PDA

View Full Version : LS1 bolt up to T5 bellhousing from LT1/GenI smallblock?

Idragmazda
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
As the topic asks, anyone know for sure?

(But before I go begin I am aware that putting a LS1 and a T5 combo is a bad idea.)

The T5 setup that I had recently had built up Uses Camaro housing/ new beefed up internals with S10 style tail shaft, with modifications for speed sensor and a bell housing to fit the Gen I style small blocks. I wanted to originally mate this up to an LT1 out of a C4 Vette.

The person whom built the transmission for me guarantees that this will hold up (for the stock output of the LT1), and it will considering the truck this is going to go into will be babied (full on show street truck) and driven very little (nice days, etc)

However, I have recently discovered some fairly cheap LS1 motors out of some of the C5 Vettes and I was thinking about picking one of these up. I want an LS motor primarily for looks, as I think they are the best looking chevy small blocks.

If I do purchase the LS1 The engine will be completely stock, and I will only be polishing/painting/chroming most of the things on it. The only performance additions I would think would be a set of Headers and a March Pulley Kit or Billet Specialties kit (I want to use the factory Mufflers/Cats to get that quiet Vette rumble)

SO will the LS1 bolt up to my T5? Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!

carguy502
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
So long as the T5 you use is out of a V8 application, the fitment bellhousing flange-forward is identical to that of any 1 1/8" 26-spline muncie/saginaw/T10 four speed or GM vervions of the TKO 500/600. There are quite a few bellhousings available from QuickTime, Keisler, Lakewood, and probably others I am forgetting that make this a bolt on proposition.
In addition, there are flywheels and pilot bearings available that allow any standard Chevy V8 bellhousing.

Have fun with the truck and NO powershifting...