PDA

View Full Version : EMS 67-69 Camaro Trunk Hinges

Mr. Hinge
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
We are now making trunk hinges for the 67-69 Camaro. Machined finish are $275 and polished finish are $300. More to come.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/6769camarotrunkhingeSmall-1.jpg

Thanks!

CRead01
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM
look awesome. Do you have any for 2nd gen camaro's?

Rod
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
very nice :1st:

Mr. Hinge
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
look awesome. Do you have any for 2nd gen camaro's?

Not yet. We still need to make 2nd gen hood hinges also. We need a car.

Steve1968LS2
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Let me know when you need a second gen and I will get one over there..

Good to see you supporting the site!

Steven Rupp

Mr. Hinge
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Let me know when you need a second gen and I will get one over there..

Good to see you supporting the site!

Steven Rupp

Thanks Steve,

mroth
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Very nice. That is the next thing on my wish list.

Mike

jy211
02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
any anodizing offered?

Mr. Hinge
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
any anodizing offered?

Yes. We offer clear or black anodizing or any one of our powdercoat colors for $325/pair.

Thanks!

Richio1
02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I likey

Northern Goat
02-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Hurry up with the 2 gen hood and trunk hinges. I have money burning a hole in my pocket. lol

Mr. Hinge
02-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Hurry up with the 2 gen hood and trunk hinges. I have money burning a hole in my pocket. lol

They are high up on the list, believe me...

daredvl22
02-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Any pics of the hinges on a car? Also, I assume the gas struts are for a steel deck lid. Do you offer a different strut for CF lid? Looks good by the way.

Mr. Hinge
02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Any pics of the hinges on a car? Also, I assume the gas struts are for a steel deck lid. Do you offer a different strut for CF lid? Looks good by the way.

No pics on the car. Yes, we have a softer spring for the CF. Also, today we will be putting together a prototype hood hinge for your '72 Nova.

Thanks!

johnny rockett
02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Pretty soon they will be comming from China....All you guys just copy each other..anybody with a CNC can make this stuff. I give credit to those who first engineer things such as the rear hinge. So you copy and drop the price? Next some guy will go to China with all of these parts and drop the parts in half...then what have we accomplished?

1badchevelle
02-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Pretty soon they will be comming from China....All you guys just copy each other..anybody with a CNC can make this stuff. I give credit to those who first engineer things such as the rear hinge. So you copy and drop the price? Next some guy will go to China with all of these parts and drop the parts in half...then what have we accomplished?

I agree, but you get what you pay for. Also as long as their is a guy trying to save a buck their will always be a market for lower quality product.

cheaper price is usually reflected in the quality.

Mr hinge just to make it clear I am not bashing you but I can see these going to china very soon as posted above.:barf:

dropit69
02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
i have a second gen but wrong side of country but will take a black set for a second gen when you get em made..

Irnmike
02-21-2010, 10:08 AM
These won't go to china because
1. this is a great price for the product.
2. the market for them isn't big enough.

I have my own machine shop and I bought my billet hood hinges. Not that I can't make them myself. I just can't make them for what they're selling them for.

SDS MACHINING
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
..anybody with a CNC can make this stuff.

One detail some people overlook is that you dont simply put in material and push a button, "set it and forget it" theory.. Thats the Ronco showtime rotisseriy.

zbugger
02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Guys, just remember. You're watching competition here. Be glad you're even getting the parts.

If I was closer, you could use mine. I can't wait to see your parts. Umm... For the car. Damn, that almost sounded dirty.

MarkM66
02-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree, but you get what you pay for. Also as long as their is a guy trying to save a buck their will always be a market for lower quality product.

cheaper price is usually reflected in the quality.

Mr hinge just to make it clear I am not bashing you but I can see these going to china very soon as posted above.:barf:

Unless you've seen their products, how do you know of they're inferior? Maybe the other guys have just been making a little to much on them...

Nine Ball
02-22-2010, 07:18 AM
LOL about people complaining about a lower pricetag? Especially if quality is the same (or better). That is the spirit of competition, doing something better, faster, or cheaper.

trapin
02-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Competition is NEVER a bad thing.

ZZ427
03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Just got my HOOD Hinge and waiting for the Trunk Hinge,
these are "Top Notch Product " at great price = )

1badchevelle
03-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Unless you've seen their products, how do you know of they're inferior? Maybe the other guys have just been making a little to much on them...

Again it was not said against the OP, hell I was going to get a set for my velle until they raised their price. I have then spent the $$$ and will have to wait.

redfire69
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
3 different designs on the market at 3 different prices. Seems like we all win.

johnny rockett
03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
All it will take is for a chineese manufacturer to lump all these parts into one company and cut the price in half.....for the guys who cannot afford them, they will be all over this.

Its hard to make something like that inferior?

10 cents an hour can really bring down the price and bring out more sales..not saying it will happen, but give credit to the guys who spent the time engineering this stuff..........not to the copy cats

zbugger
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM

All it will take is for a chineese manufacturer to lump all these parts into one company and cut the price in half.....for the guys who cannot afford them, they will be all over this.

Its hard to make something like that inferior?

10 cents an hour can really bring down the price and bring out more sales..not saying it will happen, but give credit to the guys who spent the time engineering this stuff..........not to the copy cats

Really? I swear you could find anything to complain about right now. Do us a favor and stop right now. Do you know how they developed these parts? I doubt it. So quit complaining.

MrQuick
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
If it comes from China, don't buy it. You'll be hard pressed to find anything not made there.

let the capitalist machine work.

So the guy can do it cheaper. So be it. Manufacturer loyalties are a personal action.
Vince

ZZ427
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
JRockett ? ? ? what is with you and "China" . . . Mr Hinge says they have In-House Machining (USA) . Do you need a hug ? = (

Danny Thomas
04-06-2010, 08:52 PM
JRockett ? ? ? what is with you and "China" . . . Mr Hinge says they have In-House Machining (USA) . Do you need a hug ? = (
Now thats funny...hugs for the whole thread

PRRC
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Well I can say that the EMS parts I've seen have a beautiful finish and there has been no quality problems with any of them we have sold. So "why pay more"? Anyone looking for a good deal on their products, call us or order direct from our website.

ill steez
04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
price is great! i may order myself a set soon. hopefully someone comes up with a less expensive hood hinge as well!

2Bad4Ya
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Don't be hatin on China, it may crash the USA economy faster.

China surpassed Japan last year as the largest foreign holder of Treasury bonds. Any indication that it intends to cease those purchases -- or, worse, stage a sell-off -- could drive up the cost of borrowing for the U.S. government, as well as send mortgage rates higher for millions of Americans.

So until the USA decides to stop being a debtor nation get used to everything being made in China or headed there.

MuscleRodz
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
price is great! i may order myself a set soon. hopefully someone comes up with a less expensive hood hinge as well!they have, $475 for a natural finish set for first gen camaro

mikey
04-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey I agree with some of the china comments. So before you bash me think about it this way. While Ring Fesler and edde will most likely continue to make their parts here. Some scumbag will get a set and try to find some company to copy them. Using the chinese r&d (receive & duplicate) system and be out selling to the people at swapmeets that aren't aware or could care less where they come from. I see it all the time with Edelbrock copies they look so real at first glance that the fringe car guy won't catch it. It's sad that people have to stoop that low to make a buck. I myself will pay the higher $$ for the real stuff.