PDA

View Full Version : Run to the Coast (West RTTHs) Registration

Bill Howell
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
OK guys, this has been a tough week to pull all this together so quickly but time was not on our side. I have set up a new website that will serve not only as a registration spot for all events I put on, but will also cover the other ones that I attend with pictures, and talk about those events.
Please click here www.octaneforyourbrain.com (http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com) to register for the 1st annual El Toro event. The cost is $150. It will be April 2-4, 2010, so as you can see, the sooner you register the better. I am limiting the number of registrations to 65 cars, so please, if you want in, please register now. You will have a spot as you go thru the registration where you need to select which day (Friday or Saturday) that you want to run at El Toro. The first 30 that register on Friday will be locked in and the first 35 that register on Saturday will be locked in. Others will be moved to the opposite day, so register asap so you are guarenteed your choice of days. Spectators, volunteers and participates are welcomed both days, see you there.
We will also have a Vendor and Media Class running on Friday. Everyone will be invited for both days, but we can only get about 40 or so per day thru and be sure everyone gets to run. I will have a set of rules up soon. Also, we are trying to fill up the field with pre 80 cars first. Any one with a newer car will be allowed but if your car is newer than that, it will not be in the running for King of the Coast.
Besides the two days at El Toro, we will have a cruise on Sunday morning. Those details are now being finalized but look for a great time on Sunday also.
One other thing in this post before it gets too long.
Optima has stepped up and offered an invite for the winner to the prestigous Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge after SEMA this year, so you have one more reason to sign up soon. Having been invited to this last year, I can tell you what a thrill it was to be there and run with some of the best cars in the industry.
The prefered payment method on the registration site is Paypal, however, if you have another way you rather pay, just comment in the right section and we will do whatever. However, until your payment is in my hand, you are not confirmed as a participant. I hate to do that but it is the only way I can be fair to everyone concerned.

Thanks for wading thru this long post, Yancy, Danny and myself look forward to being your hosts and bringing a little Southern Hospitality to LA.

KrisHorton
02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
A little birdie told me about this event. I'm definitely interested in attending, if only for the cruise. The sign up page says March 4/5 but your post says April btw. :)

Steve1968LS2
02-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Paid for the car on Saturday..

I get to have fun and work. What's not to love.

And both Nick and I are in for the media challenge on Friday. Nick will be rocking his new 2001 Z28. I assume for Media it's a "run what ya brung" deal since quite a few of the editors have newer stuff.

Now to go look at more maps. :)

MrQuick
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Billy,

how much to spectate?

vince

Bill Howell
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Free Vince, but I may put a flag in your hand.....haha

larknut
02-12-2010, 09:03 PM
I love the idea. I would like to be there but only as a spectator.

DFRESH
02-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Bill, will you be posting who's going and on what days? Perhaps I missed that part of it. (I am in for Sat and have reg'd)

A couple of other questions---will truck and trailers be given space to park with EZ ups, etc?

Doug

MrQuick
02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Free Vince, but I may put a flag in your hand.....haha
whoa I thought you typed something else for a second there, sure FLAG, CONE...I go both ways.

LOL
vince

note to all Bay Area folks, pay for gas and I could be talked into towing your pro tourer down to the event. Just sayin...LOL

tazzz25906112
02-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Didn't I hear a quote from an old wise man that went something like this "Trailer are for boats" ROFLMAO.......

DFRESH
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I think that's right, just up until the control arm fell off---LOL.

We will have quite a few out of towners for this one---will def need some space for those traveling long distances with spouses, friends, ez ups, etc.

Danny Thomas
02-13-2010, 03:49 PM
There is enought room for those that need to bring a trailer..If you can drive to event..do soon as that we can hype that fact. No trailer queens here but we do understand some have too...

Danny Thomas
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Bill, will you be posting who's going and on what days? Perhaps I missed that part of it. (I am in for Sat and have reg'd)

A couple of other questions---will truck and trailers be given space to park with EZ ups, etc?

Doug

I will see if we can get names posted as soon as we get payments

Danny Thomas
02-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Host hotel to be LaQuinta at Irvine Spectrum..right near event. Phone number is 949-551-0909..mention-Run to the Coast for special pricing. the rate is $59 but hope to get lower once manager reviews.

MrQuick
02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I understand the whole trailer fairy comments but you try driving 500 miles with 6 people, 2 coolers, 4 spare tires, 2 gallons of race fuel, 2 ton floor jack, 4 jack stands, a 6x14" loaded tool box, 2 lbs of beef jerky, a gallon of water, 2 folding chairs, a Hibatchi, bag of charcoal, this lamp, an old shoe and a lap top with charger cord in a pro-touring car 4 inches of ground clearence and 18 in rims.

Been there done that....I'll be loading my trailer thank you very much.
See you guys there...
Vince

Danny Thomas
02-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Billy,

how much to spectate?

vince

No cost to spectate and could use volunteers to help with event.

Steve1968LS2
02-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I understand the whole trailer fairy comments but you try driving 500 miles with 6 people, 2 coolers, 4 spare tires, 2 gallons of race fuel, 2 ton floor jack, 4 jack stands, a 6x14" loaded tool box, 2 lbs of beef jerky, a gallon of water, 2 folding chairs, a Hibatchi, bag of charcoal, this lamp, an old shoe and a lap top with charger cord in a pro-touring car 4 inches of ground clearence and 18 in rims.

See you guys there...
Vince

It's mostly just kidding.. no shame in a trailer if you beat on the car.

Hell, they gave me a hard time because Penny was shipped to Tennessee.. lol.. like I have the time to make THAT drive. :)

tazzz25906112
02-13-2010, 09:00 PM
It's mostly just kidding.. no shame in a trailer if you beat on the car.

Hell, they gave me a hard time because Penny was shipped to Tennessee.. lol.. like I have the time to make THAT drive. :)

No worries Steve I'll feather the peddle in Penny accross America this year for you if time prevents you from driving buddy LOL......

DFRESH
02-13-2010, 09:44 PM

See you guys there...
Vince

LOL--great description. Make sure you pit next to Al.

DFRESH
02-13-2010, 09:47 PM
There is enought room for those that need to bring a trailer..If you can drive to event..do soon as that we can hype that fact. No trailer queens here but we do understand some have too...

Danny, no problem--I'll be driving the car to the event--I know 3 guys coming from different states thus far--who wanted to make sure if they did trailer that there would be room to park them. Thanks for the response.

Doug

Roadbuster
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Just paid for mine for Saturday. Looking forward to it!

I may come as a spectator on Friday.

Jon

WILWAXU
02-14-2010, 02:45 AM
Wow.. by some strange luck, I'll be in the LA area that weekend. Keep me in the loop as a spectator.

Steve1968LS2
02-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Danny, no problem--I'll be driving the car to the event--I know 3 guys coming from different states thus far--who wanted to make sure if they did trailer that there would be room to park them. Thanks for the response.

Doug

The host hotel is trailer friendly.. just ask the Pozzis..

But if we run out of room people may be able to drop trailers at El Toro.. Bill and Yancy would have to ask.

Steve1968LS2
02-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Wow.. by some strange luck, I'll be in the LA area that weekend. Keep me in the loop as a spectator.

