PDA

View Full Version : Gingerman Track Day May 24 (Chicago/Detroit)

BB69
04-18-2005, 04:58 AM
All,
A friend I work with is organizing a track day at Gingerman May 24. The agreement has been signed, so we are going rain or shine. The goal is between 30-40 cars split into four groups. This will be mostly street cars, but there is already a group of dedicated race cars forming up. If that group gets large enough, they will be put into their own group with open passing. For everything else, please see the details below.

If you go, please send Dave an email and let him know where you saw this, so he knows who you are. Also, please post a quick note here. It would be great to meet some of the people here and see some PT cars. Right now, it doesn't look like my Camaro will be back together, but I will have my Vette and SRT4.

Ken

I have reserved Tuesday May 24th. Here is a schedule of the day:

7:00am Gate's Open
7:45am-8:15am Driver's Meeting (Discuss safety and rules)
8:30am- 5:30pm Track is open

Every 15 minutes a new group of cars will go onto the track. There will be 3-4 groups total with 10 cars or less in each group.
The cost will be between $75-$140 depending on the number of people attending.

Anyone who wants to attend must send me an email confirming they are going to attend. This is going to be on a first come first serve basis. I also need to know what type of car you will be driving and what sort of track experience you have if any. We are going to use this information to create the groups based on skill level and car performance. In addition I will need a $75 deposit by April 29th. If I do not receive your deposit by May 1st then you forfeit your place in line. The remaining amount will be due on Tuesday May 24th.

Send your deposit to:

David Hurlbert
7129 Belle Meade Ct
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

or paypal account:

[email protected]

Here is a list of some general rules and tips:

-Any car with seat belts is allowed, no trucks, SUV's, or motorcycles (convertibles must have rollbars).
-Snell 95 or newer helmet. (None will be available to rent) If you do not have a helmet ask around
-Have fresh oil in your car. Bring extra oil, coolant, and brake fluid.
-Have enough money for 2-3 tanks of gas. A gas station is about 2 miles from the track.
-Either bring food to eat or bring money to buy food. There is food available for purchase at the track along with several restaurants close by.
-The track will be open rain or shine. No refunds will be given if it rains.
-No passing will be allowed in the turns, and the driver in front of you must signal that you may pass. This is for everyone's safety.
-No riders will be allowed unless you are a certified driver, instructor, or club racer.

For more track information visit:

www.gingermanraceway.com

If any one has any questions feel free to call or email me. I have been to many track events at Gingerman and will hopefully be able to answer your questions.
Also feel free to invite anyone else who would like to drive, or spectate.

Thanks,
Dave

CAMAROBOY69
04-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Wow finally a race in my area of the world! Thats next month too. Man I will really do whatever I can to get my car ready for that. Even if I cant compete with anyone, it has been a dream of mine to get my car onto a track. I will keep checking out all the information and get back with you. I almost didnt see this. I will send you a PM so we can discuss this.
I just checked the map and that track is just over an hour from my house!!! :D

BB69
04-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Adam,
I just sent you a PM. I will give you a call. Most of the people coming are not hard core racers, just people that want to actually drive their cars in a safe environment. Don't worry about being beat, just worry about having some fun.

Ken

Salt Racer
04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
People, take this opportunity. The price is very good, and lots of track time.

There's plenty of room to spin out - it's much safer than racing a kid in a lowered Honda on two-lane highway, and you don't have to worry about getting busted by police.

There's no decreasing radius turn if run in CW direction. Just be conservative on braking point before turn 11 (after 1378' straight) if you have a fast car, and the rest shouldn't be too tricky (my speculation based on track map).

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CAMAROBOY69
04-25-2005, 05:53 AM
You guys have until this friday the 29th to get Ken a $75 deposit. So far he said he has over 20 cars.
An entire track all to ourselves for the full day!!!! Come on guys this doesn't happen very often in the Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio area! Im going to start assembling my engine this week and I will hopefully have it running. More than likely I am putting my $75 deposit down on friday no matter what.

Salt Racer
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Good luck Adam. Hope you'll make it. You'll have a BALL!

BB69
04-26-2005, 05:20 AM
As of this morning we have 23 people signed up, so the cost is below $120. When Adam signs up, the cost will go down some more.

