PDA

View Full Version : Any Minnesota or Midwest guys?

corey222
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if there are any midwestern folks around here that road race or autocross. I am very interested in open track time, autocross events and anything of that nature. So MN or midwesterners where do you drive your PT cars?

maxharvard
02-04-2010, 05:41 AM
I'm involved with the SCCA here in MN.

email me if you want to chat :)

allynwrench (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

Scott Parkhurst
02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
I mess around a bit. So does Derek69SS. There's actually a lot going on out here when there's not snow on the ground...

The Twin Cities and Rochester area SCCA groups are active autocrossers. The Midwest F-body club hosts Open Track Days at Mid-America Motorplex (one of the few reasons to go to Iowa), and Brainerd also has some open track time.

There's an event happening at Road America in Wisconsin this spring as well- I'm planning on heading there.

I also ran the Springhills Open Road Challenge in Nebraska last year (www.sorcrace.com) and it was a blast. A bit of a drive, but a lot closer than driving to Las Vegas for the Silver State Challenge. I love the open road races!

corey222
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys. That sounds like a ton of fun. I don't have any experience and my Mustang has mostly tame modifications. I built it with my old man when I was a younger so I want it to stay how it is. I am not sure how much damage I could do with that. After I finish up my old Bronco I want to start on more of a street legal track car 65 coupe I have been planning in my head for a while.

dlrepmn
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Here in the North country it is Soderquist Market for moldy cheese to Maxx then home in record time without getting the attention of the Anoka County fellows.

Don't forget Car Craft Nats events obviously. Looks like it's worth the wait. I can't wait to wait. Six more weeks of this crap according to the groundhawg.

novaderrik
02-05-2010, 03:08 AM
there is almost nothing going on up this way- the closest events to me is 90 miles away in Fargo and of course the Brainerd events. i want to build an autocrosser out of the derelict '87 Monte SS i have, but i've almost come to the conclusion that it isn't worth the effort.

Tom Fuehrer
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Corey, I can help direct you to events.

I'm (heavily) involved with SCCA road racing here as well as an instructor at the school at BIR. I'm also one of the organizers of the AutoX at Car Craft.

SCCA does Solo events near Lacrosse and Winona but there are many Solo events in the Twin Cities run by other clubs.

Post questions or PM me, I'd be happy to help.

Tom Fuehrer

monteboy84
02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi guys,

I live in Elk River, work in Rogers, and wrench on vintage roadrace cars at a small shop in Hamel/Medina. Soon as I get my Monte Carlo ready to rock, I'd love to hit some of the local events.

Tom, were you at the BIR for the Mini vintage weekend last summer (2009)? It was in May sometime I believe, we had our 69 Corvette there and blew a motor, bummer....

monteboy84
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm also one of the organizers of the AutoX at Car Craft.

Corey Flynn from QA1 MC'ed that event this year did he not? He's a good friend of mine from asphalt racing up at I94 in Sauk Centre. Good to see some locals in here.

olason
12-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey I am a eastern North Dakota guy. I will be in Fargo through next summer for sure with school and my internship. I am needing to finish my 442, body needs some tlc and paint. then the drivetrain will need some attention.

any events in the area? I have heard of some auto-x in fargo sometimes. Another road rally is the road rally nic cruz, bullrun season 3 team nsx, has set up this past year.