PDA

View Full Version : Morris Seat Belts: Invest in your Safety

kryptik
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
First of all, let me begin by saying that I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with Morris seat belts, and they do not pay me anything.

One month ago to this date I was involved in a very serious collision in my beloved 1968 Camaro which resulted in a total loss.

If you would like to read more about the collision, it can be found here, about halfway down the page, it is a long post:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57999&page=2

Anyways, I would just like to tell everyone here in the pro-touring and muscle car community that you NEED to invest in your safety, for your own sake and for the sake of your loved ones. Do not skimp on a set of GOOD seat belts because you want to save $50, because that can be the difference between life and death, literally. Before you think of buying that brand new carburetor or those shiny beautiful headers, invest in your life.

When I first installed Morris seat belts in my car two years ago, I never thought I would end up fighting for my life because of my car. Yes they are pricey, and yes they may be a bit sensitive when you pull them to buckle up, but they are QUALITY. Should price even matter when your life is in question?

These seatbelts withstood the force of colliding with a concrete wall at 80mph, and saved both mine and my passenger's life.

Upon impact, their sensitive lock mechanisms instantly held the belts in place, rather than slipping like some cheaper, or less sensitive, belts. My passenger withstood zero injuries to the face, head, neck, or core, in fact he walked away from the accident; these belts held him tight and kept him well away from the dash or the side window.

As far as me, well those sensitive lock mechanisms saved me from a major face and head trauma. The hood entered the car through the windshield and broke my nose in multiple places and also left a hairline fracture under my right eye. Had those seat-belts stopped me a millisecond later, aka an inch closer to the front of the car, the hood would have impaled my skull and destroyed my eye leaving me brain-dead and/or blind. But they didn't, they instantly locked and kept my head far back from the dash, turning the hood hitting me into just a flesh-wound.

Here's some pictures...you want to survive a collision in one of these rockets? Then getting a QUALITY set of belts such as the ones I used from Morris Classic/Customs is a must, trust me I would know:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/camaro5s.jpg/) https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/img33/camaro5s.jpg/1/)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/camaro2.jpg/) https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/img695/camaro2.jpg/1/)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/camaro4s.jpg/) https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/img6/camaro4s.jpg/1/)

Simbad68
01-10-2010, 03:34 PM
That's a nasty looking crash! Thank God the two of you made it out safely.. A good set of belts are priceless.

funbnme
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow...so glad you survived that crash. The car is replaceable..you're not.

Also glad to see that the belts did their job. Very glad that I installed a set in my car last year. I initially only got them because my daughter frequently rides with me...after seeing your pictures, I'm glad I have them for me too.

Some things just aren't worth cheaping out on...and sometimes, keeping the vintage look just isn't worth it either.

TnBlkC230WZ
01-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I have them in my Nova. Fortunately, I've never had to functional test them. I have had them save mine and my family's life in a 1984 Subaru.

It is really good to hear everyone is ok.

The WidowMaker
01-15-2010, 01:08 PM
i know i keep harping on it, but another thing to consider is the steering column. DO NOT replace it with a retrofit column from any of the aftermarket companies unless it is collapsible. and DO NOT replace the collapsible under dash mount with a solid one for looks. and just having a collapsible intermediate shaft does NOT count!

currently ididit is going back through all of their part numbers and replacing them with collapsible units. all cars built jan 1, 68 came from the factory with one.

your 3 pt belts saved your life. you would be dead with just lap belts. but, id still hate to hear of someone getting killed over a cool looking column.

BonzoHansen
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
3 cheers for Billy's belts!

i know i keep harping on it, but another thing to consider is the steering column. DO NOT replace it with a retrofit column from any of the aftermarket companies unless it is collapsible. .Indeed.

69rs
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Got 'em in my car and still love 'em! Check this out.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44418&highlight=morris

David Pozzi
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
We put them in our 68 Camaro, one of the first things we did to it.
Thanks for posting this thread, and glad you survived that nasty crash!

Anyone like staying in Hospitals? Think about what you can do to stay out of one, or shorten your stay.
David

NovaPwr
01-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Wife just got me a set for the Nova for Christmas. Glad you survived. That was a nasty accident!

ProdigyCustoms
01-17-2010, 06:27 AM
WOW! That looks horrific. Great testimonial for the seat belts. no doubt they saved you.

