PDA

View Full Version : Pro Billet™ Short F,X Steering Arms

L & H Kustoms
01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> L & H Kustoms & Pro Billet Components is proud to announce our new Bumpsteer corrected Pro Billet™ Steering arms for the F and X body cars. These steering arms are machined from ultra strong billet aluminum and have a 304 Stainless steel tapered tie rod insert to prevent fatigue. They have revised geometry to reduce bumpsteer to almost zero. These arms are designed after the "short" f,x body steering arms. They are a great compliment to our Pro Billet™ Tall Spindles or can be used with oem style spindles to cure the massive bumpsteer found in the original steering arms. They come standard black anodized. They Retail for $275 They are in stock ready to ship.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/02/IMG_1133-1.jpg

Taylor1969
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Will these also work with the ATS (short) spindles?

TitoJones
02-01-2010, 12:12 PM

The AFX spindles already have corrected bumpsteer built in to the forging. You can re-use the factory steering arm on the AFX spindles with perfect results. Adding these will reverse the already perfected bumpsteer curve to the other side of the spectrum, and more than likely cause an interference with the wheel.

Tyler

L & H Kustoms
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM

They wont work with the ATS spindles as the ATS spindles already have revised the steering arm geometry in the spindle itself. Although I have had several people inquire about a "short" Style arm that will work with the ATS spindles. If I can get 10 guys to commit to purchasing a set that will work with the ATS spindle I will go ahead a make a small run of "short" steering arms that will work on the AFX spindle as well as the RideTech/Fatman spindle. Price will be the same $275

TitoJones
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Hahahah! We posted that the same time.

Tyler

L & H Kustoms
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Hahahah! We posted that the same time.

Tyler

Ya thats funny thanks for chiming in Tyler

Jasons72
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Would these work with other aftermarket drop spindles that put the steering arm where your wheel and tire sit? or just stock and your spindles? I want to run drop spindles so badly but you can't unless using afx which are way out of my price range.

L & H Kustoms
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Would these work with other aftermarket drop spindles that put the steering arm where your wheel and tire sit? or just stock and your spindles? I want to run drop spindles so badly but you can't unless using afx which are way out of my price range.

Our steering arms will work with any aftermarket spindle that has the steering arm in the same location as the factory spindle. Why are you wanting to run drop spindles so badly? on the F,X rear steer cars you run into major interference issues. That is why we offer our tall non drop spindle and you can lower the car with springs. our spindle are significantly cheaper than the AFX spindle $750 versus $1099. and you can run your factory discs 15" wheels and upgrade later as money permits.

Kenova
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
on the F,X rear steer cars you run into major interference issues. .
If I remember correctly, some people have had problems with as little as 4" of back spacing on a 15" wheel when using 2" drop spindles.
Are the interference issues as severe for the front steer (A-body) applications?

Ken

L & H Kustoms
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
If I remember correctly, some people have had problems with as little as 4" of back spacing on a 15" wheel when using 2" drop spindles.
Are the interference issues as severe for the front steer (A-body) applications?

Ken

on the F,X cars you have trouble running a wheel with more than 3-3/4" back space when using a 2" drop spindle. The A body does not have issues that the F,X bodies do.

Jasons72
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
The key word is i want to run a drop spindle but i know i can't. To get my car to sit at the height i desire it to it would be sitting on the bumpstops, drop spindles would help with that but none are able to do that without having issues with the tie rod. That is why i'm going with a lowering spring and using adjustable spring seats to adjust height and tall ball joints to help with the geometry. In the future when i have more money i would love to run something like your spindles but there is no room in the budget right now for them.

L & H Kustoms
02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
The key word is i want to run a drop spindle but i know i can't. To get my car to sit at the height i desire it to it would be sitting on the bumpstops, drop spindles would help with that but none are able to do that without having issues with the tie rod. That is why i'm going with a lowering spring and using adjustable spring seats to adjust height and tall ball joints to help with the geometry. In the future when i have more money i would love to run something like your spindles but there is no room in the budget right now for them.

Jason I understand but moving the steering arm up to where the wheel and tire sit on a drop spindle would severely alter the ackerman geometry in the suspension. With running the oem spindle with tall balljoints will make a big improvement in the camber curve and with using our Pro Billet™ steering arms which will cure the unwanted bumpsteer found in these cars will make your car handle very well.