PDA

View Full Version : 65 Impala suspension improvements

csouth
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
My project has come to a standstill, but I'm posting for a friend that needs some advice. Since I have a GM A body I have not done much research on these vehicles. He has a '65 Impala SS, looking to make some nice mods to the suspension. This will be a street rod, but he wants reduced body roll and handling. He knows he will be sacraficing ride comfort, since the car is already rolling on 20x8 Foose Nitrous. Can anyone recommend possible conrol arms, springs, shocks etc? Also any vendors w/ good pricing would be appreciated. Already looked at some of the Global West and Hotchkis offerings. Also performing and LT1 install so any direction on that would be appreciated.

bret
01-28-2010, 11:01 AM
You may take a look at this...

http://www.ridetech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1865&subcats=Y&features_hash=V140.V92

Obviously I am biased, but our 66 Impala drives like a Cadillac and corners like a Corvette. We have [and will have] had it at several Googuys autocrosses in the last few years. Fun car!

csouth
02-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Big thanks to Frank at Prodigy. He got us hooked up with front and rear suspension components from Global West. Thanks Again..