PDA

View Full Version : Who's springs do I buy?

2ndgener
02-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I am looking for a set of front springs for my 70 Camaro. It still has factory coil springs in it and they are shot. I am looking for something that will give me even just a little more performance over stock. Please dont try and sell me on new tubular control arms and coil overs or anything else, I'm a 22 year old broke diesel tech, its coming boys just give me time. I am looking at three different springs here are the spring brands and prices i found through a popular parts catalog, Eibach kit -116.95, Hotchkis kit -167.95, Global West kit -139.95. So who makes the best and are they that much better that i need to spend the extra money on them?

Yoda4561
02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
TCA's and Coilovers are overrated :cheers: The hotchkis stuff is great for street performance. They're firmer without going overboard like track-only springs. Subframe connectors and solid body bushings also help make a solid foundation for the springs to work with, and won't break the bank.

2ndgenhunter
02-02-2010, 02:09 AM
I would go with the Hotchkins. You can always build up from there.

Also call Frank at Prodigy Customs.

JJEH
02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah, go with the Hotchkins...

It's a good brand, you can do an upgrade everytime and you spend the money into a good investment... because if you are looking for some cheap sh*t, you won't get lucky :)

ProdigyCustoms
02-02-2010, 06:57 AM
We have the Hotchkis for $150 a set right now

Hotchkis
02-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the support. Our springs are designed for high performance driving without loss of street driving comfort.

We use high quality materials and we stand behind our products and our dealers. Frank can get you everything you need, and when you're ready for more upgrades, all our parts are designed to work together as bolt-ons, so you can add more as you desire.

2ndgener
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
We have the Hotchkis for $150 a set right now

I am also looking for a Complete polyurethane bushing kit, just wondering if you carry a kit and how much it would run me, that way i could do all my ordering in one place.

JRouche
02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I am also looking for a Complete polyurethane bushing kit, just wondering if you carry a kit and how much it would run me, that way i could do all my ordering in one place.

Yup!! Give Frank a call. He will NOT sell you stuff you dont need and will supply you with the products you can use. A phone call is in order.. JR

2ndgener
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Will do. Thanks guys

ProdigyCustoms
02-03-2010, 04:47 AM

Got a little busy and missed this yesterday. I suggest solid bushings. Urethane are so hard, from a ride stand point, they might as well be solid, and the solid will never wear out.