PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein

73novaguy
04-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Just wondering if there was any certain valving that would be better than the other, for when I order a set up Bilsteins for the front of the Nova? I will be mating it to Hotchkis suspension!

rocketrod
04-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Just wondering if there was any certain valving that would be better than the other, for when I order a set up Bilsteins for the front of the Nova? I will be mating it to Hotchkis suspension!

If you are running Hotchkis front coils and rear leafs buy the Hotchkis shocks, which are Bilsteins customized by Hotchkis.

Rick Dorion
04-18-2005, 04:10 AM
I have stock valving which works fine with the Hotchkis rear leafs and Global West fronts. You can discuss valving too with shox.com.

baz67
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Justin,

Go over to www.camaros.net and do a search for bilstein and look for a post by chicane67 and he provides the custom valving for bilsteins.

Piet
04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Hotchkis shocks are custom valved Bilsteins.
Talk to lowend... he has some.

rocketrod
04-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I had chicane67 review my suspension plans, which included Hotchkis front coils and rear leafs & he recomended buying the Hotchkis shocks (customed valved Bilsteins). You could buy regular Bilsteins and have them custom valved but he said that costs about $50 per shock plus the price of the shock itself.

MarkM66
04-19-2005, 06:51 AM
I just looked at Hotchkis's web site. They don't show a rear shock for a '68-74 Nova.

73novaguy
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't know about the rear shocks, but I did order a set of their front shocks. I called them and then got the Part # and checked to see if Summit had them any cheaper, but Summit was actually a dollar more than Hotchkis. So I ordered a set. I know it will be alot nicer if I had matching shocks all the way around, but for right now I just got the fronts. I figured I could at least drive it that way and then put the rear shocks in, in about a week or two. Just in case anyone was wondering the shocks retailed for $89 apeice.

MarkM66
04-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Autozone also sells Bilsteins.

MarkM66
04-25-2005, 08:00 AM
If you want some Hotckis/Bilstien shocks for your Nova, I got the PN from Hotckis, it's AK2071.

73novaguy
04-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks Mark, but I just received the shocks in the mail yesterday! Same PN. Now I will just need to get that dan TVS kit here! Summit said they expected it on the 9th, and then they said that Hotckis shipped it out on the 16th to Summit and when they get it, they will send it to me. They were talking on me having it in a couple weeks! Heck I don't know if I can wait that long. The stuff has been on order since Feb. I am just getting anxious to see how the car will look with it all on! They say the rear is like a 1.5" - 2.0" drop over factory! Well I installed higher springs in the rear a couple years ago to clear the wide tires I had on it then! So as of now it has like a 4" lift kit (Re Arched multi-leaf)! So the 5.5" - 6.0" drop is gonna be a long ways from where it is now! Hope the tires fit! hahahha As soon as I get all of the stuff, I can't wait to get it in and get the pics on here!

Now if Dan would just hurry up and get his together and send me some pics!