PDA

View Full Version : Project Kryptonite (Rupp Take Note)

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I would like to introduce a project I have been working on for the last 4 weeks. This is a customer build and my first paying job so really excited and happy that I was able to find the perfect customer to make my debut.

Normally I do not name my cars but felt it was due for this build. I chose the name Kryptonite for 2 reasons, One is that it will be green and the second is that Superman David Pozzi and Penny better beware :box2:

This is your basic 69 Camaro Pro touring build,

DSE Front Subframe with Remote Reservoir shocks
DSE Quadra Link Rear with Remote Reservoir shocks and sway bar
DSE Mini Tubs
DSE Cross Member
DSE Closeout panel
ZO6 Brakes Front and Rear with DBA rotors and Hawk Pads
LS7 with Trick Flow 235 heads, Fast Intake and big cam
DSE Stainless Tank
Built T56 feeding a 9 inch rear
Rushforth Super Spoke 18X10 front and 18X12 rear
PS2 275/35 and 335/30 tires
CF Hood, Header panel, Cowl, Trunk lid and Spoiler from Anvil
All new sheet metal
Custom Rear tail panel
Fesler Hood Hinges
Fesler Taillights
Marqez front Valance
Full RS grill and DSE conversion
Trunk Floor replaced to run 67 Fuel Tank
Billet Fuel filler from Ride Tech
Custom Full Sheet metal dash with DSE insert
Full Chrome Moly cage with front snout bars
Custom leather interior
Vintage Air Gen IV
Flush Mount Glass from Classic auto glass innovations
Smoked side glass to match rear tint
Narrowed and Tucked front and rear bumpers

The car will be painted Grenade Green with some sort of stripe up top exposing the CF.

The plan is to debut the Car at the Face Off in the Flatlands event so will be a fast paced build.

It is a good thing I work better under pressure as the car I started with should have been crushed due to how bad the rot was.

Here are some early shots after I started back on 12/18.

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:39 AM
First order of business was to start cutting out the bad and replacing metal.

I started with the quarters and outer wheel wells

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Next I peeled the Roof and completed the repairs to the window lip and upper front corners that were ate away from years of living under a vinyl top.

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:48 AM
On goes the new roof and off with the tail panel ending week 1

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
The tail panel received several mods. I welded in the fuel opening from a 67 donor panel as well as a custom insert the customer picked up from a truck tail panel. Once installed I cut in openings for the Exhaust

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Next I moved to the firewall cutting out the entire panel someone had scabbed in some time back. I replaced it with a single piece of 16 ga and also installed new toe kick panels to complete the entire floor replacement. I rolled a new transition to the firewall and fabbed up a new upper tunnel to give the clearance needed for the 6 speed.

Finch
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
At this point I was waiting on new door assemblies as the original doors were wasted and had been covered up with gallons of mud. So I started roughing in the main tub starting with short strand then a skim coat of Rage gold. End of week 2

monza
01-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Nice looking plan and build! Good luck with the time frame.

Normally I do not name my cars but felt it was due for this build. I chose the name Kryptonite for 2 reasons, One is that it will be green and the second is that Superman David Pozzi and Penny better beware :box2:

Regarding that statement, 'Get in Line!' ha ha :enguard:

Finch
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
I had to go out of town for work so lost a week. When I got back the Doors, fenders and all the CF parts were waiting for me. This last week was spent hanging, pulling, welding, grinding, and cussing until all the gaps came in. I fit the Anvil parts and all the metal work is now done. End of week 3 and now we are current.

Finch
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Starting today I will begin roughing in the body work on the doors and fenders. I plan to get it into Epoxy tommorrow or Saturday and start blocking the car out.

Also the Engine and Trans is all assembled and ready to drop in, The front and rear suspension is done and just needs final install, the cage is complete and I only need to bend the snout bars once everything is together, and the dash is all welded in and only needs a little mud to get it ready for paint.

I really need to find some talented friends close by as the 1 man show is tough.

redfire69
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Brian, awesome build so far! Can you work on my car for 2 weeks to get it to this state?!? j/k!! :twothumbs

Draginutz
01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks good. One thing to consider when doing panel alignment and gaps is to put the wieght of the vehicle on the suspension.

CruizinKev
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
nice work so far! looks good! :twothumbs

Finch
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Looks good. One thing to consider when doing panel alignment and gaps is to put the wieght of the vehicle on the suspension.

The Full Cage, DSE Subframes and massive DSE cross member was all put in before starting on the metal work so the car is as stiff as can be. No worries on movement.

Bow Tie 67
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
The Full Cage, DSE Subframes and massive DSE cross member was all put in before starting on the metal work so the car is as stiff as can be. No worries on movement.

Did you do all that work yourself in 3 weeks? When do you sleep? If you have a union job dont answer. :)

preston
01-14-2010, 12:54 PM
When you weld up the door gaps do you use some wire or just glob weld material on there ? Do you use MIG or TIG to do so ?

Do you mind describing your entire process for welding up a body gap ? :)

tones2SS
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Brian, very cool project.:)
A lot of the same items I will be using on my build as well. (When it happens!!) Thanks. Please keep us posted bud.:twothumbs

Fesler built
01-14-2010, 01:19 PM
:twothumbs

Bryce
01-14-2010, 01:23 PM
very cool fast paced project.

Finch
01-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Did you do all that work yourself in 3 weeks? When do you sleep? If you have a union job dont answer. :)

This is where working from home as an IT PM pays off. I get to sneak out from time to time between meetings.

Finch
01-14-2010, 01:32 PM
When you weld up the door gaps do you use some wire or just glob weld material on there ? Do you use MIG or TIG to do so ?