We have a very diverse group including an Impala SS that is rumored to have coil overs and ride on slicks. That should be interesting.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
04-26-2005, 05:29 AM
Thanks Salt Racer.
This event is all I can think about right now. It will make the endless hours of playing GT3 and GT4 all worth it. I am soo excited. :D :jump: :woot:
Im a little scared since its going to be the first time the Camaro has seen the track. I want to drive it to the event and back if possible. I am going to start putting the engine back together tomorrow (wednesday). I will know by friday if it runs or not.

Salt Racer
04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Make sure all suspension parts and wheel bearings are tight. Bleed the brakes and make sure pedal feels solid. Take all unnecessary stuff out of the car when you get to the track.

Fill up the engine with extra 0.5~1 quart of oil if you don't have good oiling system (ask me how I know). If you hear any funky noise while driving on the track, pull out and check the car out.

Start slowly and learn the lines first. Following faster guys helps (most of the time), or better yet, ask an instructor to ride along if that's available. Warm up the tires and brakes before you go flat out. Take late apexes and you'll be fine. Don't try to set the track record or anything - you can try that later. Just go out and have fun.

BB69
04-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Adam,
As I said on the phone, I will be bringing my tool box, a floor jack, jackstands, and other misc stuff to do checks between each run. I will gladly let you use whatever I have that you can't get in your trunk.

I have never raced before, but I do know about the brakes: bleed them and be ready to bleed them either at the track or after the track.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
04-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Any updates on this event? How many cars now? What is the exact list of cars?
I worked on the Camaro last night and got the head, intake, rockers, pushrods, lifters, distributor, distributor cap, wires all on last night in around 2 hours. And some other stuff too. I forgot how much I hate installing the MSD distributor.

CAMAROBOY69
04-29-2005, 03:38 AM
I cant get ahold of anyone in this thread now. Ive called Ken, sent a PM to Ken and Dave and but still haven't heard anything. Today is the deadline for the deposit.
I got my car runnning and I want to send my deposit today to verify I am attending this event.

CAMAROBOY69
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
This is the information I recieved from Dave Hurlbert.

Hello Everyone,

Based on everyone's response we are going to limit the total to 28 people. Therefore the total cost per person will be $105. So, please bring a check or cash to the event for $30. Below is the list of all 28 people, their vehicle, and which group they have been assigned to. These group are not set in stone. We tried to group people based on their experience and type of vehicle. The "D" is composed of novice's who have not been to a track event before. The other three groups, "A", "B", and "C" are grouped based on type of vehicle. If anyone feels they should be placed into a different group let me know. Otherwise we can always change the groups around at the track based on how people are doing.

For those people who have not been to a track event like this, here are a few pieces of advice before coming to the track.

1. Bleed your brakes at a minimum, and add high temperature brake fluid if you can. Your brakes will get very hot, and most standard brake fluids boil at a much lower temperature that high performance brake fluid.

2. Change your oil. Try to have fresh oil and a new filter. In addition bring an extra quart or two incase you need to add any at the track. Change to a synthetic oil if you want the added protection.

3. Make sure you car is in good working condition. Make sure you have plenty of brake pad, tread on you tires, and coolant.

If any of the other experienced drivers have any recommendations feel free to email everyone some pre-track advice. The gates open at 7:00am (EST) on Tuesday morning and we will be having a drivers meeting at 7:45am (EST) . This meeting is to explain the rules and to help people get familiar with the track. If you are going to be late, please let me know in advance. Otherwise, you can call me on my cell phone Tuesday morning (248) 219-1912 if you are having trouble. We have the track from 8:30am to 5:30pm so everyone should get at least 2 hours of track time. Direction to the track are on gingerman's website at www.gingermanraceway.com. I'll email the final schedule probably the week before the event. If anyone has any questions let me know.

David Hurlbert ---------------2005 Subaru WRX STI----B
Daniele Defranceschi--------2001 Honda Prelude (Super Charged) B
Marcin Fracz------------2001 VW GTI 1.8T----D
Ken Grulich --------------2005 Neon SRT-4 ----B
Daniel Hurlbert ----------1997 Mustang Cobra ----D
Thong Tong-------------2005 WRX Sedan----D
Steve Yui---------------2005 WRX Wagon----D
Mike Staniszewski--------Integra Race Car----A
Fred Seebeck ----------1979 Porsche 911SC--- A
Jim Fajerski ----------- 1972 Corvette----D
Ryan Leuty --------------Scion Tc----D
Adam Jabaay ---------- 1990 Civic Turbo----C
Lee Kellert -------------1990 Miata----C
John Belvar ------------- 2002 Z06 ----A
Dave Lopina-------------2004 C5 Coupe ----A
Adam Nienhuis -----------69 Camaro ----A
Scott Mann -----------98 Corvette Coupe ---- A
Walter Hilderman----------Turbo Miata----C
Richard Staniszewski ---------Integra Race Car----C
Austin Gerding -------------92 Camaro----B
Chris Mallory--------------Impala SS (modified) ----A
Steven Reff ----------------?????????????----B
Tom Zeilonka-------------03 Civic Si----C
Andrew Staniszewski -----------BMW M3 or 325----B
David Ott --------------Modified 92 Civic----C
Ed Elliot-------------03 Mustang Cobra ----B
Mike Barton ----------WRX----D
Jack Shelburne ---------------Miata----C

I honestly should not be in the A class so I better call him. I am a novice and should be B. But I take the A as a compliment.

CAMAROBOY69
05-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Time for another update. Event is next week. :scared: :)
The Wilwood pads came in last week but I forgot to post pics.

1. Hooked windshield wipers to new the new 2002 dash.
2. Greased the entire front suspension including upper and lower A-arms
3. Tightened all the rear bolts on the axle and leaf springs.
4. Oil change including filter
5. Modified the original tail light housing and LED lights into behind the clear tail light lenses.
6. Slave Cylinder resevoir for the hydrolic clutch is now bolted up
7. Installed new Headlight
8. Hooked heater to new 2002 dash
9. Flushed 6 speed tranny and add new fluid
10. Topped off rear diff fluid
11. Tucked away any loose wires.
12. Replaced temperature sending unit for the elec fan and relay switch too.

Things still left to do before event...
1. Clean K & N filter
2. Instal Wilwood brake pads and bleed brakes with high temp brake fluid.
3. Transition piece for stereo to bolt into 2002 dash. $18.00 (Bought last night)

Q ship
05-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Are the butterflies going yet?

Good luck Adam, I hope you have a blast! Full report due when you return!

Kind of sad that no one besides yourself and Ken from this site (in that area) signed up though. Hopefully your enthusiasm will be contagious!

CAMAROBOY69
05-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah man you know it. I get that butterfly gut feeling every so often whenever I think about driving on the track or when I look at the track map. This is probably going to be one of the best days of my life when it comes to car events.
The Power Tour and Woodward last year were mind blowing but this has always been a dream of mine to take an old muscle car onto the track.
Im sooo nervous and excited. I just want the car to make it out alive especially since im driving it there and hopefully back home.

Im working on the report right now. I bought extra batteries for the camcorder and a tripod that I am going to try to mount inside the car. My girlfriend borrowed her sisters camcorder for some external video coverage (of the car). I also have a camera ready too with at least 80 pics.
If it wasnt for this site this my dream wouldn't have ever happened.
Thanks for wishing me luck. :fingersx: :fingersx:

Salt Racer
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
...Kind of sad that no one besides yourself and Ken from this site (in that area) signed up though...

Yeah, it's a shame.

BTW, I saw the pic of your new ride. It's missing two doors. What's up with that? ;-)

Adam and Ken,
Be safe, and have fun!

BB69
05-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Things left for me to do:

1. Finish repairing the radiator core support
2. Mount new electric fans to core support
3. Wire up new fans
4. Remove broken bolt from alt mount and replace
5. Install radiator and support and fans
6. Put front bumper and associated supports back in
7. Bleed brakes
8. Inspect all fluid levels
9. Clean car (not just cosmetically, but so I can spot any leaks)
10. Install new 3 point seatbelts (have them already)
11. Pack tools

I have lot to do in the coming days. On the side, I am part of a racing team at our university. This weekend was our first race at Waterford here in Michigan. We are racing a Neon in the Showroom Stock category. We finished the car the morning of the race, so we had no practive time. The driver is our professor. The weekend went OK until the last race. After making his first pass, the prof took the next set of turns too fast and ended up on his roof. Thanks to the safety equipment, including a great rollcage, he was fine. The car will be repaired in time for the next race June 4-5. In fact, we went and bought a donor car last night. Overall, I think it was a good experience. It will make people in the club, and the driver, realize that racing is serious and each person needs to make sure they performing within their limits.

