PDA

View Full Version : custom 54 chevy truck

wickid demon
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I have been in to drag racing since I was 9 years old, and my dad has always built show cars. So my whole life I have wrenched on my dad’s cars he has built and cars I have raced. Until last year when I decided to give up drag racing and build me one than can actually turn around on a 12 lane freeway. So enough of about my history, I ran across a 54 Chevy truck that is in good shape with very minor rust. The planes are to build it to flat out hall ass. The body work has already begun list of modifications.

6” stretch thru the doors
2” chop with laid back windshield
Raise the running boards to the bottom of the cab so I can get it as low as I can to the ground. With doing that I will raise the bed up the equal distance to close the big gap that these trucks have behind the bed. Also sectioned the front fenders so everything lines up
Shave the vent on the passenger side but thinking about keeping the door handles don’t know yet.
I have an lq4 motor that will be built to hopefully push around the 900 HP. Area
4L80 Trans to back it up and would like to do manual valve body with paddle shift we will see.
Still wondering on rear end defiantly triangulated 4link not IRS
Looking for advice on front suspension
So I hope y’all enjoy the truck build as much as I will. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I can't figure out why the pics wont atttach as soon as i can i will get them up

CruizinKev
01-12-2010, 09:25 PM
sound like a awesome project! can't wait to see some pics! :twothumbs
btw for pics www.photobucket.com is your friend :)

wickid demon
01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
I know my wife use all these fancy photo editing programs and I try to get in there to down size it so I can load them. All of sudden all the truck pics are like they got a spell caste on them by a Indian witch doctor and shrinks them.

wickid demon
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Here is a photoshop of what the cab should look like

jackfrost
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
sweet project. those 50's Chevy trucks are growing on me every day.

SDS MACHINING
01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Definitely cool, love those 50's chev trucks:headbang:

wickid demon
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I appreciate it guys I will try to get pics of the body work I have done so far. Wont have the body to work with this weekend going to the media blaster tomorrow. Once I get it back I will start working on putting all the patch panels and floor back in it. Then it will be time to start prepping for the frame. I am building a frame table to setup ride heights and all the other goodies that go along with it.

N2TRUX
08-14-2010, 06:45 AM
That photoshop looks like a lot more than a 2" chop.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35351&d=1263361574

Motown 454
08-14-2010, 07:58 PM
I love it. sweet project.

nebdrummer
08-15-2010, 07:29 PM
so what are your plans with the LQ4 motor?

im still tossing up the idea of doing the ls style motors for my next build, but my goal is 600 wheel on pump gas and 750ish wheel on race. 80mm BW in a mid mount setup!

ill be keeping an eye on this one for sure! get some pictures up NOW!!!.