PDA

View Full Version : New motorsports park in S. Carolina

rlpj68
02-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Just wanted to let some of you guys know. Bill Conger from 2DrivenLLC in Huntersville, NC. is going to build a motorsports park in my home town of Gaffney,SC. He bought 1700 acres just off of I85 and it is to be called Racers Paradise. It will have two 2.5 mile road courses, a dragstrip,1.5 mile test track for nascar races, skidpad, motorcross and atv trails, nature trails, also hotel-condo services and related services. He is to start building at the beginning of 2011 and will take 6-9 months to build opening late 2011 or early 2012. Just thought i would let some of you know in case you might be interested.:lurk:

cheapthrillz
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Bawlin!!!!! I need to check this out.... I'm in Greenwood!

cheapthrillz
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Found this:

Proposed facility would be ‘Racers Paradise’
By LARRY HILLIARD Ledger Staff Writer [email protected]

Matt Mullins and Bill Conger unveiled bold plans Thursday to put Cherokee County on the national racing map.

For Mullins and Conger, the name of their venture, Racers Paradise, says it all.

“It will be the dream place to go if you’re into motorsports,” Mullins said.

Racers Paradise will be built on a 1,700-acre site near Hwy. 105 and Lowry Road. It will feature two world-class road courses each more than 2.5 miles long, a skid pad and training area, motocross and ATV trails, cart trails, a drag strip and a nature park. Down the road, so to speak, the duo hopes the venture will be profitable enough to support trackside condos and a commercial business park, as well as a gas station and convenience store. There’s also room for a 1.5-mile test oval for NASCAR races.

Three national events are in the works, including an AMA motorcycle race, a Daytona prototype race and an off-road motorcycle race. Each event would draw between 20,000 and 40,000 fans.

They estimate it will cost $25 million to complete phase I of the project, which includes construction of the two tracks, training pad and parking lot.

The project would create 50 to 60 jobs and generate as much as $150 million for the local economy and as many as 200 jobs over the life of the project.

Conger said noise is the top concern about the project. But Conger said designers have “gone to great lengths to keep natural buffers to minimize the noise.” He also downplayed possible traffic congestion in the area.

Mullins, Conger and their investors would recoup their investment by selling memberships to the drivers club. A club membership could cost up to $4,500 a year but would grant members virtually unlimited access to Racers Paradise.

County residents also would be granted free access to some areas of the property.

Mullins and Conger held the last of their informational public meetings this past Thursday at Broad River Electric. The meeting was attended by about 30 people, including several Cherokee County Council members and Development Board Director Jim Cook.

Both Mullins and Conger have extensive racing backgrounds. Mullins drove on the NASCAR truck and ARCA series. Conger’s racing passion is motocross.

Mullins and Conger met with council in a closed-door session a few weeks ago. Council asked the pair to hold a meeting to gauge the public sentiment for the project.

At Thursday’s meeting, only one person expressed concern about the traffic.

sniper
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Cool. But we'll see if it actually happens.

The High Rock track just north of salisbury was supposed to be done quickly as well. after over 2 years I don't think they have even cleared the land.
http://www.racehighrock.com/home.aspx

Then there was the 100 million dollar plan to build the motorsports complex at the old metrolina track.
Looks like that maybe in the can as well. Hard to find investors in this economy.

Force Fed Mopar
02-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Hope this goes through, would love to see something like that nearby (I'm in the Spartanburg area). Right now I think the nearest road course is Road Atlanta, about 3 hrs away.

Chrispsl
03-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Does anybody have a way to Contact Bill Conger? I have guys wanting to some work on this project as in construction. Thanks

cheapthrillz
03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Does anybody have a way to Contact Bill Conger? I have guys wanting to some work on this project as in construction. Thanks

I would email Larry Hillard and see if he can get you some contact info....

blown9746
03-23-2010, 07:59 PM
force fed check out carolina motorsports park in kershaw, sc

rlpj68
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
the only thing about carolina motorsports park is that it is in the middle of nowhere and the park is just the track and nothing else, i used to go during the viper days events that were held there in the past

musclecarmatt
07-17-2010, 06:36 AM
once i get of my suspension mods done to mine...i want to hit a road course!