I just read the accident report in your other post, if I am reading correctly, it sounds like a testimonial about the dangers of screwing around on the street may be in order also.

I am as guilty, probably more guilty then most as our test drives could be construed by some as "too spirited" for the street. Things like this are good reminders for us testosterone laced males!

killer67
01-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Great post - thanks for reminding us of what's important

kryptik
06-02-2010, 11:12 PM
WOW! That looks horrific. Great testimonial for the seat belts. no doubt they saved you.

I just read the accident report in your other post, if I am reading correctly, it sounds like a testimonial about the dangers of screwing around on the street may be in order also.

I am as guilty, probably more guilty then most as our test drives could be construed by some as "too spirited" for the street. Things like this are good reminders for us testosterone laced males!

Sorry to bring this thread back to life again but it has been quite a while since I've been able to get back on the board...

You're absolutely right, after going through all this it kills me to see teenagers playing with their lives....especially in the tight and treacherous canyons that we have here in Southern California.

And I'm not even saying that us car fanatics are bad drivers, in fact most of us are some of the best out there...controlling vehicles with no computer assist and PLENTY of power. But...there are others on the public streets. They may not be the best drivers and may make errors that cause US to collide, especially when on-coming traffic is the case. Furthermore, by being so liberal with our engines we pose a safety risk to those who are simply trying to get to-and-fro work. Now I'm not saying that we should drive with a stick-up-our-ass (no offense to anyone, just a joke :idea:), but there is a time and place for everything, whether it be a straight stretch of road in the middle of the night with no innocent bystanders or a full-on race track. We must always remember that. At the end of the day, we don't want lawyers taking away our beloved hobby because of new B.S. safety laws...and I am no less guilty than anyone else.

I have corrected my ways and will no longer be a negative influence on the sport, rather the opposite. This accident has taught me to always check myself before letting my right foot think for me, and think twice before doing something stupid behind the controls of what is literally a 3000lbs missile on wheels. I suggest everyone take note of what happened to me, and learn from my stupid mistake...maybe the reason I survived is to tell this tale...who knows?

Cheers everyone, and happy pro-touring :usa:

psy4s
08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
In 1976 I had an altercation with a Phone pole while attempting to avoid making a Vega Driver the Hood ornament for my 1969 Ford Galaxie XL. The Pole Lost, The Car Lost, and because my car was not equipped with shoulder belts, only Lap belts, I'm sure you can see where this is going. A hard Steering wheel with a Steel ring inside which broke off with the impact of my face. It broke the wheel off of the column, so I am sure you can surmise what it did to soft tissue, bone, and teeth. I still have problems from this every day that I have come to accept as my every day. When I bought my 1967 Camaro with Deluxe seat Belts, the first thing I did was to track down a set of factory Deluxe Shoulder belts. I wish these would have been available then.:smoke:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/07/smokinape1MA121312130002-1.gif

David Pozzi
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
If you have a set of Morris belts in your car, please take a little time to show them to others when possible. It might save a life!

CarQz17
08-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Group buy anyone?

carguy502
08-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I'd be down. I drive my nova every day in Los Angeles and I have images of the above accident pass through my head more often than not.

Tom 72RS/SS
08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I'd get in on that too, been thinking about buying them for a while now.

CarQz17
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
So thats 3 any more?

rfalker1
11-19-2010, 02:44 AM
i AM IN

rickpaw
12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm in, if the group buy is still going on. Been thinking about getting a set for my 67.

77thor
12-11-2010, 07:18 AM
If you are talking about belts from Morris Classic Concepts (MorrisClassicConcepts.com), I would be in for a group buy.
I've been considering their 3-point shoulder belts for awhile. I just don't feel safe enough with lap belts only.

1969CamaroRS
12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I would be down for a group buy as well. Need to get both the front and the new rear 3 point ones as well.

SSL
12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm in for the group buy too. The pictures and testimonial are enough to convince anyone...

SmooveG
12-14-2010, 09:28 PM
G Body's need this. They are the most uncomfortable shoulder straps Ive worn

morrisclassic
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM
What do you mean by G Body"s need this?
I hope you have the correct part number as our seat belts are
year and car specific.
Call us or tell me your issue with our seat belts. 864-987-0032
Some people need a longer lanyard hanging from the top of the car.
Billy

Tom 72RS/SS
12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
It seems that lots of us want these belts but after many months of talking about it, still no group purchase?

morrisclassic
12-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope everyone has seen our New Style Top & Lanyard.
Our seat belts now look and mount in the top of the car like
factory.43037
I have been waiting on someone to give me a number
of sets plus year, car & color. If each of you will e-mail me
the specifics I will let you know a price. You can also see
the New 3 Point Rear Retractables.
Billy

Tom 72RS/SS
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
message sent.

