PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Schroth Rallye 4 harnesses for the GTO yesterday

67 goat
02-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Ironically this is the final step to making my GTO more modern and less of a death cage if involved in a serious accident. I recently learned of the Schroth products. I guess if I had known of there existence earlier, I would have ordered as the first mod.

With hydraboost, suspension, wheels/tires, seats and now something more substantial than a lap belt, I think it's about as safe as a '67 GTO can be (for a street driven car with bolt-ons)......I mean, short of retrofitting some air bags in there.

I'll take pics of the harness install and post once completed.

Thanks,
Jeff

wmhjr
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I"m anxious to see the pics. I'm assuming that installing these will eliminate the use of the back seat, right?

67 goat
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
I"m anxious to see the pics. I'm assuming that installing these will eliminate the use of the back seat, right?

Yea, that's the only downside. But you can keep the factory lap belts in place, front and rear, and just use those if you have the need for back seat passengers. The shoulders straps would just lay on the rear seat.

FULMNTE
02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I have a set of these in my garage waiting to be installed. Nice choice!

67 goat
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Installation was pretty straight forward. I actually took the car for a quick rip too since the roads were actually pretty clean (a rarity in February in NH). This was a couple weeks ago, but I'm just getting around to posting the pics.

They are very comfortable and I definitely feel much safer. The lack of an inertia reel is a little annoying, but a small price to pay for extra safety I guess. Schroth does offer an electronic inertial reel.....but it's twice as much money at almost $300 for each belt. For that kind of money, I'll live with not being able to reach for things that I probably shouldn't be reaching for anyway.

I got in the car, buckled up, then realized I couldn't release the E-brake. Guess I'll have to learn to do that first from now on.

Thanks,
Jeff

PS. Don't chastise me too bad for the white seats in a parchment interior. Parchment isn't available in the aftermarket seats. I got a quote to have them recovered in a parchment color, but there's plenty of other places (like an LS motor) that I'd rather spend $800-1000.

SVTforme
03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Good choice.. after looking at all the options I went with the same setup. Gave me the option to use the rear seats if I really need to on the rare occasion that is does happen. I'm sure it will take some getting used to the fixed belts without retractors, although it is no worse than the 60's shoulder belts :).

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/03/sparco_torino_004-1.jpg