Good deal.. and my car works better with passengers. lol

James OLC
02-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Signed up for Friday!

zbugger
02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm bringing my helmet. I really can't wait for this.

DFRESH
02-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Just paid for mine for Saturday. Looking forward to it!

I may come as a spectator on Friday.

Jon

Jon, that is awesome---we will be running same day---very cool. My place is close by, so if you or the other guys have problems with their cars and need tools, a garage, etc it's available.

Doug

WILWAXU
02-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Good deal.. and my car works better with passengers. lol
I'll have to take you up on that offer!:1st:

rrunner68
02-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered for Sat...also my B-Day....Can't wait!!!!!

rsk68
02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Ordered my helmet today!

MrQuick
02-14-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll have to take you up on that offer!:1st: oh Im sure Steve will have a velvet rope line and a "you have to be this tall to ride" sign at the end. :twothumbs

vince

Roadbuster
02-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Jon, that is awesome---we will be running same day---very cool. My place is close by, so if you or the other guys have problems with their cars and need tools, a garage, etc it's available.

Doug

Hey Doug!
Looking forward to seeing your car run! Thanks for the offer of the garage, I hope I don't have to take you up on it! Plan is to drive my car there and back!
Jon

tazzz25906112
02-14-2010, 06:37 PM
That's way cool Roadbuster,,,, thanks for offering that to the participants....

Danny Thomas
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Thank all those in Ca. for your hospitality ahead of time and any input..us hillbillies and crazy canadians are in foreign territory. We refuse to believe it is the land of the fruits and nuts. If it wasn't for all the stupid laws and politics ..I would move there.. again thanks for any help in making this the first of many successful events on the west coast.

WILWAXU
02-14-2010, 07:46 PM
oh Im sure Steve will have a velvet rope line and a "you have to be this tall to ride" sign at the end. :twothumbs

vince
Probably more likely have a scale :D

Roadbuster
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
That's way cool Roadbuster,,,, thanks for offering that to the participants....

Albert,
I think you meant DFRESH. He is the cool one who offered the garage! :cool:

Jon

796spdbu
02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Is there an airport close by that I could catch a flight into and rent a car for the weekend... Im not sure my car will be ready to go. Unless someone has an open seat that is coming from around the Ohio area and wants a co-pilot. Im willing to pay for my share..

Bill Howell
02-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes Sir,
John Wayne Airport is about 12 miles away. SNA
and they have rental companies there.
Come on out, it will be a blast!

796spdbu
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you Bill,
I wasnt sure what was close. I missed the first event in Tenn. I have always wanted to go to California. I will be looking to book my flight tonight. Maybe I can run the rental??? wonder what I could get????

rrunner68
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Thank you Bill,
I wasnt sure what was close. I missed the first event in Tenn. I have always wanted to go to California. I will be looking to book my flight tonight. Maybe I can run the rental??? wonder what I could get????

Hertz rent a racer.

79-TA
02-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Check out the Hertz "fun collection." I think Avis rents some interesting stuff too.

zbugger
02-15-2010, 10:27 PM
I think Avis rents Camaros..... At least in Vegas they had a bunch.

jfaria78
02-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Regestered for Saturday. Maybe RoadBuster and I can follow each other up there!

James

Chucks73
02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
My Car is not in the same class as those running the autocross. So I would like to volunteer for Friday and Saturday as a worker. Is there a cost for the cruise on Sunday????

796spdbu
02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys. I scored a round trip ticket for $230.00 I did look into rental cars last night,I have to call today as I didnt see any camaros. All I found was a convertable mustang..maybe that be good for some Filming while riding down the road.LOL It could be had for like $50 a day. The crash protection was 11.97 extra each day.That maybe a good idea...

chevyhector
02-16-2010, 09:57 AM
OK guys, this has been a tough week to pull all this together so quickly but time was not on our side. I have set up a new website that will serve not only as a registration spot for all events I put on, but will also cover the other ones that I attend with pictures, and talk about those events.
Please click here www.octaneforyourbrain.com (http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com) to register for the 1st annual El Toro event. The cost is $150. It will be April 2-4, 2010, so as you can see, the sooner you register the better. I am limiting the number of registrations to 65 cars, so please, if you want in, please register now. You will have a spot as you go thru the registration where you need to select which day (Friday or Saturday) that you want to run at El Toro. The first 30 that register on Friday will be locked in and the first 35 that register on Saturday will be locked in. Others will be moved to the opposite day, so register asap so you are guarenteed your choice of days. Spectators, volunteers and participates are welcomed both days, see you there.
We will also have a Vendor and Media Class running on Friday. Everyone will be invited for both days, but we can only get about 40 or so per day thru and be sure everyone gets to run. I will have a set of rules up soon. Also, we are trying to fill up the field with pre 80 cars first. Any one with a newer car will be allowed but if your car is newer than that, it will not be in the running for King of the Coast.
Besides the two days at El Toro, we will have a cruise on Sunday morning. Those details are now being finalized but look for a great time on Sunday also.
One other thing in this post before it gets too long.
Optima has stepped up and offered an invite for the winner to the prestigous Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge after SEMA this year, so you have one more reason to sign up soon. Having been invited to this last year, I can tell you what a thrill it was to be there and run with some of the best cars in the industry.
The prefered payment method on the registration site is Paypal, however, if you have another way you rather pay, just comment in the right section and we will do whatever. However, until your payment is in my hand, you are not confirmed as a participant. I hate to do that but it is the only way I can be fair to everyone concerned.

Thanks for wading thru this long post, Yancy, Danny and myself look forward to being your hosts and bringing a little Southern Hospitality to LA.

Keep me posted, i would like to volunteers in anyway I can. I might bring my son, how old do you have to be to volunteer?

jfaria78
02-16-2010, 10:40 AM
My Car is not in the same class as those running the autocross. So I would like to volunteer for Friday and Saturday as a worker. Is there a cost for the cruise on Sunday????

I am not the only one that feels this way and I am sure there are more than a few if not all of the moderators and supporters of the site would agree.
It is not if your car is up to par with the other cars, it is about having fun. I for one would not want to see less cars there becuase they feel there own car is not as cool or runs as hard as the top cars out there. If you have fun that is all the matters. There are always going to be the Jay Leno's and others with awesome cars, but just becuase you spend a million on a car does not make you a better driver than the dude that spent 10 grand on his. So I say pay the $150, go out and have a blast. You will be thinking the same thing half way through the day when you are out there watching.

My car has rust, dents, scratchs, chips, and all kinds of cosmetic crap that a show car guy would wonder why I even drive it. At least I can say I have fun with my car and I beat the crap out of it when I can. I didn't spend all this money to have it sit in the garage and rot away.

James

Chucks73
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I am not the only one that feels this way and I am sure there are more than a few if not all of the moderators and supporters of the site would agree.
It is not if your car is up to par with the other cars, it is about having fun. I for one would not want to see less cars there becuase they feel there own car is not as cool or runs as hard as the top cars out there. If you have fun that is all the matters. There are always going to be the Jay Leno's and others with awesome cars, but just becuase you spend a million on a car does not make you a better driver than the dude that spent 10 grand on his. So I say pay the $150, go out and have a blast. You will be thinking the same thing half way through the day when you are out there watching.