1969CamaroRS
12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
1969 Camaro Front and Rear sets, black. PM'd as well.

64Chevelle
12-16-2010, 05:26 AM
I'd like a set for the front for a 64 Chevelle, but your site only lists 68-72. There's probably a problem mounting them in the roof on the earlier models? I'm willing to repaint my car sooner if I have to weld in a set of brackets.

morrisclassic
12-16-2010, 06:12 AM
64Chevelle,
Street Rod builders weld a plate in the top of the car for the third point.
Billy

77thor
12-16-2010, 06:51 AM
I need a 1969 Camaro Coupe Front Set in Black.

Sent a PM.

HILROD
12-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm looking at 1 set for a 1968 Camaro, possibly 2 sets.

GaRys69
12-16-2010, 04:15 PM
I would love to get a black front set for a 69 Camaro.

rfalker1
12-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately did not see the group buy add, but ordered mine about 2 weeks ago, I will be setting them up with Ariza racing seats in my 68 camaro. when they get intstalled I will inform everybody how they work..... Big Engines and heavy foots needs good safety precautions, now can anybody recommend a baby fire extinguisher for me?

73z-6sp
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Billy...any plans for 66 Chevelle rear 3 points?

morrisclassic
12-20-2010, 06:06 AM
We are looking into those and other models.

Billy

1969CamaroRS
12-20-2010, 07:20 AM
If each of you will e-mail me
the specifics I will let you know a price.

Hi Billy,

Any updates on a group buy?

Thanks!

morrisclassic
12-21-2010, 05:05 AM
Yes Everyone can order anytime as we have enough orders to give a discount.
864-987-0032
Billy

68Formula
12-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Do you have ones that fit 1st Gen Fbody convertibles (front and/or rear)?

morrisclassic
12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
We only have lap belts for convertibles.
That is the only safe way for having seat belts in a convertible at this time.

Billy

The WidowMaker
12-21-2010, 10:28 AM
any shots of them installed in a 70 chevelle? while its apart, ive though of moving the upper mount forward.

1969CamaroRS
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks Billy for taking my order.

morrisclassic
12-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Look on our web page at customer cars. There is a 70 Chevelle with our seat belts installed.
I wouldn't advise moving the top mount as GM tested their cars with strength in mind and
the mounting points are reinforced for that purpose.
Billy

black66nova
12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Also look at getting a set of CG-lock for three point set belts.

http://www.cg-lock.com/general/about

1969sschevelle
12-23-2010, 09:06 PM

I have them in my car, they are very nice, i hope I never have to test them out.
They are a pain if you pull too hard to fasten them they lock, and I always have to help new passengers, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

morrisclassic
12-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Thank You for Purchasing from us and the Compliment
Yes an even steady pull Will keep them from locking.
Billy

kryptik
12-24-2010, 06:34 PM
They are a pain if you pull too hard to fasten them they lock, and I always have to help new passengers, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

That sensitivity is what saved my own and my passenger's life. Like you say..."wouldn't have it any other way".

1969sschevelle
12-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Especially after seeing that pic of your car, I might have missed it, but what exactly happened to cause such a horrible accident.

kryptik
12-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Honestly, I'm not going to try to excuse myself. Primarily it was misjudgment on my part. That said, there were some things going on that made the oversteer more likely to happen...the road had a wet-patch on corner entry, my rear tires were old and had low tread while my fronts were brand new BFG KDW 225's, and the corner itself is just inherently easy to underestimate. Most of these were my fault; I shouldn't have been driving on that road a day after it rained...I should have replaced ALL tires as they are THE MOST important part of the car. I downshifted a tad late coming into the corner which transferred weight forward...the rear tires being as bad as they were just couldn't hold the road and let go. I corrected the car and would most likely have recovered, but at this point it was too late as I was directly in the path of a work van which was careening towards me. The corner was blind so I did not see it coming. We kissed at about 45-50 mph each making it a ~100mph collision. The rest I prefer not to write about, it was absolutely horrific and terrifying...no one should have to experience this. Thankfully there were NO fatalities.

6 Months before my collision a police officer (professionally trained to drive) over-steered his Ferrari on that same corner, spun out, and died upon impact. The corner is only a 35 degree bend, which makes it VERY easy to underestimate; furthermore, there is just something about it that decompresses the suspension and puts the tires much closer to their traction limit. I'm sure ALL of us here have at one point driven aggressively, it's just a numbers game as to who gets picked and who walks away. But hey, to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

protour73
12-25-2010, 05:04 AM
What a thread, what a story.

Glad I have my Morris Classic belts........ Thanks for producing a great product Billy!!!

morrisclassic
12-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Scott,
Thank You for The Compliment and for Purchasing from us.
Billy

critter
12-26-2010, 07:36 PM
If anyone is interested in seatbelts and hasn't ordered per the group purchase I encourage you to do so. That way I get my belts sooner. :) :) :)

morrisclassic
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Call us to place you order 864-987-0032

Thank You, Billy

morrisclassic
12-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Last Day for Group Purchase. We will be here till 4PM today.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year, Billy

Tom 72RS/SS
12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks Billy, looking forward to installing these soon.
Have a great New Year!

carguy502
01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Got mine yesterday and can't wait to get them in the car!!! Thanks for the great deal!

robsquezn
02-25-2011, 10:44 PM
wow that looks nasty glad u made it out ok

robsquezn
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
o & id like to get more info on the belts i have stock belts in my 66 impala & will be looking to up grade

morrisclassic
02-26-2011, 04:47 AM
If your car was made after Feb 66 it probably has the top mounting holes for the shoulder harness.
If I can provide any info call us at 864-987-0032
Billy

Roberts68
02-26-2011, 04:57 AM
If your car was made after Feb 66 it probably has the top mounting holes for the shoulder harness.
If I can provide any info call us at 864-987-0032
Billy

Does that comment include Camaros or was it directed to the Impala? I was curious what is involved in install in a 68 Camaro. Does it require professional installation by a real interior shop to be done right?

morrisclassic
02-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes we make them for your Camaro.
We make seat belts that are year and car specific. The seat belts arrive to you assembled, you just bolt them into all of the factory mounting locations.
Just about anyone that does general maintenance on a vehicle can install our seat belts.
The install usually can be completed in an hour. Our seat belts are a direct bolt in and also
comfortable to wear.
Billy

Roberts68
02-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks.

I guess I was most concerned about the removing or trimming the headliner and I didn't realize there was an existing tie-in point for the shoulder strap.

ehummelman
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the rear install in a 69? I'm trying to put them in and can't seem to figure out how the reel mounts to the undertray bracket. The instructions say something about using a 1/2" hole as a guide and a support that comes off the side pillar, but I can't make any sense of that. Visuals would be great so I can finish this up.

David Pozzi
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
You can feel the hole through the headliner material. Hopefully someone has a photo they can post.

ehummelman
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
You can feel the hole through the headliner material. Hopefully someone has a photo they can post.

Thanks David,
that will help to see where the top bracket for the front belts go (which I also need to find!), but I'm looking for help on the rear shelf reel install. This is for the rear 3 point belts. It seems not many people have put these in yet. I just took a couple shots to show what I'm talking about. How does the reel go? I'm guessing that I have the reel positioned correctly in the photo and I just need to drill the hole, but not sure.

Also, why are both the reel and the lower female buckle attached such that the belt has to twist to face the right way? Seems like they should both face the other way. The instructions specifically say to face the belt webbing to the rear though. Anyone?

morrisclassic
10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
The seat belt buckle will be on the inside and it shouldn't have a twist in it.
The 1/2 " hole needs to be drilled where you have the hex head bolt at now.
The 5/16 hex head bolt goes in the lower fender well brace.Hope this helps I sent a private message. The way to install these are to mount the bracket under the shelf into one of the existing holes then use the hex head bolt to bolt the bottom of the bracket into the inner brace, existing hole.
Then mark your 1/2" hole remove the bracket and drill, reinstall the bracket with the two 5/16 bolts .Lay the white spacer over the 1/2 "hole and install the shelf panel. Insert the 1/2 " bolt thru the seat belt reel, rear shelf ,spacer & rear panel & bracket then tighten.

ehummelman
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
OK, that makes sense. That would leave the reel positioned with the webbing coming straight out the front. Is that correct?

And I'll flip the bottom inside part over. It just looked wrong because of the way the thing is angled where the belt is attached.

SparkyRnD
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I looked on summitracing's website, but didn't notice the difference between these two kits:

MRS-MCSB1-9-BK

MRS-MCSBGM-9-BK

Also I assume that both of these (listed for a 1971 Chevelle) will also fit a 1971 Cutlass?

ehummelman
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I got all 4 belts installed finally. The fronts were a piece of cake compared to the rears. And now that I know how the rears go in, I could do it a lot quicker. I had to have been in and out of the trunk upside down at least 2 dozen times! Anyway, very nice product, no mods needed, everything fit just right. Pics to come for anyone else wanting to do this.

BTW - any tips on getting the rear seat bottom back in?? I can't see what actually drops down into the hooks.

morrisclassic
10-11-2011, 07:07 AM
SparkyRnD,
Yes the seat belts will fit a Cutlass as they are the same body style as a Chevelle.
The part number with the GM in it has the GM Mark of Excellence emblem in the center of the buckle.

Billy

SparkyRnD
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Billy, thank you for the quick response and the call. So the other part number is plain without an emblem?

morrisclassic
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes the standard buckle is chrome with a starburst in the center. The GM emblem is a cast emblem that is attached to the center of the buckle by the manufacture.

Thank You

70Uglybird
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Morris sent you a pm...

morrisclassic
10-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Yes I just read it , Call me. I will resolve the problem, Billy

FatfreeGTO
12-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Do you have anything for my 66 GTO?

I put in 06 GTO seats which have the buckle attached to the seats so I can either use that or remove it and go back to the floor mount. I also have removed the headliner and don't have the mounting provisions in the roof so I will have to weld a plate in.

As for the rears I'm going to be running the 06 GTO rear seats as well, let me know if you guys have anything for my application and a price.

Thanks!
BJ

Atomic 67
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
A set of 3 point belts are a must....I purchased a set from Billy Morris early this year and my only regret is that I did not find Morris Classic Concepts earlier. I did not even realize 67 Camaro's had the mounting hole for the shoulder belt. Billy was very helpful in helping me find the location point under my new headliner. For all of those that have not planned their builds with upgraded seatbelts, fire safety, rollbars and so on please do so. As we push our cars more and more you can be assured it's just a matter of time before an incident will happen...a great set of 3 point belts is clearly a good start over the simple lap belt.

Ok...I'm buckling up and going for a North GA ride....later.

Brad

LSxChevelle
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
MCBMatt has them for $265 shipped right now! Look under sponsor deals...

FatfreeGTO
12-22-2011, 05:23 PM
MCBMatt has them for $265 shipped right now! Look under sponsor deals...

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to have to place my order!

SparkyRnD
03-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I placed my order with Kim at MCB, and am very pleased!

morrisclassic
01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
We now have have rear 3 point retractable for 66-72 Chevelle as well as 70-73 Camaro.
Easy install. Has a mounting bracket under the rear shelf and it bolts into the roof and panel structure.

Billy

BonzoHansen
01-03-2014, 07:25 PM
We now have have rear 3 point retractable for 66-72 Chevelle as well as 70-73 Camaro.
Easy install. Has a mounting bracket under the rear shelf and it bolts into the roof and panel structure.

Billy

I just saw you have later model 2nd gen and 3rd gen belts now, that's great.

What makes those 70-73 rear 3 points different than 74-81?

j-c-c
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
A lot of Morris belt fans here. To The Op, it looks like a wreck that one would want to forget. And I don't want to open old wounds , but an 80mph collision with a concrete wall mentioned, (lots of visual sheet metal damage, but motor still in place?) had to be at a big angle, or the wall was really thin (#3 hit a real wall fully belted in a 3500lb cage at a closing speed of 40mph? with a fatal outcome). Obviously these belts vs no belts saved a life(s). But few have mentioned other then offering acceptable sensitivity in locking in a crash, the 3 point belt really offers little restraint in other then a mainly forward motion. This is not to be counted on. Of course this is better then nothing or a simple lap belt, but really doesn't step up much MIO compared to say a typical modern 3 point belt. Convertible 3 point belt solutions are solved IMO by swapping OEM 3 point convertible seats, properly mounted. I think our cars AND drivers deserve more.

