PDA

View Full Version : 1st GW Upper Arms

Rocketolds
04-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I have a set of GW 1st generation upper control arms for an A-body. Does any know what application the upper ball joint is, I need new rubber boots, and I don't feel like waiting to get them from GW

Thanks

rocketrod
04-22-2005, 05:51 AM
Call GW, ask for Doug, and they will gladly tell you. Doug.

David Pozzi
04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Is this a trick question?

Rocketolds
04-22-2005, 06:06 PM
No this is not a trick question, I would like to put my front suspension together this weekend, and If I knew what the original application (car) of the upper ball joint, I can run to the local autoparts store and get the the boots for the ball joints

David Pozzi
04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Well, I'd say it's an upper balljoint for a first gen Camaro.
Any replacement boot for that will work.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a wise guy but the question seems to be too simple, or maybe I'm not reading it right.
Good luck with it.

Rocketolds
04-23-2005, 05:57 AM
These ball joints are not bolt in like standard GM ball joints, they press in and have a sleeve welded in to keep them in possion. That is why I asked.

David Pozzi
04-23-2005, 11:16 AM
OOps!
I WAS reading it wrong, I was thinking you had a First-Gen Camaro, but it's a First-Gen A body!
Sorry for my mis-read.
GW should have provided a part number or application for replacement. If it had four flats on it it could be the popular screw in chrysler balljoint, otherwise it could be a Ford BJ, I think most of the Mustang II kits use a press in Ford BJ.
David