My car has rust, dents, scratchs, chips, and all kinds of cosmetic crap that a show car guy would wonder why I even drive it. At least I can say I have fun with my car and I beat the crap out of it when I can. I didn't spend all this money to have it sit in the garage and rot away.

James

Let me clarify this statement a little. "
My Car is not in the same class as those running the autocross."

Since this show has a limited number of cars that can attend. I would not want to take a spot away from a car that would be more completive and have a chance of competing for a spot at the Optima show in Nov.
And being a Volunteer is sometimes more fun then it seems.

796spdbu
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Im going to try and get a mustang or a camaro from the local rent-a-heep and beat on it. I my not be the best or the coolest but Im sure I could make some one laugh...Im looking to have a good time and check out some cool cars.

CarlC
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I am in for Saturday. I may be able to come help out on Friday but won't know until Thursday of that week.

79-TA
02-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Since this show has a limited number of cars that can attend. I would not want to take a spot away from a car that would be more completive and have a chance of competing for a spot at the Optima show in Nov.

Maybe you should run your C5 and just see what happens.

Chucks73
02-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Maybe you should run your C5 and just see what happens.

I have had the C5 out on that 2.2mi track and it was a blast. Not really racing full out but still speeding around.

-The Stig-
02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
How come the website has no info on what we'll be doing? Too many coming soons. :(

And we compete only one day? Not both? Whats the format for the weekend.

I'm signed up for Saturday and the Cruise.

Bill Howell
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Chuck, you and anyone else is certainly welcomed to come help, I will need plenty of help. However, you should run you car and have fun at the event. From what I saw of your camaro, you will be fine and in good company. You don't have to be a 100K car to have fun or be competitive and once you get on the track you are a rock star anyway. I would love to see your car on the track. Plus it helps you know where your car/you need help.

The website was thrown together so we would have a quick registation. It will probably not get pictures until after the event. It will have rules etc. posted as soon as I can get them finished.
As for activities, we will have a road course, autocross and Speed/Stop Challenge for the $150 entry fee.

The cruise is open to anyone that wants to come, I just need to know about how many will be attending as time gets close.

-The Stig-
02-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll bring the G8 BodyRoll Monster.

bkbridges
02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Can you email me with manufacturer's "midway" information? Its close to the GoodGuys Delmar show, but It sure sounds like fun!
Bruce Bridges
[email protected]
www.fbthrottlebodies.com (http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com)
Jensen Int III
72 Barracuda

tazzz25906112
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
bkbridges,,,, is that an old Chrysler powered Jensen in your avatar???? if so I haven't seen one in years, very cool.

Danny Thomas
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Don't miss out on a wonderful weekend because you feel you are not competitive enough. Just by entering you automatically are entered into a chance to win a set of forgeline wheels. This is a door prize and only those entered can win--no vendor / sponsors eligible so some hard working individual will get $4000 worth of wheels. Plus this is a time for car nuts to gather and just have fun..

bkbridges
02-16-2010, 07:55 PM
bkbridges,,,, is that an old Chrysler powered Jensen in your avatar???? if so I haven't seen one in years, very cool.
My daily driver! They are/were such a good deal! Ive got an FF version to restore (full time 4wd) that Id love to autocross... But it has no oil pressure at the moment (383). They are heavy (4300 lbs), and I havnt seen any cones in a Jensen yet (but Ive done a few good courses in my Dakota R/T, about the same weight...) so Im pretty ready.
Bruce

bkbridges
02-16-2010, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE= so Im pretty ready.
Bruce[/QUOTE]
To knock a bunch of cones over...
Bruce

DFRESH
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
There's going to be some pretty bad A cars out there at this event---Todd Akes is bringing Payback out
-Rupp will be there with Penny
-Brett in Velocity
-James in Onelap
Wondering about Ron DeRad and Larry---have they chimed in here yet?

Anyways, I can't compete with these types of outstanding top of the field cars yet---this will be my first official event--geez, I hope the King and Queen (Dave and Mary) will make their appearances as well---however, if this isn't fun, it's not worth doing--and what I hear Bill, Danny and Al stressing is that this event is a good time event with great people, vendors, and like Todd said, "A chance to run with my own kind" referring to muscle type cars. I've entered with a nearly stock motor in my ride, but it's going to be a blast--how could it not be? Don't make the mistake of not entering because of the 200k cars that will show up---they make it that much better. I mean really, how many chances do we all get to do this stuff? (Steve Rupp excluded here :worship:). This gives me something to look forward to over the next month and it is a great opportunity to meet more of my fellow PT enthusiasts. I hope any of you guys on the fence decide to bring your cars out---I don't believe you will regret it.

Doug

chevyhector
02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Chuck, you and anyone else is certainly welcomed to come help, I will need plenty of help. However, you should run you car and have fun at the event. From what I saw of your camaro, you will be fine and in good company. You don't have to be a 100K car to have fun or be competitive and once you get on the track you are a rock star anyway. I would love to see your car on the track. Plus it helps you know where your car/you need help.

The website was thrown together so we would have a quick registation. It will probably not get pictures until after the event. It will have rules etc. posted as soon as I can get them finished.
As for activities, we will have a road course, autocross and Speed/Stop Challenge for the $150 entry fee.

The cruise is open to anyone that wants to come, I just need to know about how many will be attending as time gets close.

I will bring about 3 other people with me. See you there.

rrunner68
02-18-2010, 06:52 AM
My Father has been shooting motor sports photography for the last couple of decades and has said he'd come down to shoot if we want him. His rates are very good, charges by the photo, and he prints on site, so you see the picture before you purchase and he can have you an 8x10 glossy before dinner.

http://www.dandwimages.com/
is his site. I can contact him or our event host can, I'm easy either way. My father is James.

CRCRFT78
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm down to volunteer some help if needed. Or I can just be a spectator and bum a few rides around the track if possible.

DFRESH
02-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Bill, Yancy---organizers---will you be putting up a list of the names of those who have registered and on what day they are running? I have my paypal confirmation, just want to make sure that you also got it. Thanks again for putting this together---because of you, my wallet is screaming in agony again----

Doug

406 Q-ship
02-21-2010, 02:38 PM
The Chevelle is signed up for Saturday. I have order a set of TRS Corbeau for it, will build my own brackets using sliders from Summit. I may even put in an order for Track 4's from Baer. Now to find the time to do all this.......

69camarokid
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
DANG IT!!!!!!!!!
i live in anahiem, less than a half hour from where this is going on and i dont have the money to participate! dang, ive always wanted to try out the 69 on an autocross course. Well, ill be sure to come down and spectate!

i may or may not do an improptue autocross attack run out of no where and then drive off..... no promises. lol

Roadbuster
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Regestered for Saturday. Maybe RoadBuster and I can follow each other up there!

James

Cool by me. Probably will be trying to keep up with you! :)

Jon

79-TA
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
DANG IT!!!!!!!!!
i live in anahiem, less than a half hour from where this is going on and i dont have the money to participate! dang, ive always wanted to try out the 69 on an autocross course. Well, ill be sure to come down and spectate!

i may or may not do an improptue autocross attack run out of no where and then drive off..... no promises. lol

Well, put off the posi purchase and have some fun with your car? If not, you'd better start budgeting so you can at least run the goodguys event in mid May (event fee plus membership fee.) See you at RTTC!