Do you mind describing your entire process for welding up a body gap ? :)

I use a Mig to weld up the ends a stitch at a time keeping the spray bottle close to keep the heat down. On this car I had to grind away the rear lip of the doors which leaves you with 3 pieces of sheet metal to join back together. I keep my welder turned up a bit so the pentration is quick and burns into all 3 pieces. Once I have to a solid weld top to bottom I grind with a 24 grit dics to shape then grind with 80 grit DA followed up with the DA in orbital mode. I did both rear door gaps in 3 hours so does not take long

Smock67
01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Good luck on the build time, looks like your moving quick so far. As far as taking on the Pozzi's and Bad Penny Good luck your going to need it

JEFFTATE
01-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow Brian ..
That's cool.
That looks like what my car will look like when I re-do it ...LOL..
It's a similar build ,to what I eventually want .

LS7's rule !!
Are you gonna' use dry sump or wet sump ?

Finch
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow Brian ..
That's cool.
That looks like what my car will look like when I re-do it ...LOL..
It's a similar build ,to what I eventually want .

LS7's rule !!
Are you gonna' use dry sump or wet sump ?

Wet with a remote oil cooler to keep it simple

JEFFTATE
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Nice

Bad94
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I really need to find some talented friends close by as the 1 man show is tough.

If i was closer, i would help you. Im a bodyman/painter by trade.

(I took a ride in ur 2nd gen camaro at RTTH's)

dropit69
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
damn Brain you are killing it..nice work man..hope guy didnt pay much for the sarter car that thing was roughhhh..keep up the killer work..

Ron S
01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Kinda of cool your first paying customer has a decent budget. Looks like hes putting the best of whats avalible on his sled. She's in good hands, should be a nice peice. Ron

732ndgen
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
in how long:box2::box2:

hotrdblder
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
nice work brian...

Chevrolaine
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Sweet!

trapin
01-15-2010, 06:15 AM
You seem to be making great timing on this one Brian. Nice work.

Wiedo
01-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Brian, your really moving on this project. I have no doubt that you'll make the deadline. If I wasn't 4 hrs away and had the time I'd love to help ya! Wiedo:worship:

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2010, 07:19 AM

If I had a nickle for every time I've heard that... lol

j/k

My goal has always been to make Penny fast, but that doens't mean I think she will be the "fastest". So long as she's competative I'm happy.

Of course that doesn't mean I won't try and spank you and your new fancy "off year" Camaro.. In fact I'm building her a new engine "just for you"

Love,
Steven

(p.s. I will call you about getting the build into our garage section of the magazine)

PhillipM
01-15-2010, 07:55 AM
If I had a nickle for every time I've heard that... lol

j/k

My goal has always been to make Penny fast, but that doens't mean I think she will be the "fastest". So long as she's competative I'm happy.

Of course that doesn't mean I won't try and spank you and your new fancy "off year" Camaro.. In fact I'm building her a new engine "just for you"

Love,
Steven

(p.s. I will call you about getting the build into our garage section of the magazine)

I did see the long list of fancy parts for this build. While those will help, nothing does more for a car then fine tuning. I think that is where Penny is really throwing her weight (or lack of weight) around at the track. Having so many events under her belt just makes her that much more refined.

6'9"Witha69
01-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I did see the long list of fancy parts for this build. While those will help, nothing does more for a car then fine tuning. I think that is where Penny is really throwing her weight (or lack of weight) around at the track. Having so many events under her belt just makes her that much more refined.
My thoughts exactly. And with the Pozzis evaluating and advising the tuning for as long as tehy have, this is one very well sorted out car, that Steve is only making better.

Congrats on the progress Brian. I would really like to see a paint chip, as I can only imagine what "Kryptonite Green" would look like on a car.

preston
01-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the gap tips. In the photos they really look finished well.

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2010, 08:04 AM

What will really help Brian is using the DSE system. DSE has spent a TON of time testing and tuning thier parts. This means they are able to help a customer like Brian get thier car dialed in much quicker compared to a car like Penny that was hobbled together with parts from all over the planet.

This is going to be a cool build and guys like Brian keep me on my toes.

John Wright
01-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Penny appears to be a very predictable car...one where the driver can be confident behind the wheel

I can't get over how some of these build threads progress so quickly...I'm very envious...LOL

wiedemab
01-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Nice work man!

Keep chugging away and you'll have this one ready to roll in no time.

Finch
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
This is going to be a cool build and guys like Brian keep me on my toes.

Thanks Steve, Everyone needs a goal to strive for to help push them to bigger and better things. You and Penny have been in my top 3 for some time now so please keep the heat on.

Vegas69
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
At the end of the day, it's the driver then the car. Tweaking is a huge part of it and that means tweaking to the drivers liking. DSE just makes it that much easier.

Finch
01-15-2010, 10:03 AM
At the end of the day, it's the driver then the car. Tweaking is a huge part of it and that means tweaking to the drivers liking. DSE just makes it that much easier.

Agreed,

Fixing the driver is on the top of my list this year.

Vegas69
01-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Mine too! The lady at Spring Mountain called me yesterday. Supposedly prices are going up next week......FYI

YancyJohns
01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Man, I can't wait for Nebraska! Let the Marvin Comics begin...https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks Steve, Everyone needs a goal to strive for to help push them to bigger and better things. You and Penny have been in my top 3 for some time now so please keep the heat on.

That's why I'm trying to up my 440 aluminum LS build to a 454.. ;)

tazzz25906112
01-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey Brian the build looks awesome and I'm sure that's going to be one hell of a happy customer in the end....

Now as far as Penny goes, that's a really well sorted car,,, Steve however brings up a good point DSE builds some really awesome product....Combine this with my crazy buddy Brian's fabrication capabilities, driving style and track record and I'd guess that Steve your in for a real challenge this year buddy. This is one match I'll be watching personally and can't wait to see the out come.

