PDA

View Full Version : Cormaro ignition works but no injector fuel ?

Jim Nilsen
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I have the engine up and running when we pour gas in it , it runs great with no timing problem what so ever. It revs like it never has before and as long as we feed it fuel.

I have 45 lb pressure in the rail , we can get fuel to a cup from the pump when it is on. I have 13 volts at the injectors. It seems to want to start up for a brief moment and then just turns over.

It has to be something ,but what? I checked the ground for the injectors and it is in the place as the ignition so I wouldn't think that is it.

I am running in sequential and have tried batch fire for a test with no results.

I haven't tested the injectors to see if they are firing and am wondering what is the best way to test them to see if they are?

It does sound great when it gets fuel !!!

Jim Nilsen
02-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I just talked to Don Bailey and he gave me some instruction on the problem and I am enriching everything in the startup sections to try to get it to fire off. He thinks it is all to lean to get it to fire and so far after adjusting the settings up it is trying to fire off better.

I am still working on it but wanted to let you guys know we are making progress.

any comments that can help will be appreciated.

Thanks

EFI69Cam
02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
is there power to the injectors?

Jim Nilsen
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I got it running and am getting it dialed in to idle and will go from there.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAA

It was not rich enough to get it started.

So much for the VE calculator.

Had to richen the A/F to 12.5 from 14.5 and move the VE table from .100 to .350 and move the injector offset up from .80 to 1.5 to get it to rev nice.

I am sure that i will be able to move those numbers around and get them to where they need to be but it is running and it starts and idles with no problem and I have seen 5500 rpm with no problems with the ignition.

If I could only get rid of this stinking snow :machine:

thanks for all of you pulling for me !!!

:jump::cheers: