PDA

View Full Version : RideTech Select Series Shocks

darren@ridetech
01-15-2010, 06:32 AM
All right guys, lets here hear it..... Questions, concerns, comments?

http://www.ridetech.com/more/2009/11/15/new-select-series-shocks/

RideTech is pleased to bring the latest in OEM shock technology to the hotrod market with the new RideTech SELECT series of shock dampers. The RideTech Select series is a steel body monotube damper with TWO sets of independent internal valving so you can choose between a soft compliant ride or a firmer “sport mode” for handling performance…all at the touch of a switch!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

The RideTech Select series will be available in a coilover, a ShockWave [airspring], or a stand alone configuration with no surrounding spring. RideTech [formerly known as Air Ride Technologies] has long been known for the ShockWave, a combination airspring and shock absorber. With the new Select Series damper, RideTech is now the ONLY manufacturer able to bring this new electronically selectable valve technology to the coilover customer as well. The Select Series is also available with no coil or airpsring.
The heart of the RideTech Select is two independent sets of electronically controlled valving inside the monotube damper. In default mode [no power applied], the lower valving stack is engaged and provides a very compliant ride to optimize a plush ride quality. When power is applied through a dash mounted control panel, the upper valve stack is engaged to firm up the ride quality and provide extra cornering andhandling performance, or to optimize ride quality when towing or carrying a heavy load such as passengers, luggage or a trailer.
This selectable valve technology has been refined and proven on many OEM vehicles over the past 9 years. RideTech now offers the ultimate solution to the ride quality and handling issues of the hotrod and trailering market… the RideTech SELECT!

Bryce
01-15-2010, 07:03 AM
hey I would be interested in the coilover design. Are these near the performance of a double adjustable?

My 65 falcon requires a 20.5" shock with 7" (sounds like a lot huh?) of travel. Can you give me a quote?

Whats the max spring rate i can put on them?

thedodgeboys
01-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Sound cool what are they pricing out at?

rossmacd
01-17-2010, 12:36 AM
schawing, that's all I ahve to say. Ihave wondered for years when this tech would trickle down to us.

Subscribing

bret
01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
hey I would be interested in the coilover design. Are these near the performance of a double adjustable?

My 65 falcon requires a 20.5" shock with 7" (sounds like a lot huh?) of travel. Can you give me a quote?

Whats the max spring rate i can put on them?

I would have to check if we can do a 7" stroke...I think we can. Coilspring rates up to 700.

The ShockWave version will be $1200 per pair. The coilover version a bit less but I dont have an exact number yet. I'll try to get these answers here asap.

Performance? Certainly the monotube design would allow oil control as good as any racing shock in the world. You will have 2 adjustment settings on this shock, soft and firm. If you are serious about taking your car to the track and doing dedicated testing and tuning and are willing and capable of to tune a multi-adjustable shock to the car and the track, then a 24 position double adjustable Master Series or Titanium Series shock will likely suit your project better than the Select Series because of the wide range of adjustment possibilities. We will have those in a coilover design shortly as well.
If you want a comfortable compliant ride quality while you drive your hotrod down the road and then hit a button to firm it up for the corners [or towing, or whatever] then the Select Series is definately the bomb.

marolf101x
01-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Currently the Select Series are available in our 4 standard sizes: 2.6, 3.5, 4.1, and 5.0-inch strokes. These were developed first and are as close to our original Shockwave shock lengths at they are our most common.

We are working on 6, 7, and 8-inch stroke Select Series shocks. Exact measurements (compressed, extended, and ride height) will be available on our website soon.