PDA

View Full Version : anybody make adapters for slip on rotors for GM A bodys?

PT Sportwagon
02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I am wanting to use slip on rotors on my 71 Sportwagon. Does anyone know if any oem or aftermarket adapters are available.

Thanks

Tim

shep
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Tobin at kore3 has billet hubs available I think. Or you can turn down the originals

PT Sportwagon
02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Will the hub off the corvette work on the A body spindle.

Tim

astroracer
02-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Will the hub off the corvette work on the A body spindle.

Tim

No, not even close. The Corvette hub bolts to the spindle. Your A body is all one piece. There are brackets out there to adapt a C5 Caliper to your spindle and you can turn down your brake rotors to make a hat that will carry the slip on 'vette rotors.
Mark

L & H Kustoms
02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I manufacture billet hubs which have the same track width of the drum hub.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/billethubs-1.jpg
They come with bearings, seals races installed and ARP screw in studs and billet grease caps and anodized black for $325
We also carry billet caliper brackets to adapt C5/C6 brakes to your A body spindle $125
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/12/IMG_1014-1.jpg

PT Sportwagon
02-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Or you can turn down the originals

basically cut off the brake potion of the rotor( I have factory discs) or???

L & H Kustoms
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
basically cut off the brake potion of the rotor( I have factory discs) or???

He is referring to turning down the OD of a drum brake hub to less than 6" od to fit inside the C5 rotor so the inner face of the rotor sits flush on the hub mating surface. You can use a oem drum hub or you can use our Pro Billet™ hubs. than you will need the caliper bracket. and you will be set. if you order the hub and brackets as a package it is $425 seperately its $450.

alowerlevel
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10075

shep
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
He is referring to turning down the OD of a drum brake hub to less than 6" od to fit inside the C5 rotor so the inner face of the rotor sits flush on the hub mating surface. You can use a oem drum hub or you can use our Pro Billet™ hubs. than you will need the caliper bracket. and you will be set. if you order the hub and brackets as a package it is $425 seperately its $450.

That is what I was referring to, but you can cut the braking part off the rotor and achieve the same thing. Longer studs will be required.

DAVE68
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm upgrading from front drums to LS1 disc and i just purchased my s/s hoses from Kore3. The hoses screw into to the original hard brake line and have the correct banjo bolt for the c5 calibers. I machined my OD of my drum hubs, install longer studs and i had to machine the upper mounting boss on the spindle, but other than that this is a easy upgrade. I also had to replace my drum/drum master cyl and install a adjustable prop valve.