Finch
01-15-2010, 07:35 PM
That's why I'm trying to up my 440 aluminum LS build to a 454.. ;)

Great, now I have to tell the customer he needs more power.

He did just build a nasty 408 LS motor with Dart heads and a huge Whipple charger. Maybe we swap that in and get this over.

tazzz25906112
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm liking this project more by the minute Brian ;-)

Steve1968LS2
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Great, now I have to tell the customer he needs more power.

He did just build a nasty 408 LS motor with Dart heads and a huge Whipple charger. Maybe we swap that in and get this over.

lol.. yea, we're just like Russia and the US back in the 50s..

By the end of tomorrow Penny will be almost a shell.. then we start the rebuild. Gotta keep the old girl fresh. Like I always say, done is no fun.

Can't wait to see this ride get done, and you know I've already called dibs on shooting it for the magazine.

progoat
01-16-2010, 03:07 AM
This is great nothing like a little trash talking to help fuel the build:enguard: and Looks like there's another Camaro I'm going to love:hail:

Steve1968LS2
01-16-2010, 07:23 AM
This is great nothing like a little trash talking to help fuel the build:enguard: and Looks like there's another Camaro I'm going to love:hail:

Friendly trash talking.. I guess that's the difference with the guys here and some you see. We all compete, but we're in this more for the friendships.

tazzz25906112
01-16-2010, 07:24 AM
^5 100% X2 Steve

MSTSFabbed
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
This thing is amzing! Congrats on your first customer, thats a huge step! I've been following your builds for a awhile and your Stang is my inspiration like Penny is yours! Haha goes full circle. Cant wait for more updates!

progoat
01-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Friendly trash talking.. I guess that's the difference with the guys here and some you see. We all compete, but we're in this more for the friendships.

I know you guys are just having fun Steve,I'm just getting a kick out of it reading the post and thought I'd let you guys know it was intertaining my simple mind:)

Smock67
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Man am I envious of how quickly you progressed in just 3 weeks, hell i've had mine for 3 years and i havent driven it since the first day i got it. Keep those pics coming.

ProdigyCustoms
01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I just found out about this project last night in the chat room, totally missed it.

Congratualtions man. I could not be more happy for you. Looks awesome and I am sure you will make the deadline and perfrorm well, your a great driver.

All I can say is both you and Penny need to watch out at RTTHs! We will have a new toy there. Were not looking for the crown...............were looking to change the way it's done!

Thats all I can say unitl late February!

Hows that for talking ****, LOL! :enguard:

Finch
01-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I just found out about this project last night in the chat room, totally missed it.

Congratualtions man. I could not be more happy for you. Looks awesome and I am sure you will make the deadline and perfrorm well, your a great driver.

All I can say is both you and Penny need to watch out at RTTHs! We will have a new toy there. Were not looking for the crown...............were looking to change the way it's done!

Thats all I can say unitl late February!

Hows that for talking ****, LOL! :enguard:

Nice to have you aboard the trash train Frank... I too am holding some back as this Camaro is just one piece to the Finch domination this year :smoke:

454bug
01-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Wet with a remote oil cooler to keep it simple

Hey Brian,

Congrats on the project! You've got a great start there... :twothumbs

BTW, I just read an article in the March issue of Hot Rod magazine and was surprised there was NO horsepower loss when going from a Dry Sump to Wet Sump on a LS7... The old adage of less windage and rotating mass through the oil making more power doesn't seem to be the case with this motor... In the article there was even a slight HP gain...

It could be different in a racing car instead of on an Engine Dyno but maybe not...

On my project I'm going to attempt to use a wet sump pan with an external cooler and Oil Accumulator setup to ward against the starvation possibility...

Keep up the GREAT work! :1st:

Steve1968LS2
01-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Nice to have you aboard the trash train Frank... I too am holding some back as this Camaro is just one piece to the Finch domination this year :smoke:

You both better stock up on some lube... lol

Finch
01-17-2010, 07:57 AM
I had a memory card failure on my shop camera so lost some of the progress pic's I took the last couple of days.

I have finished up the front end by cutting the front bumper into 5 pieces moving it up and in to fit nice and tight. I deleted the fangs and the license plate recess to give the bumper a smooth and consistant look. This did require making custom bumper brackets to fit the Marquez lower valance so I am curious how other folks handle the installation of the Marquez units.

I also cut up the stock support bracket to clear the lower valance and added a tab to support it as well. The RS grill now fits beautiful and the front end is ready to blow apart and get into primer.

Finch
01-17-2010, 08:14 AM
To work on the driver side of things I signed up for a track day next weekend at the Super Speedway here in Nashville. Should get 2-3 20 minutes sessions running the road course. I will be taking my 71 out on the KDW's to get some more seat time on the street tires and get ready for Faceoff in Nebraska.

tazzz25906112
01-17-2010, 08:28 AM
The front of that Camaro looks killer bud......

Hum-mm seat time,,,, I need to do something about that and I know just the couple to haunt while out west ;-) LOL.... Now paging the driving doctors, I need your help or I'm gonna get my took-ass kicked in this year LOL

ProdigyCustoms
01-17-2010, 09:30 AM
We will be signing up for some driving instruction as that is our weakest area. Absolutly will have a LOT more car then drivers.

protouring70
01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey Jeff Tate, when I was first looking I thought maybe you were finally doing your car! I just didn't know how big of a lottery you won!!HAHA

Finch, the car is looking incredible!!! Keep up the good work!

Finch
01-17-2010, 11:09 AM
The more car than driver seems to be the common theme around here. You take a driver like Ryan Mathews from DSE and I bet he can jump in any one of our rides and lay down a better time within 2 laps even if he has never been in the car before. Talent is king.

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2010, 11:11 AM
This did require making cutom bumper brackets to fit the Marquez lower valance so I am curious how other folks handle the installation of the Marquez units.

Call D!ck over at BOS.. they installed the piece on Matt Alcala's '69 Camaro. I'm sure he could tell you how they dealt with it :)

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2010, 11:12 AM
To work on the driver side of things I signed up for a track day next weekend at the Super Speedway here in Nashville. Should get 2-3 20 minutes sessions running the road course. I will be taking my 71 out on the KDW's to get some more seat time on the street tires and get ready for Faceoff in Nebraska.

Sweet.. I will be practicing at Buttonwillow in late March. Did DSE ever finalize the treadwear deal for that event?

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2010, 11:15 AM
The more car than driver seems to be the common theme around here. You take a driver like Ryan Mathews from DSE and I bet he can jump in any one of our rides and lay down a better time within 2 laps even if he has never been in the car before. Talent is king.

True.. but to be honest I would rather have my car better than I am since it helps stop "over driving".

And driver skill let's a car get pushed to it's potential. It's why a Stielow, Mathews, or Pozzi will always drive our cars better than those of use who only occasionally hit the track.

All the top 5 finishers at the Optima were pro's .. well David Pozzi isn't a pro, but he's is a VERY experienced amature. You get the idea :)

Finch
01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Did DSE ever finalize the treadwear deal for that event?

Not that I heard...I will give Kyle a call this week

ProdigyCustoms
01-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Now getting some people to recognize, or admit they have more car then driver is a trick.

Finch
01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
All the top 5 finishers at the Optima were pro's .. well David Pozzi isn't a pro, but he's is a VERY experienced amature. You get the idea :)

That is why I was happy with coming in 6th....I guess I was first place of the nobody's. :thankyou:

tazzz25906112
01-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Now getting some people to recognize, or admit they have more car then driver is a trick.

True Frank, but these events really separate the men from the boys that way.....

It's also cool to state and be comfortable with what you are,,, and then just get on with the learning curve. When guys figure that part out then they really start having fun with the gang because it's all about fun (and learning too) in the end....

Finch
01-17-2010, 11:28 AM

There was 2 reasons I copied the DSE 2nd gen when I built mine. One was to know I had more car than driver and two was to have a gauge to compare my driving abilities and know when I was making improvements.

If I can continue to close the gap between Kyle and my times then I know I am getting better.

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Not me.. I know my limitations.. lol

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2010, 12:23 PM
That is why I was happy with coming in 6th....I guess I was first place of the nobody's. :thankyou:
Yea, my team was only half nobodys... lol

Still ticks me off about that stupid PS pump.. at least there's next season.

Hope they ditch the 40 treadwear deal, 100 should be the min since that's still a real street tire.

redfire69
01-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I have finished up the front end by cutting the front bumper into 5 pieces moving it up and in to fit nice and tight. I deleted the fangs and the license plate recess to give the bumper a smooth and consistant look. This did require making custom bumper brackets to fit the Marquez lower valance so I am curious how other folks handle the installation of the Marquez units.

Looks good. I did custom brackets as well.

RJ66
01-17-2010, 02:22 PM
The project looks great Brian, look forward to see it in person in the future. When is expected completion date? What color green are you using?

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
[email protected]
1-262-347-9741

transformationhotrods
01-19-2010, 08:12 PM
cool new project keep up the good work.brian,eureka,ca.

Richio1
01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Yea, looks like its gonna be a sweet ride tearin up the track. Cant wait to see more pics.

John Wright
01-22-2010, 04:51 AM
I thought that was what the gravel traps were for...LOL

WS6
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Man I wish i could do panel work like that. How did you learn Brian by just doing it?

Car looks great. I like the front and rear changes

Finch
01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Yea, my team was only half nobodys... lol

Still ticks me off about that stupid PS pump.. at least there's next season.

Hope they ditch the 40 treadwear deal, 100 should be the min since that's still a real street tire.

Looks like 200 will be the number going forward.

Finch
01-22-2010, 09:10 AM
The project looks great Brian, look forward to see it in person in the future. When is expected completion date? What color green are you using?

Randy(D&Z Customs LLC.)
[email protected]
1-262-347-9741

The car will debut at the Faceoff event April 30. The color is called Grenade Green and is a factory Hummer color.

Finch
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Man I wish i could do panel work like that. How did you learn Brian by just doing it?

Car looks great. I like the front and rear changes

The only way to learn is to dive in head first. Fear is what holds most people back.

Finch
01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Been goofing off a few days this week and spent Saturday at the track so decided to get back on this build today.

Prepped and layed down 2 coats of Epoxy followed by 2 coats of high build on the fenders, doors, valance and lower front corners. Will put the main tub in primer next week when I get back from the Optima Premier.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35639&stc=1&d=1264385462

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35640&stc=1&d=1264385462

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35641&stc=1&d=1264385462

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35642&stc=1&d=1264385462

CruizinKev
01-24-2010, 09:06 PM
nice progress! :twothumbs

SLAMDIMPALA
01-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Is the car painted yet Brian? Any updates?

zbugger
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
I doubt it. He's been in L.A. for the last week at the Optima premier. Maybe next week?

BA.
01-30-2010, 09:58 PM
5 pages and not a single rendering! what is this world coming to?

j/k - looks like some great work. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

tazzz25906112
01-31-2010, 10:21 AM

j/k - looks like some great work. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I'd like to render my butt into Brian's position already,,,, man have I got some catching up to do LOL....

Congrats Brian your knocking it out of the park again pal,,,, looking good bud.

Finch
01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Finally got the main tub in Epoxy then followed that up with 2 coats of high build. Things should progress quickly now and I will be looking for a decent weather day in the next few weeks to lay the color and clear. Does not have to be 60 just not 18 as my heater can only compensate for so much with the amount of air the booth moves.