SparkyRnD
01-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Billy, good to hear. Sometime later this year I'll be looking for a set for Project Sabre

morrisclassic
01-04-2014, 09:05 AM
The 70-73 bolt into the car in different places than the later model ones. Our seat belts are year and car specific to fit the floor pans and rear shelf and bracing in the rear trunk area.
Billy

BonzoHansen
01-04-2014, 10:38 AM
The 70-73 bolt into the car in different places than the later model ones. Our seat belts are year and car specific to fit the floor pans and rear shelf and bracing in the rear trunk area.
Billy

Huh. I thought the package tray stamping was the same for all three years. Or is the lower mounting different?

morrisclassic
01-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Bonzo,
We thought the rear shelf areas were the same also but that would be way too easy.
The 67-68 are share one part . The 69 is a another part.
The rear bracket will not interchange.
Billy

mmosley
01-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Billy,

Do you have any pictures showing how the bracket mounts underneath on 67, 68, 69 Camaros? I really would like to put your 3 point harness in the rear of my car but have little hope you will ever make a kit for it. What are my options?

morrisclassic
01-05-2014, 07:09 AM
Michael,
We haven't had much interest in the rear sets for Mopar.
We have been selling the rear 3 point kits for 67-69 Camaros & Firebirds for a while now.
Send me an e-mail at [email protected].
I can send you a picture of the bracket installed. You can call us and I can explain in detail of the
ease of installation and major strength mounting points.
Look on our web page www.morrisclassicconcepts.com to see an installed set.
Billy

Roberts68
01-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Michael,
We haven't had much interest in the rear sets for Mopar.
We have been selling the rear 3 point kits for 67-69 Camaros & Firebirds for a while now.
Send me an e-mail at [email protected].
I can send you a picture of the bracket installed. You can call us and I can explain in detail of the
ease of installation and major strength mounting points.
Look on our web page www.morrisclassicconcepts.com to see an installed set.
Billy
Billy, I don't know if you noticed his signature line but I got the impression he may be looking to adapt Camaro belts to his Cuda. Just my $.02

morrisclassic
01-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Robert,
Actually at first I didn't pick up on it being a Mopar

Thanks, Billy

POS71RS
01-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Any chance there's group buy deals for the rears on my Camaro?

I've already got the front sets and like those. But now it's time for rear 3-points.

morrisclassic
01-08-2014, 01:50 PM
We can offer a Group Purchase just call us

Billy

badazz81z28
03-14-2014, 05:27 AM

Billy

I just recieved my my Morris belts and I admit...I'm a little skepticle to install them. The instructions sheet goes on and on about how Morris doesnt make the belts, they are not responsible for this and that and this and that....what the heck? That doesn't instill confidnece for me. Now if the belt instructions say "manufactured to this spec...meets this DOT or safety spec etc..etc...However...They are not responsible for improper installation or use outside designed criteria etc".

morrisclassic
03-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Rob,
When the instructions sheet says that "Morris Classic Concepts, LLC is not a manufacturer... and assumes no responsibility...," this is referring specifically to the actual seat belt webbing and reel. We have the individual components of our seat belts manufactured according to our design, and then assemble every seat belt kit before it leaves our facility, complete with the brackets and bolts. The manufacturer of the seat belts and reels run pull tests weekly to ensure quality and safety, as well as compliance with FMVSS standards. FMVSS requires seat belt webbing and reels to withstand up to 3,000 pounds of force, and ours consistently withstand 3,800 pounds of force (over 26% greater than standard).
Also, our seat belt kits bolt into all of the factory mounting holes that GM, etc. used at the time of vehicle manufacturing and safety testing. We designed them to install this way to ensure the safest possible mounting locations, as GM, etc. did originally because of their safety data and testing at the time. Our seat belts are year and car specific so they bolt right into these holes.

If you would like to see firsthand how our seat belts performed in an actual accident, there is a post with pictures on this forum written by a customer with a 1968 Camaro. You can read and see this article by going to the Pro-Touring homepage, clicking the tab "Forum", clicking on "Safety Equipment", and clicking on the link titled "Morris Seat Belts: Invest in your Safety."

We personally know all of our manufacturers and have visited each facility to ensure maximum quality as well, and we can assure you that they are all as committed to your safety as we are at Morris Classic Concepts, LLC. The disclaimer included in our instructions is standard, and we are sorry it was confusing and led you to question our confidence in the safety of our seat belts. We are currently revising all of our instructions and disclaimers to make them more clear, easy to use, and detailed. We are also going to include the quality testing that our seat belts undergo (as I included above in this message) to instill more confidence in our customers as well.

