PDA

View Full Version : Pexto Shear #137L

astroracer
04-20-2005, 07:53 AM
36" width/16ga. capacity.
I have an opportunity to buy this shear for $350.00. Is it worth that much? It is in very good condition and has been used very little. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Mark

Jim Nilsen
04-20-2005, 11:05 PM
That is an incredible price if it is in good condition with a good backgauge that works. 36 in. is not as desirable as a 48in. but for that kind of money it is worth it.The set of knives probably cost more than $350 !!!!! :seizure:

Make sure that if you buy it , you level it it and anchor it to the floor so it will last for 20 years or more without a lot of maintenance problems. They can really make things so much easier.

Jim Nilsen

astroracer
04-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks Jim,
I was expecting your answer but had to ask anyway. I will make this a done deal today. A guy I work with has it and just wants it out of the way... I don't really have the room for either but what's a guy to do? :dunno:
Mark

astroracer
05-17-2005, 03:36 AM
The "new" shear was dropped off last night. All I can say is WOW!
I threw a piece of 20ga on it and was amazed at the ease of cut. I couldn't feel the cut start when I pumped the treadle and it was so smooth I couldn't believe it. The shear didn't even know the metal was there.
Anybody need anything cut?
Mark