I will now block everything with 180 grit followed with another coat of high build, then 220 and more primer ,then 320. Once I have it at that stage I will reduce some Epoxy by 10% or so and shoot a nice wet sealer coat. That will get wet sanded with 600 then the base can go on.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35830&stc=1&d=1264997274

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35831&stc=1&d=1264997274

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35832&stc=1&d=1264997274

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35833&stc=1&d=1264997274

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35834&stc=1&d=1264997274

tazzz25906112
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Looking way cool Brian.... keep up the good work (and incredible pace I mite add buddy)...:1st:

Finch
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM

If I build the car fast enough it will be done before the rendering.....

Finch
01-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Looking way cool Brian.... keep up the good work (and incredible pace I mite add buddy)...:1st:

Thanks Albert, When we going to see some update pic's of Warpath?

1969rs
01-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Nice job! Can't wait to see it with the color..

Vegas69
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Looking really good man.:usa:

David Sloan
02-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Looks Killer Brian!

I like the door cart idea, May have to use that one. We have been using some old engine stands for doors, they work well but take up more room.
Thanks for sharing

protouring70
02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
The back end is sweet looking!!

John Wright
02-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Wow...you are moving right along...great job!

OLDFLM
02-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Dash is going to be cool too! Great progress my friend!

John Wright
02-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Dash is going to be cool too! I thought the same thing....very neat!

gofastwclass
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
You weren't kidding when you said you started with what should have been crushed. I've seen worse restored but you definitely had your work cut out for you!

Great job, I can't wait to see the finished product!

transformationhotrods
02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
looking good keep up the good work,i cant believe a guy like you cant keep the shop warm somehow.its only tennnesse.GEEZ.

Danny Thomas
02-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Brian,,looking good,, call me or pm when you want me to come and help out..thought of coming last 2 weekends but snow sucks..esp accross plateau. Are you and Nicole going out to RTTC?

TBART70
02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Impressive! Wish I had that talent.

jon72vega
02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting to see it in color.

Motown 454
02-13-2010, 04:06 PM
It looks great nice work. The dash is going to be great.

crustysack
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
nice project and great progress and super documentation- keep it coming

Steve1968LS2
02-14-2010, 05:51 PM
keeping an eye on this thread ;)

Finch
02-14-2010, 09:24 PM
keeping an eye on this thread ;)

I get the hint,

I felt I was far enough ahead on this build to shift focus for just a bit so I pushed the Camaro aside and spent the last 2 weeks working on the vette project as I need to have it done by May 1 as well. I may start another thread just for it but for now here is a couple shots. I completed all the rough in body work (which was no easy task on these cars) and shot 2 coats of Clausens All U need Poly primer over the whole car. Now it is ready to start the final primer/block sanding stage along with the Camaro.

I also ordered up some new wheels from Jason Rushforth (Thanks Jason for the hookup) which will set this thing off. Some awesome suspension goodies are coming soon from my good friends at Ridetech along with a possible engine swap for a little more go.

There is a special mod to the rear of the car, see if you can figure out what is different......

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36208&stc=1&d=1266211114

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36209&stc=1&d=1266211114

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36210&stc=1&d=1266211114

I did get back on the 69 this weekend and blocked out the entire car with 180 fixing a few minor spots along the way. It is back in the booth for the next coat of epoxy then high build. Should only take a few more full days to have it ready for paint so targeting the weekend of 2/27 to lay the color.

Here are couple shots, not much to see at this stage.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36211&stc=1&d=1266211114

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36212&stc=1&d=1266211114

David Sloan
02-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the up dates Brian.

Ron S
02-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Always loved that Vette, was thinking this may be the only car with the potential to be a Cobra slayer. Don't know exactly what the weight is on that car, but its got to be a fair amount lighter then the Camaro. Too many cars Brian!! Its hard to stay focused!! LOL

Finch
02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Always loved that Vette, was thinking this may be the only car with the potential to be a Cobra slayer. Don't know exactly what the weight is on that car, but its got to be a fair amount lighter then the Camaro. Too many cars Brian!! Its hard to stay focused!! LOL

The vette weighs in at 2662 without the door glass and bumpers so will go up a tad in the end. To compensate will be adding another 80+ HP and going with 285/18 tires on all 4 corners.

tazzz25906112
02-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Dam buddy that is light..... Looking great so far I gotta say pal your amazing doing both at once and holding down a full time job to- boot!!!!!

^5 to my buddy,,,,, we're gonna have to start calling him "Blurrr" in the Rat Pack cause this guy moves like no other LOL......

CruizinKev
02-15-2010, 09:11 AM
There is a special mod to the rear of the car, see if you can figure out what is different......
filler cap removed?

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Dam buddy that is light..... Looking great so far I gotta say pal your amazing doing both at once and holding down a full time job to- boot!!!!!

^5 to my buddy,,,,, we're gonna have to start calling him "Blurrr" in the Rat Pack cause this guy moves like no other LOL......

I am soooo ready for both of these to be done so we can get to some racing. Been a long cold winter and it is snowing here again today, Good thing we have global warming or we would really be in trouble.

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:26 AM
filler cap removed?

You got it right away...

The factory filler was not very attractive and the vented gas caps were not made for agressive cornering so had some fuel slosh which makes a mess.

If you look to the left you can see the new hole for the filler. This should be the first use of the Ridetech 67 Camaro gas filler kit on a corvette. Came out really nice and adds a bit of race styling to the car.

bonecrrusher
02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Question... you said your an IT manager... do you have a paint booth at your house? Or do you work out of a shop?

Nice KDW2's....

There really nice on my C6 and a hell of a lot quieter then the Goodyear Runcraps...

