PDA

View Full Version : Psmc 2 rescheduled

JEFFTATE
01-22-2010, 06:21 AM
We will be having the Peach State MuscleCar Challenge 2 , but I'm gonna' have to re-schedule the dates.
There has been a scheduling conflict at the dragstrip.

The format will stay basically the same for this year.

Friday - Dinner and socializing at David's Place..
Saturday - Dragracing and Cruising to the big Canton Cruise.
Sunday - Autocrossing at RedTop Auto Auction.

We "could" change Host Hotels this year ..
There is a new Hilton in Cartersville , right in the middle of the good restaurants ( Longhorn , Red Lobster , Chili's , Applebee's ) and the shopping areas.
Plus, the "historic downtown" area is close by.( The old depot , the square , the historic courthouse , The Booth Western Art Museum which is really cool )
So , we may change hotels .
It depends on the cost / per / room ..

Either David or I will check into it ..

Payton King
01-22-2010, 08:53 AM
I had a blast last year. Looking forward to it again. I may have a few changes to my car by then.

Tucks69
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
If I don't have to work I will be there Jeff!!

David Sloan
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Man i cant wait. It will be good to see you guys again!

HectorM52
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I need some new wheels and I'll be ready!! Maybe some new front shocks too...

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!

protouring70
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey I've been looking for some dates to put down for vacation!!! David and Jeff, ley me know what I can do to help out!!!

JEFFTATE
02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
ATTENTION !!!

We are going to move the PSMC 2 to another month.
There has been a scheduling conflict at the dragstrip..

I don't know the new date yet .

Sorry..
Stay tuned !!

JEFFTATE
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
The dragstrip is having their own event ( A Show and Shine) on the weekend before we had planned to have ours , so our event fell on the "Rain Delay " date .They didn't want us to have that date. That's why I'm rescheduling.

Maybe this will give us more time to make our event better.
Heck , I had even thought about doing two days of AutoCross and just skipping the dragracing.( Like an Autocross Festival )

I also really want to get Bad Penny , Detroit Speed , AirRide , Brian Finch , Payton King , Ron Schwartz , and Andrew Borodin to come this year.
Bill Howell said he is in for all 3 days this year , too . ( Plus Yancy will be bringing the Fairlane )
Anybody got any suggestions ??

Finch
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
The dragstrip is having their own event ( A Show and Shine) on the weekend before we had planned to have ours , so our event fell on the "Rain Delay " date .They didn't want us to have that date. That's why I'm rescheduling.

Maybe this will give us more time to make our event better.
Heck , I had even thought about doing two days of AutoCross and just skipping the dragracing.( Like an Autocross Festival )

I also really want to get Bad Penny , Detroit Speed , AirRide , Brian Finch , Payton King , Ron Schwartz , and Andrew Borodin to come this year.
Bill Howell said he is in for all 3 days this year , too . ( Plus Yancy will be bringing the Fairlane )
Anybody got any suggestions ??

Jeff,

The Bowler Days at the Strip event is scheduled for the weekend of July 16 - 18 so try and work around that if your looking at July.

protouring70
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey I think a 2 day event for autocrossing will be good! Just tell me what you need and I will be there!! Or if you need another location let me know and I can help with that.
Brent

HectorM52
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I would like it if we could find a good dragstrip (on Saturday) that maybe also has a lot big enough to do some auto-x. That way we can get some drags then come and work on our turns at the same place. Would be fun because it would be a day packed with driving - and not much sitting around! Then change the venue for Sunday and do some more auto-x.

If the drags are eliminated I wouldn't be too sad. Maybe a little. I kind of like honing in a good launch. I mean we are driving street vehicles so it would be nice to be able to launch from that stoplight next to that Civic without burning off the tires. (not that it matters, little Civics). So if we change it up to two days of ONLY auto-x that would be cool. We could just average the times and the lowest would be the "winner" of the event.

What's your guys' (the planners: Jelvis, David, etc...) thoughts on moving the event further from NW Georgia? I know it would go away from RKK and Canton (Saturday show) but maybe could expand the amount of parking lots and dragstrips?

HectorM52
02-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Brainerd Optimist Drag Strip (http://www.brainerdracing.com/info.html)
Not a bad choice, is in NW Georgia. You guys know about this place?

HectorM52
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Hmmm...just looked at Brainerd and there isn't much room for anything, let alone auto-x. So that idea is probably out... DOH!

Click on this then click "aerial" and you can see the strip (http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9eXAuZHJhZytzdHJlZXQlMmMrcmluZ2dvbGQlMmMrZ2ElN 2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9MzQuOTk3NzQxOTI5NTAyMyU3ZS0 4NS4xNTU0OTc3ODAxNDI5JTdlMzQuOTU4NjQwMDUzNDY5NCU3Z S04NS4yMzQ5NzY5OTc2NzIy)

JEFFTATE
02-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I've raced at Brainerd Optimist many many times with Jerry Rhodes with his Top Alcohol Funny Car , Dragster , and Pro-Mod ..
That's a great dragstrip , but I don't think they have a place to autocross..
( gravel parking lot all over)

I'd love to dragrace there, though.

protouring70
02-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey Jeff, give me a call if you need any thing or help.
Brent
(770-eight six two three six nine two)

JEFFTATE
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
What about July 4th weekend ???
It's a holiday weekend .
It's the first Saturday of the month , so we can join in on the extremely big and awesome cruise-night in the city of Cartersville.
Sundays autocross would be followed by a fireworks display !!!!

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
great idea Jeff

JEFFTATE
02-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Thanks , it was actually David Sloan's idea.
Also , there aren't any other Pro-Touring events or GoodGuys Events close to our area on that weekend ..( GoodGuys is in Des Moines, Iowa that weekend )
This will be the weekend before the GoodGuys in Columbus , Ohio.
So , it may help if anybody needs practice or a little developement or suspension tuning.. ??

GeoffP
02-16-2010, 05:45 AM
I am going to try my absolute hardest to attend this! It's really a no brainer considering ya'll are only a little over 3 hours drive away from me. The good news is that my IROC will be in pretty good shape, though I may still try to bring both cars. I've been itching to try Auto-X for the last two years, but life kept getting in the way. Looking good for now - I'll be keeping an eye out for solid dates.

RS_Customs
02-19-2010, 08:42 PM
The 4th works for me. Should be a great time again!

Robert

ACR-Mark
02-20-2010, 06:18 AM
The 4th sounds like a great idea to me. The family and I will be in the area visiting with friends, so maybe I'll bring the RX-8 by as a basis for comparison.

wicked68
02-20-2010, 08:09 AM
I wil ltry to be there as well. Anyone up for a cruise up to helen and take over the town for a day?

David Sloan
02-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Just talk to ABC/Red top auto auction, the weekend of the 4 of July is good for them too!
Looks like we are set.
This should be a blast!

2 Days of auto cross = more seat time is always good.:wrc:

God knows i need it:)

JEFFTATE
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I wil ltry to be there as well. Anyone up for a cruise up to helen and take over the town for a day?

David and I will be working on a cruise route this weekend.

Helen is a good idea or destination ..
Dawsonville has the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Museum ...

We will be meeting at David Sloan's place in Canton , Ga. for Friday's cruise .
So , we have to consider how far and scenic the trip would be...
We don't want a 160 mile roundtrip cruise. Maybe 70 or 80 miles roundtrip , but not 160 ..

We may also have a little format change. Like:

Friday before noon - Meet at Davids Shop . Cruise through the scenic N.Ga.Mountains to a cool town (or destination). Eat in a big 'ole banquet room at a restaurant. Cruise back.
Friday night - Party at the hotel or David's Toy Box ( or wherever )

Saturday - Autocross at RedTop Auction.
Saturday evening - Join in the local , huge cruise night in the Historic Cartersville Square.
Saturday night - Party at the hotel or David's Toy Box ( or wherever )

Sunday - Autocross MORE at RedTop Auction.
Sunday evening - fireworks display courtesy of the City of Cartersville ..

David and I are working on a plan.

Thanks everyone..