PDA

View Full Version : Late Model Side Mirrors

DeepBlue68
04-19-2005, 10:49 PM
I know there's plenty of people that have put later model side mirrors on their cars (usually I see C5 Vette mirrors), and was wondering if anyone could tell me generally how you do this. I was thinking about using either C5 Vette or maybe 4th-gen Camaro mirrors on my 68 Camaro. Does anyone have any pics of Camaro mirrors on a 1st-gen Camaro? I'm not really sure if they would look good or not. Any info is appreciated.

Tom Welch
04-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Its relatively straight forward. Find the mirror that you like. Modify the base to fit your doors and install from the back side of the door skin with some reinforcement. Some may have a base that installs first then attach the mirror to it. If you dont find any that suit you try these sites; CIPA, Pegasus sport mirrors, Vision Hotrod Concepts

DeepBlue68
04-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the help, Tom. So is it possible to do this with just the interior door panel removed and the glass still in the car? What all needs to be disassembled?

Tom Welch
04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
You may need to remove the door glass and regulator. This will make the job easier anyway. Reassembling the regulator and window is pretty easy, getting the window to go up and down like you want is the hard part, be ready for a lot of adjustments. Patience is the key.