Matt@BOS
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I too will be watching this build, especially now that it will be coming back together soon.

As Steve mentioned a couple pages back, if you ever need any help about the bumper mounts and modifications with the Marquez valance, don't hesitate to ask.

Matt

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Question... you said your an IT manager... do you have a paint booth at your house? Or do you work out of a shop?

Nice KDW2's....

There really nice on my C6 and a hell of a lot quieter then the Goodyear Runcraps...

I have a 40X54 shop at my house and I built a 14 X 24 booth inside of it.

I love the KDW's but they are coming off for some PS2's to get that extra little bit at all the events. If Steve Rupp does not stop improving Penny I am going to go broke

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I too will be watching this build, especially now that it will be coming back together soon.

As Steve mentioned a couple pages back, if you ever need any help about the bumper mounts and modifications with the Marquez valance, don't hesitate to ask.

Matt

Thanks for the offer but I figured it out and made some out of the factory brackets. You would think they would at least lead you in the right direction on those things.

Finch
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Quick update for those keeping track. Layed a full coat of Epoxy over the entire car at lunch followed by 2 coats of 2k this afternoon so will be ready to block it out with 220 tomorrow.

Also on the vette the car is 80% blocked out in 180 and should get the second coat of Polyester primer tomorrow and be in epoxy by the weekend. Plan to shoot it the week of 3/1 as I have another track day at the super speedway on 3/6 and need to have it cleared by then so I can relax and drive fast

dropit69
02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
looking good Brain..did you get my pm ??

yerfttam
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Nice work, finchy. Guess you learned a thing or two by welding on my jeep in the gravel. ;)

tazzz25906112
02-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Quick update for those keeping track. Layed a full coat of Epoxy over the entire car at lunch followed by 2 coats of 2k this afternoon so will be ready to block it out with 220 tomorrow.

Also on the vette the car is 80% blocked out in 180 and should get the second coat of Polyester primer tomorrow and be in epoxy by the weekend. Plan to shoot it the week of 3/1 as I have another track day at the super speedway on 3/6 and need to have it cleared by then so I can relax and drive fast

Awesome Brian, your pace is incredible buddy.... My hats off to you,, I just wanted to say hey and congrats on the progress, gotta run off to my Ants Funeral.

Finch
03-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Finally getting around to posting some updates. I painted the Cage, Dash and Firewall in a satin black and sprayed some bedliner on the floors.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36592&stc=1&d=1267562800

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36594&stc=1&d=1267562800

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36595&stc=1&d=1267562890

While I have been busy on the body and paint the owner installed the engine and trans in the subframe and has the rear end powder coated and ready to drop in.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36596&stc=1&d=1267563058

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36597&stc=1&d=1267563058

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36598&stc=1&d=1267563058

Finch
03-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Now onto the good stuff. After wet sanding the final epoxy coat with 600 I layed down 3 coats of color and 4 coats of clear. I should have everything shot by the end of next weekend and assembly can begin.

Grenade Green...

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36602&stc=1&d=1267563375

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36603&stc=1&d=1267563375

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36604&stc=1&d=1267563375

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36605&stc=1&d=1267563378

Bow Tie 67
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I love the smell of fresh paint. Great progress Brian

Al Moreno
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Very nice color, congrats on the progress and thanks for posting :twothumbs

wiedemab
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I really like that color.

Nice work as always....

baggins
03-03-2010, 07:14 PM
what type of bedliner did you use? raptor?

Finch
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
what type of bedliner did you use? raptor?

Herculiner

baggins
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
did you spray it on and does it dry hard? also does it deaden sound at all?

Finch
03-03-2010, 10:02 PM
did you spray it on and does it dry hard? also does it deaden sound at all?

I sprayed it with a gun they sell at Napa to use with the Hurculiner. It dries hard and seals well. There is some sound deadening with it but cannot say if it is any better or worse than products like lizard skin. I have both products on different cars and cannot tell the diff.

zbugger
03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Brian, that looks awesome. I can't wait to see the car come together. You're doing some incredible work in a short amount of time. Awesome work.

67SSDan
03-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Awesome project!

WS6
03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Great color choice!

Motown 454
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Great progress.

baggins
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
thanks

ProdigyCustoms
03-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I love the KDW's but they are coming off for some PS2's to get that extra little bit at all the events.

Car is looking great man.

FYI, BFG / Michelin came to our shop and visted us a couple weeks ago. Did you know PS2s and KDWs are made at the same plant. I will let you do the rest of the math.

Lets just say I would not tose the KDWs!

Steve1968LS2
03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Car is looking great man.

FYI, BFG / Michelin came to our shop and visted us a couple weeks ago. Did you know PS2s and KDWs are made at the same plant. I will let you do the rest of the math.

Lets just say I would not toss the KDWs!

Yea, same plant and from what I know that same compound.. However, the construction and of course tread pattern is vastly different.

Both are great tires..

Finch
03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
sorry for the slow upates. Progress has been being made though

Car is all painted and the Front and rear suspension is in. The owner started installing the gauges and they look killer against the black. He made a very good choice on those.

Will hang the doors tonight and the wiring will begin. should be at the interior shop within a week or two.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36767&stc=1&d=1268336364

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36768&stc=1&d=1268336364

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36769&stc=1&d=1268336364

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36770&stc=1&d=1268336758

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36771&stc=1&d=1268336758

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36772&stc=1&d=1268338399

John Wright
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Wow!

monteboy84
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
That color is awesome, looking great.

OLDFLM
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
WHAT!?! It's not done yet? Come on Brian, it's been almost two months since you started this project! LOL :poke:

Looks INCREDIBLE my friend!!!! :twothumbs

Finch
03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
WHAT!?! It's not done yet? Come on Brian, it's been almost two months since you started this project! LOL :poke:

Looks INCREDIBLE my friend!!!! :twothumbs

I know I know, I spent over 3 weeks working on other cars, going to LA and running my cars at the track so I am behind. I dont see any problems having it ready for the Faceoff event. I am going to get back on the vette now to get it done for the next event.......

