PDA

View Full Version : Put the block together last weekend..

Jagarang
08-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Took down the motor to replace the stock cast rods and its a good thing we did. The machinist said that the motor wouldn't have stayed together for more than an hour!!! The prior shop put a crank in that had been welded, the wirst pins had allmost no clearance, and the oil gallies were full of shavings, the bores had a taper machined into them, the list goes on! I now have a new Eagle crank, Scat H-beam rods, and a truely balanced assembly. Thats a load off my mind!Thanks again to Frank at Prodigy Customs for saving me from the hell that was my prior shop. Seems like they were doing it all half assed at twin assed prices! Hmmmm...twin asses..I'm not sure that would be a bad thing...anyway...here are some pics of the bottom end going together, along with a sprinkling of other goodies....

84gp
08-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Twin-assed! LMAO :lol:

84gp
08-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Brings the Olson twins to mind! :pat:

Randy

Jagarang
08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
If the MODS would like to move this thread to the "Project Updates" forum, I didn't know it exhisted when I posted this here! :screwy:

Jagarang
08-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks "Big Brothers"...

***i'm feeling paranoid and watched over***hehe

Ralph LoGrasso
08-26-2004, 05:15 PM
No problem :).

Drewhelm
08-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Jag,

Thanks for the kind words in my post. I have to say my car pails in comparison to yours. That is one bad a$$ 69. Love the color, too. It's very close to what I plan to use for the TOP of my car.

cjhutch
08-28-2004, 02:41 AM
Jag, who are you going to get your round ports from. I would recommend Doug's because the fit of my d-ports is amazing.

Jagarang
08-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Drew...
So your going with a two tone paint scheme?..what are you using as the secondary color?

Corey..
Heddman just released a set of found port headers specifically for a 455 in a 69 chassis. I bought them, but haven't gotten to the fitment yet. They are nice units with nice thick flanges, and they are the round port which was the hardest to find.

cjhutch
08-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm just amazed at how much a set of round port headers cost, that's one of the reasons I decided to go with KRE heads. One more thing what do you think about the March system, do you know of anyone else that makes a serp. system for pontiacs.

Robert E. Stauffer Jr.
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Jagarang? You have any updated pics :) Been waiting patiently!

Bob

Drewhelm
08-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Yep, 2-tone. Dark blue top and pewter sides with a white transition stripe. Basically, where the car is now black will be a dark metallic/Candy blue and the greay will be Pewter.

Jagarang
08-31-2004, 04:34 AM
Hello Bob..
The latest updates regard rebuilding, what I thought was a high quality rebuild on my motor. The job was garbage and its a good thing we did! When Frank and I decided to dismantle, check clearances, and cleanliness we thought we wouldn't have much to fix, only to find that the motor wouldn't have lasted.."for more than an hour" according to the machinist. So after cleaning, blueprinting, balancing, a new crank, new con rods, etc etc etc, I am now fully aware of everything that is in the motor and all its clearances. I finally KNOW firsthand that its clean, straight, and reliable, which is a load of my mind. I have a few more pics I'm not sure anybody is interested in but I'll post them anyway...
The first picture is the motor as it sat ready to go into the car after being "REBUILT!", we tore it down and found the described problems!! :banghead: :barf: :pat: :crying: :sad4: :seizure: :hmm: :doh: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :eek:

The rest are the finishing touches on the build Fank and I did. Photos 5, 6, +8 are the clearances for the main caps. The rest are just PRETTY pistons and shiny baubles :icon996: :drive:

Drewhelm
08-31-2004, 01:38 PM
:headbang: