PDA

View Full Version : Big Brakes with dust seals

xpsled
01-18-2010, 02:27 AM
Hey everyone, I am after some advice on Rear Brakes for my 1965 Ford Falcon.
I am running a Fabricated big bearing Ford 9".

My criteria:

Dust Seals (for registration purposes in Australia, brake calipers MUST have dust seals on the pistons).

Hand Brake Compatible

Big and Flashy!!!!!

Thanks

dipren443
01-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey everyone, I am after some advice on Rear Brakes for my 1965 Ford Falcon.
I am running a Fabricated big bearing Ford 9".

My criteria:

Dust Seals (for registration purposes in Australia, brake calipers MUST have dust seals on the pistons).

Hand Brake Compatible

Big and Flashy!!!!!

Thanks

Well, if you are up for some fab... AP Racing makes a line of street calipers.

gkring
01-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Bolt on kit
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKitsProd.aspx?itemno=140-9219-DR
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/01/14010948_kitlg-1.jpg

Oz69camaro
01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I got these for my camaro, Tobin was very helpful

http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10346-03

gearbanger
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Wilwood doesnt have dust seals do they?

Yoda4561
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
They're listed in the replacement parts for that kit, so I assume they come with them.

edit: They list them as dust boots, not sure if that's the same thing as piston dust seals, I know some wilwood calipers do have dust seals, just that alot of the lightweight calipers don't.

dipren443
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Wilwood doesnt have dust seals do they?

That is my understanding as well.

ProdigyCustoms
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
we are working with a few Austrilian customers with brakes. we are suppling Wilwood, Baer and Brembo, also Stop Tech

gkring
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
That is my understanding as well.

Some do and some don't. Race ones don't due to the fact that they are not needed in a race environment and rubber can melt during hard track use and the temps these things can see. Too many people are buying the cheaper drag type setups for street cars without dust seals leading to the persistant rumor that Wilwoods are "race" only with no dust seals. I am by no means an expert.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/01/Billet_Narrow_Superlite_4lg-1.jpg

gkring
01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
we are working with a few Austrilian customers with brakes. we are suppling Baer and Brembo, also Stop Tech

Frank, does that mean Wilwoods aren't legal in Australia? what are they referring to when they say "dust seals"?

xpsled
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I too was under the misconception that Wilwood did not make brakes with dust seals. However if you go to their website they offer a couple of different calipers with them fitted, which would make them legal in Australia. All modified cars must comply with Australian Design Rules (ADR).
The engineer that is certifying my car will not allow me to run a caliper that does not have piston dust seals.
Im really glad this thread has taken off, lots of good info out there!!!!

xpsled
01-18-2010, 08:28 PM
we are working with a few Austrilian customers with brakes. we are suppling Baer and Brembo, also Stop Tech

Frank I couldnt find anything on your website about brake packages. Would you be able to advise me of what brake packages you have, whether it be Brembo, Wilwood, Baer etc that would fit my criteria and if so how much.
Thanks for your help!!!

ProdigyCustoms
01-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Send me a email with your front spindles and rear axle end type and what size your looking for and I can send you some options.

We are Project Planning and suppling a couple heavy duty projects in Austrailia right now

ProdigyCustoms
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Wilwood does not make a (6) piston yet with dust boot, but they do make a (4) piston Superlite with Dust boots. We even have a set of (4) piston Superlites that have more piston area then the comparable (6) piston brothers.

So yes, We have you convered with Wilwood.

The caliper substitution is something we can handle here. and protect "kit" pricing.

cluxford
01-19-2010, 07:29 PM
I am in Oz...

Shout out for Frank, he has taken good care of me, I shudder to think how much I have spent with him, but absolutely one of the best suppliers in the industry bar none.

He will ensure he understands your needs, provide solid well researched advice and supply quality parts at excellent prices. You really can't ask for much more.