OLDFLM
03-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I know I know, I spent over 3 weeks working on other cars, going to LA and running my cars at the track so I am behind. I dont see any problems having it ready for the Faceoff event. I am going to get back on the vette now to get it done for the next event.......

You KNOW I'm just kidding my friend!! Amazing progress!!! Even if you were doing this car full time without anything else going on!
Love the green with the black centered SuperSpokes too btw!

CruizinKev
03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
:drool:

Bryce
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I like the dash!

wiedemab
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Not to sidetrack the thread, but what's up with the Lincoln in the background!!!! Looks like it has some potential!

jon72vega
03-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Love the color!

130fe
03-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Great progress Brian! A question about the shifter location, is it really that far forward or just the angle the picture was taken? Just looks more forward than normal. Thanks for the updates.

Finch
03-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Not to sidetrack the thread, but what's up with the Lincoln in the background!!!! Looks like it has some potential!

Thats my next Optima car

Steve1968LS2
03-12-2010, 07:53 AM
How about a shot like the fouth one but showing the WHOLE car?

You know what I'm lookin' for :)

Finch
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
How about a shot like the fouth one but showing the WHOLE car?

You know what I'm lookin' for :)

I have the doors on it now and will take a shot for you.

732ndgen
03-12-2010, 02:21 PM
:yum:mad skills.

Rybar
03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Looks killer Brian, what rear end are you running in this build?

tazzz25906112
03-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Awesome good buddy,,,,, I like that color too.

strtcar
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Finch, are you the guy who built that 4.6 DOHC Mustang Coupe that was on the cover of PHR? I remember reading that story and thinking there was hope for my coupe.

Finch
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Finch, are you the guy who built that 4.6 DOHC Mustang Coupe that was on the cover of PHR? I remember reading that story and thinking there was hope for my coupe.

I am the same, the one, the only Finch

Finch
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Looks killer Brian, what rear end are you running in this build?

It is a Fab 9 housing with alum center, 3:89 gears on a tru trac

dmc69
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36768&d=1268336364

I think im in love....

kttrucks
03-29-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone work as fast as Brian.... we had him on TRUCKS! last week with a bunch of other guys getting a project ready for paint.... the guy's a MACHINE! It's like there's a fire under his a$$ or something ! LOL! Brian, this build is tight! Nice touch on the custom accents; not too "in your face"... still Camaro, but nicely customized.

When does it debut at an event?

Nice work my friend!

KT.

1bad87ss
03-29-2010, 05:28 AM
That color is just clean...Love it.

oestek
03-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Awesome project Brian! You're doing great work as usual, and thanks for the update pics. This one is one of my favorite of all time... love how the bottle is in the foreground and the reflection!

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36605&stc=1&d=1267563378

stealth71
03-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Cool projects. Any info on how you built the booth? What kind of fans are you using? Dreaming about a shop one day.

Finch
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I am doing the 3 inch stainless exhaust today and will post some update photo's tonight on the car. should fire it today or tomorrow and off to the interior guy on Wed for the final stretch.

It is coming out better than expected

454bug
03-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Very nice, Brian, VERY NICE!!! :1st:

dropit69
03-29-2010, 10:25 AM
ok thats it im sending my 69 dynacorn your way ..your just too fast and good at it..damn that came out killer !!!!!!!

Ron S
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
That thing is really tastefully done, keep up the good work Brian. Ron

protouring70
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Man I love green!! It can be one of the cleanest colors! Beautiful car!!

BuddyP
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
2 months? I've been working on mine for going on 6 years with little to show for.

Threads like this make me want to go on a shopping spree and max out the credit card.

Finch
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Took a little break and let Kevin crack the whip on the set of Trucks TV all last week so not much happened on the build.

Here are some recent pic's. The sheet metal is all hung and the car is 90% wired and ready to fire.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37123&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37124&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37125&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37126&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37127&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37128&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37129&stc=1&d=1269902043

hotrdblder
03-29-2010, 04:06 PM
nice work brian!!!

Bjkadron
03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh wow! It looks a LOT better in the sunlight! Nice work!

Bad94
03-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Looks great.

Why didnt you go with a DSE booster and master cylinder set up?

WILWAXU
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Great looking work!

srh3trinity
03-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow, that car went together at light speed. Love the color

baggins
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
just curious, what kind of paint was used on the cage and dash?

Jon69RagTop
03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Brian

That car is killer, nice job. Can you figure out why I'm partial to the color?

LS3 Transplant.

WEAVER
03-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Great job

Finch
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
just curious, what kind of paint was used on the cage and dash?

Eastwoods satin ceramic chassis black. I have used it on the last 4 cars and have had good results with it.

CruizinKev
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
wow looks great :twothumbs

OLDFLM
03-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Lovin' the green/black contrast! Gonna look SICK against that carbon fiber hood Brian!! :cool:

John Wright
03-30-2010, 05:36 AM
<mopping up the drool>....Very nicely done.

tones2SS
03-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Looks awesome Brian.
I like the color.

Motown 454
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Your car looks great real nice work.

67SSDan
03-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Dude that's turning out great! Keep the updates flowing like Coronas.

Dan

1969rs
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Beautiful car Brian. I don't see how you do that quality of work in such a short time. Incredible!

deviousz28
06-15-2010, 07:34 AM
sorry for the slow upates. Progress has been being made though

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36772&stc=1&d=1268338399

That dash style looks familiar. Did you build the one in Mark's silver Whipple car also?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/06/6413-1.jpg

Finch
06-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I have not done anything yet on the silver car but will soon as we are adding some carbon treatments to it that I will be putting in satin to change it up a bit. The 408 with the whipple was also removed and a nice sturdy LS3 was dropped in to replace it.