Bill Howell
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Guys, time is running out on this one. We have not had the response we had hoped for, SOOOOOO
we are changing this to a one day event, the cost is just too much without participation to hold it two days. This means we have about 15 spots left and then it is full so if you are planning on coming, now is the time to do it. We will be running all cars on Saturday the 3rd. IF this compromises your plans and you can not change from Friday to Saturday, I will be happy to refund your money.

Thanks guys, maybe next event we will have enough interest for a two day event.

JEFFTATE
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Dang , do I need to drive out to California ???

jfaria78
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Guys don't let the BAD PENNY INTIMIDATE YOU! It's only a car, just becuase you may not be able to keep up does not mean you won't have fun trying. Honestly I am thinking of taking my bone stock 68 Camaro just to show you all that I can have fun without all the pro-touring mumbo jumbo! This is the cheapest event I have seen and I can say truthfully I am excited to just hang out with a bunch of gear heads! I'm starting to think there are a lot more talkers than do'ers. PROVE ME WRONG!

:1st:

jfaria78
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Guys, time is running out on this one. We have not had the response we had hoped for, SOOOOOO
we are changing this to a one day event, the cost is just too much without participation to hold it two days. This means we have about 15 spots left and then it is full so if you are planning on coming, now is the time to do it. We will be running all cars on Saturday the 3rd. IF this compromises your plans and you can not change from Friday to Saturday, I will be happy to refund your money.

Does that mean twice the door prizes? becuase that would kick @ss!

Steve1968LS2
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

Come watch and take rides :)

Steve1968LS2
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Guys don't let the BAD PENNY INTIMIDATE YOU! It's only a car, just becuase you may not be able to keep up does not mean you won't have fun trying. Honestly I am thinking of taking my bone stock 68 Camaro just to show you all that I can have fun without all the pro-touring mumbo jumbo! This is the cheapest event I have seen and I can say truthfully I am excited to just hang out with a bunch of gear heads! I'm starting to think there are a lot more talkers than do'ers. PROVE ME WRONG!

:1st:

lol.. right now you are all faster since I don't have my new engine done yet.

The main goal is to just go and have fun..

Steve1968LS2
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM

I think we could get more cars if we had more time to promote the event.. maybe next time we'll have time to run in the magazines and promote at other events.

MrQuick
02-23-2010, 09:32 PM
come on guys start putting up fliers at the speed shops.

So its Friday(media day?) -Sat (race)- Sunday morning brakefast and cruise??? see what I did there? Its a gift. Or is everything on Sat?

You know whats going to happen Steve, guys will hear about it then it will blow up.

vince

79-TA
02-24-2010, 12:03 AM

OK Chuck, we're short on cars; that's your green light to sign up!

406 Q-ship
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM

Come on people, it is time to step up no more sidelines. We need to fill this up so Bill can make a case for coming back in Sept......

chevyhector
02-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I would love to sign up, but Im not sure if Medusa will be out of the metal fab shop in time. Plus, being a single dad, i will have to look at my $$$ flow. TEENAGERS, They cost alot !

406 Q-ship
02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I would love to sign up, but Im not sure if Medusa will be out of the metal fab shop in time. Plus, being a single dad, i will have to look at my $$$ flow. TEENAGERS, They cost alot !

If they're teenagers they should be paying you to put up with their crap.......besides isn't it about time they got jobs.....:)

monza
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
WTF - rant. For years people have bitched, 'Oh I wish we had more of these events out west" Here one is get on it!! Take what ever you've got, who cares, go beat your daily driver, stock muscle car just go have fun, hang out!!
What is Cali's population like 37M. Half this site is probably in driving range. Play on a track for 150.00 bucks total gears heads hanging out and this is not sold out??? Pussies....

chevyhector
02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
OK! For all the brave talkers! I will be there, hope to see you there too. I'll have a ride there, beat my time. I don’t like to promise on an event still too far out in the calendar, but I guess I’m being called out ! LOL !!! SEE YOU THERE ! All in fun, right?

rsk68
02-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Bill are you going to post a list of names that are signed up? could be a little of hey hes going to be there, I should go so I can stomp him!

Vegas69
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
WTF - rant. For years people have bitched, 'Oh I wish we had more of these events out west" Here one is get on it!! Take what ever you've got, who cares, go beat your daily driver, stock muscle car just go have fun, hang out!!
What is Cali's population like 37M. Half this site is probably in driving range. Play on a track for 150.00 bucks total gears heads hanging out and this is not sold out??? Pussies....

Hey, I don't see you signed up?:1st: I agree, make a list with some photos of the cars and I bet it fills up. The home page would help as well.

monza
02-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey, I don't see you signed up?:1st: I agree, make a list with some photos of the cars and I bet it fills up. The home page would help as well.

Who me... I'm all talk!

MrQuick
02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
poosies.... thats beacause most of us are unemployed now and paying 800 a month for Cobra......

Who me... I'm all talk!
oooooo guilty conscience LOL

"fuel" deserves a good road trip.... only cause we wanna see it in person.:yum:

vince

Vegas69
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Ok guys, I'm trying to recruite some of the local SCCA guys to fill out the field.

DFRESH
02-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Geez, down to one freaking day? Are you serious? Low count--I don't get it. It could only be explained by the short time frame to get the word out would be my guess. That is really disapointing-:machine:

Doug

DFRESH
02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Who me... I'm all talk!

Dave, LOL man--that was good.

79-TA
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Ok, what sort of cars are we allowed to invite? I'm going to do my best to spread the word, but I need to know if this is officially and exclusively a muscle car event. If it isn't that opens up quite a few options.

796spdbu
02-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Im going to hurtz to pick up my renta racer..it should be a mustang or a camaro.. Got to call later to confirm..

I was holding out as I didnt want to bump any cool muscle cars out..but I will sign upp later today after I find out if I can get a camaro or mustang..wonder if they could get a challenger?

Bow Tie 67
02-25-2010, 08:21 AM
This is killing me, especially with that door prize that was announced.

chevyhector
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, If i dont get Medusa by then I'll take my brothers G35 ! But I will be there, even if I lived in Canada!!

796spdbu
02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Thats where im at. My car isnt done. Im flying in and renting a car to run. I dont want to miss this. I could use those wheels to finish my Malibu. Im not doing this for the chance at the wheels as much as I am for the atmosphere. All the Gearheads and being able to run on a road course is awsome! I cant wait for it to get her. If someone needs a room Im flying in by myself and have double beds,if getting a room is a problem.

Finch
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Looks like I am going to have to come all the way out from TN to fill the gaps you Cali boys are leaving. I spent the first 23 years of my life in Cali so I am little embarrassed at the turnout.

Don’t be that guy kicking yourself as you sit on the sidelines seeing how much fun everyone is having. There will be no place for the "Next year I am doing it" speeches.

tazzz25906112
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Looks like I am going to have to come all the way out from TN to fill the gaps you Cali boys are leaving. I spent the first 23 years of my life in Cali so I am little embarrassed at the turnout.

