PDA

View Full Version : Which Throttle Rod to use?

Josh69
08-26-2004, 09:18 AM
I have a 350 SBC in a '69 Camaro. Recently took of my tunnel ram. I am adding an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap manifold with an Edelbrock 750 Performer carb. What throttle rod have you guys used, or been using that will work with this tall manifold and carb setup?

I bought the universal rod from Rick's First gen, but it appears that it'll be way too long at 14.5".

Is there anyone out there using a stock rod from the Z/28 or 350 4V that will work? Or is there a place I can shop for one?

Anyone know the correct length I will need? I don't have one at all, only had the dual 4V linkage from my tunnel ram, and sold that package.

Thanks!
Josh

jcs
08-27-2004, 04:48 AM
I ran in to the same thing, I used the same rod from Rick's and just ran a 1/4" die down the rod a few inches, and then cut it to length.

Josh69
08-27-2004, 05:55 AM
Good plan!

I'm either going to do that, or use a heim joint on the threaded end, then cut the other end and thread it for another heim joint once I determine the correct length I need. Since this rod is already chrom and partially threaded, it should work well.

Thanks!
Josh