On the green car the rough sheetmetal work for the dash was already done when it came to me, I just finished it and made it look pretty.

redfire69
06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Anymore finished pics on the green car? Did you leave the Anvil parts clear as received or did you go over them? Thanks!

bonecrrusher
06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Saw you tearing up the Autox in Birmingham on the Tour, that Mustang sounded/looked awesome!

Bad94
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Brian, did you figure out what all the white smoke was and oil being pushed out was?

Finch
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Brian, did you figure out what all the white smoke was and oil being pushed out was?

Cracked #7 sleeve. New block is here and waiting on some better pistons that should arrive tomorrow. Apparantly we are not the only ones to have had this issue on the early LS7's.

Finch
06-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Anymore finished pics on the green car? Did you leave the Anvil parts clear as received or did you go over them? Thanks!

Just wetsanded and cut and buff

PhillipM
06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Looking awesome.

Bad94
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Cracked #7 sleeve. New block is here and waiting on some better pistons that should arrive tomorrow. Apparantly we are not the only ones to have had this issue on the early LS7's.

That sucks. Glad that the bottom end is ok.

ModernMuseum
06-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Very nice ride.

May I ask why you went with a vacuum booster as opposed to a hydraulic setup? What vacuum booster is that?

72mach1
06-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Beautiful car. Can't wait to see the pictures with the paint done.

compos mentis
06-29-2010, 07:56 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37123&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37124&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37125&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37126&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37127&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37128&stc=1&d=1269901905

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37129&stc=1&d=1269902043

Green is good.

camcojb
06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Brian, beautiful work. I'm not usually a fan of green, but that one works. Great job.......... :twothumbs

Jody

DFRESH
06-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Can't believe I missed this thread until now----car looks awesome bro---you got skills man---impressive for sure. Love the color and how clean the car looks. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Doug

BossaNova
06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I also LOVE the green!

instro84
06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
man thats a nice car, come finish my buick while i'm laid up.

David Pozzi
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Finch, that's looking great! nice work.
David

Finch
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I have been waiting to try and take some nice shots of the car to show the finish product for those who have not seen it first hand. Here are a few not so good shots I took so dont blame the car....

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39126&stc=1&d=1278022073

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39127&stc=1&d=1278022073

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39128&stc=1&d=1278022073

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39129&stc=1&d=1278022073

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39130&stc=1&d=1278022073

454bug
07-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks GREAT Brian!! :1st:

Greg from Aus
07-01-2010, 07:39 PM
One very sweet ride, Congratulations on such a fine build.

Greg

DFRESH
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Home run brother---that thing is so sweet!! Love that color--looks so good on that car--one of the best fo sure!!

Doug

progoat
07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Man that thing is SICK! love the green:twothumbs

John Wright
07-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Here are a few not so good shots I took

I disagree, I think the pics look great, and so does the car. as another poster stated..... "homerun"

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-02-2010, 04:27 AM
I really like this car.. even Superman would be scared.

Payton King
07-02-2010, 04:35 AM
I really like the the body and bumper mods. Very clean

Finch
07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. It came out really nice for just a couple guys working out of a shop behind their houses. Timeline was crazy agressive but we showed it can be done. I can only imagine how much faster we could have been if we did this full time vs nights and weekends.

Up next Mark has picked up a 70 or 71 Nova we plan to do this fall and winter. We are already tossing around some wild ideas so really looking forward to getting started. Will be another not so normal color.

BossaNova
09-20-2010, 10:48 AM
I saw this car in person at RTTH.
I know you've heard it before but pictures do not do this car justice.
I could have stared at this car for hours.
Unbelievable work, Brian.

Bjkadron
09-21-2010, 05:43 AM
I saw this car in person at RTTH.
I know you've heard it before but pictures do not do this car justice.
I could have stared at this car for hours.
Unbelievable work, Brian.

I agree! And not only did it Look good. It RAN! The owner was gracious enough to give me a ride during the autocross! Great Job! And thank you for the ride.

MattG
09-21-2010, 06:03 AM
I really like how the carbon fiber blends in with the paint, very subtle.

The tail pipes are another favorite...

Great car with a great color!!!

compos mentis
09-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Congrats Brian. :twothumbs

I'd like to see closeups of the console and dash area when you get a chance.

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2010, 06:35 AM
The car is very nice in person and the changes are subtle and really add to the overall car.

Very nice build and it does pretty damn good on the autox..

Hopefully it can come out here this March :)

bonecrrusher
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Brian - it was nice meeting you this weekend.

Here's some pics I captured this weekend:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC05423-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC05431-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC05425-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC05424-1.jpg

GHOSTDANCER
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Those are some great photos. Car turned out great. ENJOY :cheers:

formula98
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Brian,
Great build! I just spent most of the day going through this post. I'm amazed at how quickly you put this together. I can't wait to see your next project.

DreamSpeedPerf.
09-22-2010, 01:18 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/09/DSC05425-1.jpg

this pic gave me goose bumps :)

tommycomfort
09-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Wow, I can't believe I have missed this build thread until now. Having seen the car in person and knowing you and Mark makes the car that much better! Excellent!!!
Tom

icemanrd19
03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
im sure people are going to want to see this thread since this car is on R U faster than a redneck.

how is your master cylinder and booster combo working out with the corvette brakes?

deviousz28
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
I couldn't help but laugh when he called the car the green grenade, most appropriately named car ever.

KnightMare
03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow that looks great

GeoffP
03-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks for bringing this forward - hate that a bunch of the pictures are gone though.

cornfedbill
03-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Nice ride! Great work!