Don’t be that guy kicking yourself as you sit on the sidelines seeing how much fun everyone is having. There will be no place for the "Next year I am doing it" speeches.

I hear that good buddy,,, no place.... We'll be there with the 73 White TA having a blast.

Time for a little California solidarity I'd say,,, or do we Easterners need to come show you how to have a good old time in your Own State ROFLMAO....

Come on guys put a pretty little shawl over those California sundresses.... Lets have some fun driven the tires off gang,,,, because in the end that's what it's all about ;-)....

rrunner68
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I think we just need to establish a year cut off rule for winning anything. I invited a buddy with a viper, hopefully he'll come.

Matt@BOS
02-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Well, I did my part and signed up. :)

Matt

zbugger
02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll be there. As a volunteer helper though. I can't bring a car this year. That kinda upsets me, but what can I do right now? I just really can't afford to break anything right now. I flew out to Pigeon Forge and I really know the atmosphere will be wild for this event. Those that are afraid to bring your car, you don't have to go all out. It's all about having fun. My problem is that having fun is going pretty much all out. I should have a car pretty soon though.

Finch
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I'll be there. As a volunteer helper though. I can't bring a car this year. That kinda upsets me, but what can I do right now? I just really can't afford to break anything right now. I flew out to Pigeon Forge and I really know the atmosphere will be wild for this event. Those that are afraid to bring your car, you don't have to go all out. It's all about having fun. My problem is that having fun is going pretty much all out. I should have a car pretty soon though.

We can strap you in the passenger seat Allen. No screaming or cryin allowed

79-TA
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Rental time! Hertz ZHZ Corvettes look pretty fun.

Bow Tie 67
02-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Thats where im at. My car isnt done. Im flying in and renting a car to run. I dont want to miss this. I could use those wheels to finish my Malibu. Im not doing this for the chance at the wheels as much as I am for the atmosphere. All the Gearheads and being able to run on a road course is awsome! I cant wait for it to get her. If someone needs a room Im flying in by myself and have double beds,if getting a room is a problem.

Well its close enough to a road course, minus the banking. * insert big a** grin here *

796spdbu
02-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Matt,
Thats the exact thing Im hoping to have all day a Big A** Grin on my face all weekend. When I rode with a few people last year, at GG Nashville and GG columbus in the auto cross, I had that Big A** Grin for the rest of the weekend. Since this "track" is bigger I can only imagine the level of fun.

Brett,
I looked on line lastnight and Hertz says the ZHZ Corvette is unavaible at the the Santa Ana air port location. Is there another Hertz dealer in the area? Hell even the Mustang they have to rent is a V-6.

James OLC
02-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Rental time! Hertz ZHZ Corvettes look pretty fun.

For Goodguys Del Mar last year we flew in to SD and had asked for some vaguely sporty but cheap something or other but when we got to the Hertz desk I asked what the smoking deal of the day was. Lady said that they had 13 something ZHZ's on the lot and asked if we wanted on of those? We got it for something like $68 a day. That was much more fun than the 6 cyl Mustang I took to the El Toro Evolution school in the spring (definately a mistake)... Rupp's rental, however, worked fine. :smoke:

WILWAXU
02-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Having been overseas the past year, the Nova isn't ready... but I guess I could run the TBSS :D

rsk68
02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Just wondering how the 0-60-0 event is timed, are they using a G-Tech pro for this? I thought I saw one on the last event that was on TV.

mpozzi
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
For the "Haul Ass then Flat Spot the Tires" competition, hopefully they'll use something that works right every time. Those at OPTIMA has some, err ... issues (human and electronic).

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

68cutlass
02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm local to SoCal and want to participate in RTTC, but my car is in still in the construction stage. What are the restrictions on what cars we can run? I would assume my RX8 is out. Will you allow new cars like the Hertz rental corvettes to run? According to their website they are available on that date at Ontario Airport, which is not too far from Orange County.

Thanks,

-Mark

Bill Howell
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
we are not outlawing modern cars, but prefer saving the spaces left for musclecars. Maybe next year when we have a two day event we will let some more modern cars run.

68cutlass
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

-Mark

The WidowMaker
02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
bill, can we get a head count thus far? also, when will we know about the modern stuff. i too dont want to kick out a classic, but i dont want the spots left open either. i am going in with a buddy on a vette if there is a spot.

oh, and if the spots are filled, i can help out for a partial day. does having bare bones onsite EMS get you a discount on insurance?

Tim

796spdbu
03-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks for clairifing Bill.That makes me feel better about about holding out and letting the classics take the spots. I may still see if Hertz can transfer a vette to John wayne just so I can have something cool to cruise for the weekend. Is there going to be any contact numbers incasse anyone gets lost on there way to the hotel or track?

Greg

Chucks73
03-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Trying to Reg for the car show but it looks like the http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com/ site is down.

Matt@BOS
03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Trying to Reg for the car show but it looks like the http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com/ site is down.

It is blank for a moment, then loads, for me at least. Try this link

http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Matt

Chucks73
03-02-2010, 10:14 AM
It is blank for a moment, then loads, for me at least. Try this link

http://www.octaneforyourbrain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Matt

Got through on my Air Card. I guess it may be blocked here at work.

Cdog
03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
How many are signed up for this so far? I'll drive down from Phoenix, rent a camaro and run one of the days. Are both Friday and Saturday open at this time?

Opps. I see Bill says's no modern cars. If that changes please update and I will attend.

Easter Sunday on the 4th means I'll have to drive home Saturday night for the egg hunt.

79-TA
03-03-2010, 11:52 PM
We're getting mixed mesesages here . . . low on cars, but then modern cars were, well, not encouraged . . . though they weren't banned outright.

What's the ruling, Bill? Are the numbers looking better yet? Should we start inviting other people who actually want to drive their cars?

jigracing777
03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Bill I am sponsoring a car to be out there and he has registered but received no payment confirmation? Is he in or out? How do we know?

Bill Howell
03-04-2010, 02:07 PM
He is in Scott. Look forward to seeing you all there. We have a local guy at RTTHs that has an original Yenko Stinger he ran at RTTHs. Cool cars on the autocross.

Bill Howell
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Sorry guys, this event has added alot to my plate, but that is no excuse.
We cut back to one day, so we will have a full house I feel sure. We only have about 6 or 7 spaces left and people are signing up daily so for now, I would like for it to be 82 or older cars. That way we have true musclecars and don't need a year break. Next year, when we have this one under our belts, and have time for more cars, we may open it up to newer cars.

chevyhector
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
hey guys, I really want to register Medusa, but I'm not sure if she will be done. It would be great if the participants were all classic / owned cars, not rented. But who am I to set rules!

xxxturbo6
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I would like for it to be 82 or older cars. That way we have true musclecars and don't need a year break. What there were no true Muscle cars 82-older? :slap:

Scot W.

The WidowMaker
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
i agree on the limit, but id rather not see 30 cars running on saturday and not having enough money to cover all the costs. i just want this event to make it another 10 years so its still around when my car is done.

7 spots left though, we're almost there!!!

Finch
03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
7 spots still open....You guys are going to make me drag 2 cars accross country and run them both.

79-TA
03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Uhm, this has bee asked before, but how do I get billed? I signed up a while ago, but never had to give any kind of billing information. I just want to make sure I'm actually signed up before all of the spots fill up.

