disk setup and also perform well. All of this is assuming that you have wheels that will clear the C5 brakes....