Pics here.

http://home.comcast.net/~grulich69/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-MerchantID-558620-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-15.html

Warning: they are large pics (about 1.5M each)

MarkM66
05-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Adam, sounds like you have your bases covered.

Good Luck!

68BNUT
05-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey Adam when your on the track, a word of advice REMEMBER TO BREATH! hahahaha Dont worry im sure youll do fine and like the other post says just remember to have FUN! And take tons of pics cause I am big time jealous!.

Q ship
05-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Ken, do your preperations mean that you are taking the Camaro instead of the SRT? Either one would be fun, but get pics if you get the Camaro out there! Glad your prof is ok, that first picture (upside down) makes me cringe!

Adam, hope everything is still going well for you. Sounds like you will have plenty to document your day, thanks-it's all I've got right now!

BTW, I saw the pic of your new ride. It's missing two doors. What's up with that? ;-)

That just makes it less likely that people will mistake it for a taxi!!

Hey, is Mark getting out to Willow this weekend?

BB69
05-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Brian,
I am taking the Vette. I was never planning on taking the SRT. My buddy just put that down for reasons unknown to me. At one point I was trying to convince the wife to go and bring the SRT. However, seeing as how the SRT is a daily driver, I think it's better not to beat on it too bad.

Ken

Salt Racer
05-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Hijack!

...Hey, is Mark getting out to Willow this weekend?

I don't know. We were planning to be there, but he said he wants to make absolutely sure that his car's ready for track duty earlier this week. Then I saw his post at CC.com saying his car will debut this weekend. Maybe he managed to get the car ready.

Q ship
05-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi Ken, I missed the fact that you had a Vette also (I hate you now, BTW :box2: :) ). I know what you mean about the daily driver, repairs get a lot more urgent when you have to have it for Monday morning.

Katz, we need to keep an eye on that guy, eh? :rolleyes5

BB69
05-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Brian,
For some reason I haven't thought of the Vette as PT, but I think it fits the bill. I am lucky to have a wife that understands. Of course, after last night when a piece of metal fell on my finger and I filled the garage with some colorful language, her patience with cars is slightly diminished. So is the feeling in my finger.

Based on the amount of work I have left to do, I may have to put the SRT into action. I still have the put the radiator back in and wire up the fans, plus a few other small items. Again, work is getting in the way of my personal life.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
05-23-2005, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the finger Ken. I took a good chunk out of my left pointer finger this weekend. Good luck working on the Vette tonight if you still plan on bringing it.

I think I am ready for this tomorrow. I have everything on my list done. All I need to do now is mount the camera in the car. The only bad thing is my brakes still suck bad. I think my brake booster is bad. It is the only thing I have not replaced. Also the fan doesnt kick on like it should so I will be running the manual over ride switch and have to keep an eye on the temp. Kinda sucks but oh well better than no fan at all. On the track I will just leave it on.

68protouring454
05-24-2005, 07:18 AM
guys i hope all went well with the track day, please share pics and video, i cannot wait
jake

BB69
05-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Overall, the day was a great success. I, however, was only able to make 2 runs before my starter blew up. I replaced the starter, only to run into problems with the ignition. The engine was only running on 6. Replacing plugs didn't help, and swapping wires didn't seem to work either. I think the high heat and RPM may have damaged the cap or the HEI internals. I want to believe that, because I hope there was no internal damage. I will be doing a compression check in the near future to confirm.

Adam did very well, but I will let him give the details. I don't even have the pics and video I took downloaded from the camera yet. I was up until 1:30AM both Sunday and Monday to get the car to the point it was at. I had to leave the house at 4:45AM Tuesday to get to the track, so needless to say, I did not do much last night.