Nessumsar
03-09-2010, 08:34 AM
When I registered, the last page directed me to Paypal, a few clicks and bada bing, I was signed up..

James OLC
03-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I know that this has been asked (but not answered) many times before, but is there a chance that registration confirmations and schedules will be posted soon? A little bit more information would be great for those of us who have to make travel arrangements that don't originate in Pigeon Forge. :)

Vegas69
03-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I agree, the date is coming soon and my schedule is getting tight already.

79-TA
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
When I registered, the last page directed me to Paypal, a few clicks and bada bing, I was signed up..

uhh . . . I never did that part. How can I make sure I'm signed up? :guilty:

Should I just sign up again?

Nessumsar
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I would up again, just to make sure.

Make sure to PM Bill about the possible double sign-up.

aray327
03-11-2010, 08:56 PM
OK, I have just decided i want to participate. I am having problems with the registration site. Does that mean it is full?

Bill i sent you a PM offering to help. Now i will send a second asking for help to get registered.

Bill Howell
03-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I will get the official list up later today of participants thus far. I think there are still 3 or 4 spots left. The site I put up for registration has been a PITA, if it is not up when you try, you can simply paypal me at [email protected] and put info in the comment section there.

CDMBill
03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm an offical noob on this site as of today but I did register for the event. At least I think so based on the Pay Pal confirmation back on Feb. 18th, and like others I wanted to check and see if I'm 'on the list'?

I am not worried about Bad Penny or anything else as the idea is to have some fun, no. I hope there are extra points for tire smoke though as I live 20 minutes from El Toro and won't qualify for the long drive bonus.

I also have a shop space for people who might need to make repairs or weld or cut or beat on something.

Bill Howell
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
OK guys, here is the official list of those that have PayPal me for entry to the event. A couple are company names, but I know who you are. If you have registered or think you have registered and don't see your name, contact me asap. If you count up the names you know we have 34 preregistered, plus we have 11 vendor/media entrys, so we only have 6 spots left if you want in.

Also remember, at this point there are only 34 names in the pot for the FREE set of Forgelines, pretty good odds if you ask me!

Aaron A Raymond
*(correction in name) Brett Habegger
Kevin Kraack
Larry Callahan
Mike E Wright
Brian Finch
William M Chin Jr.
Christopher Robinson
Matthew Alcala
JCG Restorations and Customs
Paul McDade
Sarkis Ashteokenyan
Karl Stuber
Gerald Lum
Mark Knight
The Source
Jon Rasmussen
David Fryer
Michael Provencher
Lane Smith
Paul Setter
Silvester Solorzano
Matthew Briggs
Kent Carpenter
Carl Casanova
James Faria
Daniel Weishaar
James Shipka
Jon Upton
Mary Pozzi
Richard Klein
Todd Akes
Steven Rupp
Doug Renner

* added 3/17/10 William Fowler
* added 3/17/10 Dane Taylor
* added 3/17/10 Michael Kelcy
* added 3/18/10 Corey Condit
* added 3/18/10 Chad Ryker
* added 3/18/10 Gaetano Cosentino

Nessumsar
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for getting that up Bill! I'm sure it will ease a couple souls.

DFRESH
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Put me in the last position----you tryin to tell me something there or what? LOL

Doug

Bill Howell
03-16-2010, 06:35 PM
LOL, actually that is the reverse order I think of how people signed up, so that makes you first.

mdprovee
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the list Bill. Is their an plan yet, or a time frame the festivities start? I will be driving down on Friday, anything happenning on Friday, or Friday night? Just trying to make plans.

aray327
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I LOVE the order. At least I can come in first on something....

Now i have to sort out my to-do list or i will be the highest paid spectator

DFRESH
03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I LOVE the order. At least I can come in first on something....

Now i have to sort out my to-do list or i will be the highest paid spectator

LOL man---"Highest paid spectator"---nice.

Doug

Vegas69
03-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Ya, me to Aaron.

-The Stig-
03-17-2010, 10:55 AM
In that list of people, it'd be interesting to see who's bringing what to the competition.

rogue
03-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Come hell or high water I'll be there. Even if I'm wheelchair bound and crying in pain. I'm due for surgery on the 24th and should be in good enough shape to do this event. I will keep in touch with you Bill to let you know if I have to pull out due to complications or health. But I sent payment regardless.

I want to represent the old school carbureted stock subframe crowd ....

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/08/VP__0906JPG-1.jpg

Nessumsar
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm with you rouge, strictly bolt-ons, and maybe a little hammer-massaging... I'll try to get a picture this evening.

1bad68cat
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Are there any more spots open? Does the car need to be complete, i.e. nice paint job & interior, or can I run my mechanically sound car through its paces as well? Is there a safety check list that I can look at to make sure my car complies? Thanks in advance.

Nessumsar
03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66339, it has the requirements to pass tech. No interior=no problem (so long as you're not sitting on a milk crate...). Come on down and beat on your car.

monza
03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66339, it has the requirements to pass tech. No interior=no problem (so long as you're not sitting on a milk crate...). Come on down and beat on your car.

Off topic... ever fall off a milk crate while driving, gets exciting right quick!! Only once long ago...

Nessumsar
03-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Nope, but I have driven a car squating before; akward...

1bad68cat
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Can I assume there are still open spots? If so, just pay through Paypal or is there a working site for registering?

Nessumsar
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I would PM Bill Howell and let him know that you are interested. He will take care of you.

Bill Howell
03-17-2010, 05:27 PM
OK guys, three new names today, so we are at 37, only three guaranteed spots left. I may allow a couple alternates, but this is getting close. I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks...WOOHOO!

rogue
03-17-2010, 05:40 PM
OK guys, three new names today, so we are at 37, only three guaranteed spots left. I may allow a couple alternates, but this is getting close. I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks...WOOHOO!

I will update you on my health after surgery and hopefully I'll be able to make it. Should know by thursday the 25th how I'm holding up. :usa:

zbugger
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
I will update you on my health after surgery and hopefully I'll be able to make it. Should know by thursday the 25th how I'm holding up. :usa:
Hey man, best of luck with the surgery. I'll be rootin' for ya. I'd LOVE to see your car out there. I really hope you can make it.

tazzz25906112
03-17-2010, 06:28 PM
All the best on that surgery and a speedy recovery bud...

Nessumsar
03-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I hope you feel well enough to drive Rouge, I really would like to see your car haul the mail.

-The Stig-
03-17-2010, 07:04 PM
... Lets get this party started! :D

Cdog
03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Bill, I'm new to these kind of events. My cousin and I would like to attend and run his shop car, a 67 Camaro with TCI suspension. Are there spots open still? I signed up and paid for one of us. I assume we can both attend?

Bill Howell
03-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Bill, I'm new to these kind of events. My cousin and I would like to attend and run his shop car, a 67 Camaro with TCI suspension. Are there spots open still? I signed up and paid for one of us. I assume we can both attend?

Yes, both are welcomed. I think there are two spots left now. I do ask though that there be only one registration per car, it gets tough to score one car with two drivers. If you have another car, sign up now, or you can simply share the ride at the event.

