PDA

View Full Version : Ignition with Procharger

rsssconv
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
What would be the best set-up for a Procharged 383? I have the D1SC.
I was looking into the MSD 6AL-2 (6530) and the MSD 6 BTM (6462). Am I looking in the right direction? If so, which one would be the best, or the differences?
Next, I called MSD, told them the situation and they recommended the 8361 Pro-Billet distributor.

Any input would be great!

Mark

Supervette
04-02-2010, 06:39 AM
you know im looking around for the same thing. I have been running a pro billit distributor with a digital 6 Locked out timing. Now im looking at the 6al2 or the digital 7. something with a programmable curve since mine is mostly street driven. Locked out timing is like all or nothing and forgetting everything in between. I have a post in the power adder section inquiring as to what the power limitations are on a 6al2. MSD said it should be able to handle 700 to 850 hp which is a general range of the D1sc (crank power). Just make sure you get the right power coil. I went to the local race parts store and picked up a blaster 2 only to find out it is the low man on the totem pole for coils. the strongest streetable hvc coil you can run on the street which is five steps stronger than the one I have is part number 8253. The last thing you want to do is a buy a box and then figure out the one you really wanted was the other one. Im wondering what the power difference might be from a digital 7 to a digital 6 or 6al2 type box? Im not hi jacking your thread I feel it is in common interest.

Supervette
04-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I orderd the 6530 with map sensor to heck with it. I hear a lot of people using it and they love it.