It was all worth it though. My first two runs were great. I went off once, in turn 3 because I was seeing how far in I could brake. I got a little too eager and locked up the fronts. I could have recovered, but I wasn't thinking. Instead, I safely went off straight by a few feet and then turned back on. No harm, no foul. The Hawk pads were amazing. The brakes just got stronger as the laps piled on. Now I need to get the fuel injection and distributorless ignition put on the Vette.

Ken

68protouring454
05-25-2005, 05:47 AM
how was the track day?? i bet you had some fun, hope all went well
sounds like a killer day ken
jake

Salt Racer
05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Ken,
Good to hear you guys had a good time, and the event went w/o a major incident. Sucks you had engine trouble. Hope it didn't get damaged internally (I know how that feels...)

Now where the heck is Adam? I hope he made it home all right.

68BNUT
05-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah I figured Adam would of posted by now Hes probably still trying to come down from the adrenaline high!!

BB69
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Here are a few pics from the track.

Dial up beware, each pic is over a meg.

http://home.comcast.net/~grulich69/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-MerchantID-558620-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-15.html

I would have taken more, but I spent most of the time under the car. I know Adam has a lot of video.

CAMAROBOY69
05-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Im sorry guys to wait so long for the details but Ken is right. I absolulety had the time of my life and really really did well. You could never even imagine how well the Camaro did out there in the A class.
At first I was extremely intimidated against the modified 420HP C5 corvette. But little would I have imagined that after a few laps I was actually able to pass one of the most intimidating cars out there. Here are several videos that I hope all of you watch and enjoy.
Ken I am really sorry to hear about the problems you had out there. I was actually lucky enought to drive my car an hour and a half the track, beat the hell out of it all day, then drive it all the way home. No one can possibly imagine how proud of myself I am at right now!!!!!!!!!

I have to say this was the best experience I have ever had in in my life dealing with cars. You guys are not going to believe how well my Camaro did. I have to say that I even underestimated the performance of my 69 Camaro. Lets just say its a good thing they put me into the "A" class with the Corvettes and new Mustangs. I passed the new mustang after about a laps and then decided to attack the C5 Corvettes. Yes I said the C5 Corvettes. The black C5 was heavily modified and dynoed at 420HP.

This first video is me chasing down a heavily modified and dynoed 420hp C5 Corvette.
Me chasing down 2 C5 Corvettes!!! (short version) (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I0J7JT1OJFQI16NUW50N4NTUX)

110 MPH drive by- After I passed new Mustang (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0C2MILACUT8MW05J5A3X6MSAJ4)

Video of my girlfriend kissing me with some good luck. :wub: Also lets you hear the car too.
Video kissing good luck (http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=30H7NEJ0K0ZJ33O96BTQMPR7RR)

Here are some pics.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img289.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11083yw.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11091hc.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11127oz.jpg)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11142xx.jpg)

Cool ass pic of my nephew waving me in with the flag!!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11194ue.jpg)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=im0047842wf.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=im0047869kn.jpg)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=im0047888xu.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img262.echo.cx/my.php?image=im0047920ew.jpg)

I have videos of Ken and his Corvette too that I will post probably tomorrow. Also pics.

Q ship
05-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Ken, thanks for the report and the pics! Sorry you didn't get to run more, and I too hope the car is OK. It looks damn good sitting out there!!

Adam, we're all getting concerned...time to check in! Hope all is well with you.
Edit-there you are! Gotta read your post.

68protouring454
05-25-2005, 06:52 PM
looks awesome adam, good work, i bet you will be looking for more open track days, glad everything worked out for you
jake

68protouring454
05-25-2005, 06:57 PM
i get to download on videos, i click open, windows media player comes up, thenit says it cannot play them???
jake

Q ship
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Jake, try this, it worked for me. first left click on the link above, it takes you to a download page. then left click again on the "click here to download" link, after a minute you will get a windows message asking if you want to save or open, I saved to my "videos" folder. Then just wait for the download to finish and open it, media player should do then.

Q ship
05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Adam, great videos! I'm grinning ear to ear to hear how excited you are!! The Camaro looks and sounds awesome, and from my (very) limited experience, you're driving looks very good! Congratulations, you did it!