Thank you for contacting us about your concerns, and if you would like any more information about the installation or manufacturing of our seat belts, please feel free to contact our office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm EST. Our office number is (864) 987-0032.

Billy

Nothingface5384
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

Billy
I plan to buy a set for my 72 skylark
I'm imagine the 67-72 chevelle and 68-72 gto kit are the same?

Also how would I go about getting a front 3point for a 73 ford maverick? mustang kit my best bet?

morrisclassic
04-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Yes the Chevelle set will fit
The Mustang belts bolt in the floor side panel.
One bolt in the top.

Thank You, Billy

redfire69
10-02-2014, 06:20 AM
How is the 70-73 Camaro different than the 74-81, I thought the mounting points and package trays are the same???

Tim john---
10-02-2014, 06:40 AM
I have a 69 Firebird convertible, do you offer the three point belts for our application,would need them in blue. Please PM with availability, pricing and delivery timeframe. Thank You.

Tim john---

morrisclassic
10-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Ron,
Our seat belts are year and car specific.
We have never tried them in a later year as we sell the ones for 74-81.
The replacement ones don;t bolt onto the package shelf.
Our 3 point rear seat belts have a bracket that bolts under the package tray for supporting the reel.
Billy

dlaflamme
10-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Hi all - I'm installing the Morris set in my 68 Camaro - also shot Billy an email today, but it's Sunday - so I'm thinking someone subscribed to this thread might be able to help faster :-)

I have the rear brackets in, now ready to put the belt/retractor up on the package tray - I've read the instructions several times and I'm confused about where the white plastic spacer goes - in my case, I have thick Quietride Acoustishield insulation glued to the shelf. I'm trying to figure out if I should put the spacer directly on the metal shelf, under the insulation, or if I should put it over the insulation (in either case, it sounds like it goes UNDER the upholstered package tray panel. I can't tell its purpose, but it no doubt has one - otherwise, Billy wouldn't have put it in there!

Can anyone help? Does the spacer go directly on the metal shelf, under the insulation; or directly on top of the insulation? If I knew what it does, I might be able to figure it out....yeah, I know it's a spacer, but why? Maybe it just raises the retractor up so it clear the top of the seat back? (been rebuilding the car for 2 1/2 years, so the seats aren't in it yet)

Thanks for any advice (or pics/drawings)!

morrisclassic
10-03-2016, 03:56 AM
The spacer goes on the metal of the shelf panel. This keeps the panel from being pulled
down when you tighten the reel bolt. Thank You for Purchasing our Products.
Thx, Billy

lonnie67
10-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Can the retract mechanism be rebuilt? Mine barely works.

morrisclassic
10-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Lonnie,
Stand beside the car and pull the seat belt all the way out.
Let it retract , do this several times and it will reset the
retractor mechanism.
Let us know if this eliminates your problem.
Thx, Billy

Hory1932
10-31-2017, 01:49 AM
That equipment its very good one, my friend own one of it! its very good!! and i'm thinking to get one myself. but that's later because now, my doctor put me on human growth hormone and all my money goes there so i don't have any more money left. when i will finish with this i will surely get one myself. thanks for everything!

icemanrd19
10-31-2017, 05:02 PM
They need to have hook attachments for the rear seat belts for a 67 camaro to attach anchor points for a car seat. I'm using morris in the front and rear and I love them

morrisclassic
11-01-2017, 03:37 AM
What type of hook attachment anchors do you need??

Thx Billy

icemanrd19
11-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Hoping you can view this. I would have liked to put a hook on the side where the car seat top could tether too. I made my own and some jaguar anchors and covers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101355604245506&set=a.629368977846.2146539.48502792&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101355603841316&set=a.629368977846.2146539.48502792&type=3&theater

TheBandit
04-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Hoping you can view this. I would have liked to put a hook on the side where the car seat top could tether too. I made my own and some jaguar anchors and covers

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101355604245506&set=a.629368977846.2146539.48502792&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101355603841316&set=a.629368977846.2146539.48502792&type=3&theater

What Jaguar did those come out of?

TheBandit
04-17-2018, 09:57 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57999&page=2

The original link and images for this thread are dead. Any possibility of fixing them?