TCI Engineering
03-18-2010, 02:24 PM

PM sent

Bill Howell
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
OK guys, here is the official list of those that have PayPal me for entry to the event. A couple are company names, but I know who you are. If you have registered or think you have registered and don't see your name, contact me asap. If you count up the names you know we have 34 preregistered, plus we have 11 vendor/media entrys, so we only have 6 spots left if you want in.

Also remember, at this point there are only 34 names in the pot for the FREE set of Forgelines, pretty good odds if you ask me!

Aaron A Raymond
*(correction in name) Brett Habegger
Kevin Kraack
Larry Callahan
Mike E Wright
Brian Finch
William M Chin Jr.
Christopher Robinson
Matthew Alcala
JCG Restorations and Customs
Paul McDade
Sarkis Ashteokenyan
Karl Stuber
Gerald Lum
Mark Knight
The Source
Jon Rasmussen
David Fryer
Michael Provencher
Lane Smith
Paul Setter
Silvester Solorzano
Matthew Briggs
Kent Carpenter
Carl Casanova
James Faria
Daniel Weishaar
James Shipka
Jon Upton
Mary Pozzi
Richard Klein
Todd Akes
Steven Rupp
Doug Renner

* added 3/17/10 William Fowler
* added 3/17/10 Dane Taylor
* added 3/17/10 Michael Kelcy
* added 3/18/10 Corey Condit
* added 3/18/10 Chad Ryker
* added 3/18/10 Gaetano Cosentino

OK, we are officially full now, registration is now closed. If you want to be an alternate and can get to the track if someone has to cancel, please get on that list now, here, by posting.
Thanks to everyone that has signed up, I look forward to meeting everyone and having fun in California sun in about two weeks.

Nessumsar
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I can hardly wait!

79-TA
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Alright! All 40 spots full! Thanks for getting us all registered, Bill.

Like Matt, I'm curious as to what everyone is running. April 3rd is coming up fast.

-The Stig-
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

lets get the party goin!

Gitter Dun
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
According to Bill, Im the last guy to register, wow how lucky is that. Called La Quinta Inn for a room and they were a little confused about "The Run to the Coast " group rate but still honored the $59 room rate.

James OLC
03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Looking forward to it!

CurtiSS 69
03-19-2010, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Bill Howell;648058]OK, we are officially full now, registration is now closed.QUOTE]

At least I can drop the wrenches and get some sleep...I probably wouldn't have been done in time anyway. I'll be a great one. Hopefully the view is good from the sidelines.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

jigracing777
03-19-2010, 11:56 PM
This might be a stupid question but...
What time we are supposed to be there?

Bill Howell
03-20-2010, 07:00 PM
This might be a stupid question but...
What time we are supposed to be there?
I would like people to start showning up around 6am. Drivers meeting at 7am and racing starting at 8am sharp is the plan.

Mkelcy
03-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I would like people to start showning up around 6am. Drivers meeting at 7am and racing starting at 8am sharp is the plan.

Do all of us show up the same day? I seem to recall, something about being divided into two groups

79-TA
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM
^ It's a one day competition now. Before, when they thought there would be much higher turnout, it was planned to have the competition on Friday and Saturday.

Mkelcy
03-21-2010, 03:23 AM
Can we get a post with the details - what day for what events, where (street address or other directions) we're supposed to be when, schedule for the day and so on? I keep looking through this (now) 9 page thread for details and coming up blank.

Cdog
03-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Can we get a post with the details - what day for what events, where (street address or other directions) we're supposed to be when, shcedule for the day and so on? I keep looking through this (now) 9 page thread for details and coming up blank.

This would be a good idea. Also what entrance? The one next to the freeway and the wood recycle yard off of sand canyon?

Rotnralph
03-21-2010, 09:35 AM

Hey Bill,

You need help with any of the logistics on this, Friday, Saturday or Sunday just let me know. I live about 15 minutes from there, so familiar with the area and can help.

Also might be cool to put together a Friday night kart deal at Dromo1 or K1 here in OC if anyone is interested. Many of the manufacturers get together and do this at other events around the country....... usually leads to some good smak talking and could be a good build up for Saturday. If anyone's interested, let me know and we can set it up.

Mike @ Spectre Performance

Gitter Dun
03-21-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm in on the kart thing, keep me posted.

-The Stig-
03-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I've got some K1 karting certificates I could use.. I'm down for Friday! Never been to K1, been to Dromo1 a buncha times in the past. Been a few years. I still have my race print out of when I set the Fastest lap of the day. :D

Gitter Dun
03-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Sweet, I'll probly be in so cal thursday around 3:00, driving approx 9 hrs. Hope more guys will be interested.

rogue
03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Guys I gotta bow out. I just found out I won't be released from the hospital until the 26th. So that'd give me a little less than 2 weeks recovery before hitting the track. Its just cutting it too close. I'm getting a pain pump implant, so its a bit more complicated than just 'recovery' as well. I may respond poor to the implant, the meds etc, and the last place I want to be is on a racetrack adjusting to those meds...

The tire wear rating thing was a bit of a surprise as well. :(

If I'm feeling up to attending the event I will try to make it down, meet you all and shake some hands. But I think pushing my car to its limits with a new pain med implants just pushing the limit.

I need to focus on getting myself sorted, not my car for once.

Good luck everyone! I hope Bill can find someone to replace me.

796spdbu
03-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Rotnralph,
You have a contact number for us out of towners,in case we get lost?

Rogue,
My mother had a bad back and had to have one of those morphine pumps put in. Her body tried to reject it several times. After 2 years she has it under control. Good luck my friend with your recovery.

Greg

CurtiSS 69
03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Bill,

You need help with any of the logistics on this, Friday, Saturday or Sunday just let me know. I live about 15 minutes from there, so familiar with the area and can help.

Also might be cool to put together a Friday night kart deal at Dromo1 or K1 here in OC if anyone is interested. Many of the manufacturers get together and do this at other events around the country....... usually leads to some good smak talking and could be a good build up for Saturday. If anyone's interested, let me know and we can set it up.

Mike @ Spectre Performance

That's a great idea Mike. I would like to join in on this one Friday night. Keep us posted.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

Gitter Dun
03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Bill, was wondering if you have all the man power you need for Friday. I am new to this forum and dont really Know anybody and on top of that I will be flying solo and arriving around 3:00 p.m. on Thursday. I imagine I wil be resting thursday afternoon, but my Friday is going to be wide open, and would love to fill my time helping out, Let me know.

mpozzi
03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
This would be a good idea. Also what entrance? The one next to the freeway and the wood recycle yard off of sand canyon?

The site entrance is off of Marine Way almost underneath the freeway overpass at Sand Canyon.

Follow Marine Way around and hopefully there will be signs directing you to our playground.

Mary Pozzi

tazzz25906112
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey Mary I hear ya knocked them out of the park again in Vegas girl.... Congratulations Sweety.

Bill Howell
03-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Bill, was wondering if you have all the man power you need for Friday. I am new to this forum and dont really Know anybody and on top of that I will be flying solo and arriving around 3:00 p.m. on Thursday. I imagine I wil be resting thursday afternoon, but my Friday is going to be wide open, and would love to fill my time helping out, Let me know.