CAMAROBOY69
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone it was an incredible day and I drove enough on the track to the point that I was simply just physically destroyed and really was ready to go. Im surprised how much this wears you out going lap after lap after lap.
The brakes did extremely well as you can obviously see in the videos and my results. Thanks again Salt Racer for the wilwood pads. The were a miracle of god once warmed up.
I ran my car so much out on the track to the point where I was just soooo tired and ready to go home. I think my girlfriend and I slept for almost 10 hours the next day. Good times!!! Good times!!
I couldnt believe the compliments I received from guys out there. The best compliment was the owner of the C5 Corvette that I passed. :cheers:

MrQuick
05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
That great you guys, great job Adam...Poor Vette guys,must have been strange being passed by a primered car.

Woody
05-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Adam, that is so awesome! I can hardly wait to get my car out on a track. Thanks for sharing.

68protouring454
05-26-2005, 04:09 AM
qship thanks it is working,
cool videos adam looks awesome, you worked the vettes over pretty good!!! sounded like you were not all the way into it either when shifting, cool
jake

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. The most funny part is right after I saw that modified black Corvette I was asking David to place me into the B class. He just told me that if I get in the way too much he will put me into the B class. I never in a million years would have expected to keep up with the new Vettes and then actually pass the black one.
Words or picstures just cant express how great I still feel to this day about that event. Just mabey a lot of these. :woot: :woot: :woot:
I hope all the members on this site were viewing the pics and videos on this thread. I think it really shows the potential of our old muscle cars.

Salt Racer
05-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Good job Adam! I'm somewhat relieved to hear that brakes held up (your pre-event brake thread sure made me nervous!).

I'm glad you recorded videos. It's fun to watch for us, and it's really valuable for later evaluation.

A couple of tips I can give you, start practicing heel&toe downshifting and take a little later apex. You'll go even faster.

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the compliments and thanks a lot for those Wilwood pads. After they heated up they were just incredible. I was simply amazed. And the most amazing thing is even after multiple laps I really didnt experience any brake fade. Only 1 time towards the end of the day but I think it was because I was really tired too.
Yeah I have quite a bit to learn and I need much more experience but for my first time ever onto a full track I think I did quite well. Especially with no power steering and drum brakes on the rear. I cant even imagine all 4 disk brakes with a perfect brake pedal. See all those hours of GT3 and GT4 really paid off. :lmao:

MarkM66
05-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Glad everything went well!

What brakes are you running?

Also, what type of power steering system are you running?

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Stock disks up front with Wilwoood Polymatrix H compound pads. Stock drums in rear with stock pads. I don't have power steering. Stock shocks, stock springs, stock rear springs just de-arched lower. I dont even plan on buying aftermarket suspension. My car did so well that I just plan on buying some racing shocks and mabey a new front sway bar. But im very very happy with the way the car handles just the way it is.

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
I will try to get some more video up over the weekend. Especially Ken out there ripping it up. I have at least 5 hours of video between the 2 camcorders.
I just checked out Kens pics. I really like the one you took of my car. Thats cool that my Camaro was voted "Best sounding" :yeah: So I get one of these now right? :1st:

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Here are some pics of Kens Vette.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf10777bk.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf10878vn.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf10883wv.jpg)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf10899qn.jpg)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf11046xi.jpg)
Videos of his car posted in next thread. :)

CAMAROBOY69
05-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Here are 2 videos of Kens Corvette.

Kens Vette sneak preview (http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2SNA00BRI9QPZ1EIRGNAMZI4UC)

Ken fly by (http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0O4NCXQ91FRVN3EBAE01GYWLFF)

BB69
05-27-2005, 05:14 AM
Adam,
Thanks for posting the video's of my car. I know Dave wants to do this again this year. I will have either the Vette sorted out, or maybe even the Camaro. We are traveling this weekend, but I hope to gather some more pics from the other people there.

Ken

CAMAROBOY69
05-27-2005, 05:26 AM
n/p Ken
That would be sick to see 2 69 Camaros out on the track at the same time. I am sure you would be in the A class with me with the Camaro. Can you imagine how fun that would be chasing each other down. The video of that would just be incredible!!!! :attn: Especially if both of us were passing C5 Corvettes. :)