We will certainly need plenty of volunteers and thanks for helping. We will put people in place on Saturday but will need some more help getting the cars teched early. Thanks

Bill Howell
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
I have had one spot open up on Saturday guys, pm me if you want in.

BTW, just a reminder if you missed it earlier. Everyone runs on Saturday now, Friday was cancelled because of lack of registration. Friday will be only for those that signed up for the driver instruction.

DanP454
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Bill,
I live in Tustin (5 min out off the base) and have a truck and can do what is needed. Anything you need just email me and I'll send you my number. Also I could get more family/friends to help. I'm going to be :lurk:ing around on Saturday so might as well earn my keep.

-Dan
[email protected]

796spdbu
03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Bill,I can help out also. Ill be getting in Friday around 9:00a.m. Let me know how I can help.

Greg

Rotnralph
03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
That's a great idea Mike. I would like to join in on this one Friday night. Keep us posted.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

So as not to get off topic on this thread, will start a new thread with the karting info for Friday.

Mike

mdprovee
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I am trailering my car down on Friday. Can I leave the car and trailer at the site Friday nite, is there a secure location?

Or best to leave it on the trailer, at the motel, then off load Saturday morning?

Bill Howell
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I will be leaving my car at the hotel. we will have enough trailers and trucks there to block everyone in I am sure. I just don't know about leaving things at the track.

Gitter Dun
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I am a little concerned about leaving my car and trailor at hotel also due to most likely unhooking trailor and using my truck to drive to the go kart thing Friday night. On the other hand, I heard there was a great little Mexican place next door to the hotel with some descent margaritas so I may just keep the car hooked up and take a cab, anybody for margaritas and cab sharing?

Bill Howell
03-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I am a little concerned about leaving my car and trailor at hotel also due to most likely unhooking trailor and using my truck to drive to the go kart thing Friday night. On the other hand, I heard there was a great little Mexican place next door to the hotel with some descent margaritas so I may just keep the car hooked up and take a cab, anybody for margaritas and cab sharing?

Funny, I will probably drive my CAR to the kart thing Friday night..haha

Gitter Dun
03-24-2010, 06:22 PM
In that case, if you dont have room in your car can you strap me to the hood?

Bill Howell
03-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Too Funny, have you SEEN my car?? room for 5 INSIDE

zbugger
03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Too Funny, have you SEEN my car?? room for 5 INSIDE

Yeah, the trunk....

Gitter Dun
03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
I buy you dinner, you fly?

41565 chevelle
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Guys, The track area is closed at night and the entire area is patroled by Irvine PD. Once the gates are locked nobody gets in. In addition, they (Irvine) have patrols on the fence line around the entire base 24 hours a day. Should be nice and safe. I will let the area police helicopter guys working that side to keep an extra eye on you all. I will be working both nights a little north in Huntington Beach but can get there if you need an "air strike"!

See you on Saturday!

796spdbu
03-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Since we cant race the rentals,Im looking at a mustang,so If any one needs a ride. I got 3 open seats..

Greg

406 Q-ship
03-25-2010, 07:52 AM

There is a resturant with a large parking lot on the opposite side of the street from Dromo1 that is usually pretty empty.

Gitter Dun
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
There is a resturant with a large parking lot on the opposite side of the street from Dromo1 that is usually pretty empty.

Thanks, good to know!

bosses son
03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
OK I'm all signed up as far as i know. What is the limit on passengers for the event? At the Super Chevy Show in Vegas we got 6 people in and it seemed to really help the cars balance....

looking forward to trying to keep up!

zbugger
03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
OK I'm all signed up as far as i know. What is the limit on passengers for the event? At the Super Chevy Show in Vegas we got 6 people in and it seemed to really help the cars balance....

looking forward to trying to keep up!
Trying to keep up????? I saw your wagon run in Marina. That thing looks awesome out there. I can't wait to see it again.

Gitter Dun
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Since we cant race the rentals,Im looking at a mustang,so If any one needs a ride. I got 3 open seats..

Greg

Are you going to Dromo 1 for the cart race? Staying at La Quinta? If so I would appreciate the ride if room is still available.

mac69z28
03-30-2010, 10:02 PM
hey guys,
I've registered for the car show this weekend. What time do I need to show up? any schedule of the event out there?
I'm a new member so I'm a bit lost.

The WidowMaker
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
EL TORO RTTC- Itenerary Saturday, April 3

Registration 6:00-6:45 a.m.

Tech 6:45-7:15 a.m.

Rules/overview 7:15-8:00 a.m.

challenge begins 8:00 a.m.-over

*participant/volunteers/car show participants/fans/spectators-must be at registration.

*if your not on these lists or do not show up between 6:00am-7:30am you will not be permitted to enter the event. This is not an open event. El Toro/City of Irvine rules.

Roadbuster
04-01-2010, 06:25 AM
I have had one spot open up on Saturday guys, pm me if you want in.

BTW, just a reminder if you missed it earlier. Everyone runs on Saturday now, Friday was cancelled because of lack of registration. Friday will be only for those that signed up for the driver instruction.

Bill,
What is the itinerary for the Friday driver training?

Jon

796spdbu
04-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Gaetano Cosentino

Im at the La Quinta Inn, ride is still avaiable,Yes Im going Carting. A co pilot is more than welcome.

Heres my cell number 937-403-3522. Ill be arriving,if on time,at 10:33 a.m. at the John Wayne airport. Just call me when you get in town.

Greg Tholen

TCI Engineering
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
EL TORO RTTC- Itenerary Saturday, April 3

Registration 6:00-6:45 a.m.

Tech 6:45-7:15 a.m.

Rules/overview 7:15-8:00 a.m.

challenge begins 8:00 a.m.-over

*participant/volunteers/car show participants/fans/spectators-must be at registration.

*if your not on these lists or do not show up between 6:00am-7:30am you will not be permitted to enter the event. This is not an open event. El Toro/City of Irvine rules.

I guess I should chime in to make sure that myself as well as 4 other shop guys are on the list. We all have to work til noon at the shop and will be riding down together.

-J

Mkelcy
04-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Okay, so I washed the car and filled the gas tank, anything else I need to do to get ready? I don't have a set of overalls, but I'll try to make do.

Chad-1stGen
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Okay, so I washed the car and filled the gas tank, anything else I need to do to get ready? I don't have a set of overalls, but I'll try to make do.

I did the same. The cleaner the car the faster it will go, right?

Mkelcy
04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
I did the same. The cleaner the car the faster it will go, right?

Exactly, less wind resistance. . . .

Gitter Dun
04-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Gaetano Cosentino

Im at the La Quinta Inn, ride is still avaiable,Yes Im going Carting. A co pilot is more than welcome.

Heres my cell number 937-403-3522. Ill be arriving,if on time,at 10:33 a.m. at the John Wayne airport. Just call me when you get in town.

Greg Tholen

Thanks Greg but I bailed on RTTC because I needed the money for my new aluminum small block, wish I could've made it, let me know who wins the go kart race, heard Mary was pretty fast, my money is on her, lol.

Chad-1stGen
04-03-2010, 04:13 AM
getting up while still dark FTL

Steve1968LS2
04-03-2010, 04:36 AM
getting up while still dark FTL

Yes.. major suckage