PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to Atlanta Year One?

ProdigyCustoms
04-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Who is going? When are you getting there? Where are you staying? I think cocktails are in order Friday night.

I think we are driving in late Thursday night, and will be at the show early Friday for both days. I am trying to decide weather to bring the street racer for Real Street, or a Chevelle we have For Sale, or leave everything at home and have fun.

Regardless, we will most probably drive home Saturday night since we have 3 drivers.

Bill Howell
04-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I had planned to but have got to drive to Texas instead. :wrc: Ya'll have a good time and stay out of trouble.

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Change of plans here as well. Trip has been postponed altogether, so I won't be there.

69rs
04-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I'll be watching Lance wearing the Yellow Jersey at the Tour of Georgia on Friday but will be at Year One all day Saturday and Sunday. It should be a great show! I would like to see some P/T cars there (mine isn't p/t yet, but it will be there). I live about 30-45 min. from Road A, so if I can help anyone with anything, let me know.

The Humbler
04-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I am not sure if its just me or what but I haven t noticed any real exitement about this event from the rest of everyone else here. A couple of guys have rescheduled and aren t going that have super nice cars that people who only see them in magazines would like to have seen in person at a show like this. That is the only reason I am going to see cars that I have been limited to only read about. Everytime I see a thread about this event there are only three or four responses and they are from people who say they aren t going to attend. Is anyone going at all!

Bill Howell
04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I am not sure if its just me or what but I haven t noticed any real exitement about this event from the rest of everyone else here. A couple of guys have rescheduled and aren t going that have super nice cars that people who only see them in magazines would like to have seen in person at a show like this. That is the only reason I am going to see cars that I have been limited to only read about. Everytime I see a thread about this event there are only three or four responses and they are from people who say they aren t going to attend. Is anyone going at all!

I really wanted to go and think it will be a great event. Like you said, there will be cars there that I really would love to see in person-Tony's 69 is one of those. My problem is I had to change my plans because I have to be at a rezoning board meeting here when I was plannning to be in Texas next week so I gotta go there this weekend. I hope anyone that can will go and represent us there. Hopefully, we will get some of the LS1tech guys here to our event. This is probably the only event in the south that will have both road coarse and drag strip avalible for the hobbist. This is the reason it is so hard to get things going in the southeast. If people do not support things, promotors find other places/venues that will.

Steve1968LS2
04-19-2005, 01:51 PM

Trust me.. i WISH i was going.. but I have to run this place while the Editor and Publisher are at the event.. If you see two bald guys wearing Popular Hot Rodding shirts then say his to Johnny and Ed :)

There will be some NICE cars there.. I know Tony will be there with his blown 69..

gen3bu
04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
tony 69 is awesome in person. i went last year and would love to go this year, but i am in the middle of a move and will be semi-homeless for 2 weeks. it is very hectic at home right now. just dont have the time or money to go right now. since i cant make the yr1 event i would really like to go to the pt event (btw - i am from ls1tech). i will hopefully bring my sonoma and my brother 86 t/a. we will see though.

protouring70
04-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Hey, I hope to be there all 3 days. A couple of friends of mine are bringing their cars. From what I hear the guys at Year One are really excited about this years event. Maybe I will see some of you there. Hope everyone has a great time
Brent

MarkM66
04-20-2005, 06:42 AM
I really wanted to go and think it will be a great event. Like you said, there will be cars there that I really would love to see in person-Tony's 69 is one of those. My problem is I had to change my plans because I have to be at a rezoning board meeting here when I was plannning to be in Texas next week so I gotta go there this weekend. I hope anyone that can will go and represent us there. Hopefully, we will get some of the LS1tech guys here to our event. This is probably the only event in the south that will have both road coarse and drag strip avalible for the hobbist. This is the reason it is so hard to get things going in the southeast. If people do not support things, promotors find other places/venues that will.

If you want to see "Magazine Cars" you should look into going to GoodGuys Columbus.

The Humbler
04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
This is probably the only event in the south that will have both road coarse and drag strip avalible for the hobbist. This is the reason it is so hard to get things going in the southeast. If people do not support things, promotors find other places/venues that will.
I think Bill Howell nailed it this is the only major event I know of in the south and it just doesn t seem like there are too many people supporting the event. I think the reason the pro touring movement hasn t spread very quickly is because majority of these cars are cruising around California. 95% or readers that write magazines saying they hate cars with low profile tires haven t seen these cars on the streets or in shows here in the south.

Nine Ball
04-20-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll be there. The '69 will be at the LS1TECH booth on Friday (at the Dragstrip all day) along with another pro-touring '68 convertible RS/SS with a Magnacharged LS1 under the hood. Next to it will be another '69 pro-touring car with a 502ci crate engine.

On Saturday, all three cars will be at the Road Atlanta venue, parked in the Year One booth. Same with Sunday.

Some of the quickest LS1/LT1 cars in the country will be racing at the drag strip on Fri and Sat for our first LS1TECH EFI Nationals drag racing series.

Tony

69rs
04-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Tony, your 69 will be there, right? Man, I gotta see that puppy!:drool:

rolltide
04-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I have my tickets and I can't wait to see some excellent examples of classic bow-ties (including "Tony's Toys").

69rs
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
The beginning of the Yr1 show was good:) , then the monsoons came!!:eek: Weather should be better tomorrow, though!:icon996:

rolltide
04-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Serious lack of pro-touring cars. There were some great classics and the event was well managed. It was an excellent event in spite of the abnormally cool temps. Given the chance, everyone should try riding the Road Atlanta course with an instructor from the Panoz Racing School. My son is still wearing a wide smile.
:drive:

69rs
04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
The winner of the Year One Cup was a Pro-tour 69 Camaro. I took some pics, but I can't seem to make the go where I want them to! Too bad, cause it's a beauty

protouring70
04-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Me and a bunch of friends were there Sat. and I tell you I had the best time of my life! We got there very early cleaning up the cars and after we went and tried out the wet and dry autocross, man I have never had that much fun! I nthe wet autocross they put you behind the wheel of one of their A4 Audi's. The instructor rides with you and as you go around he will pull up the e-brake to make you power slide through the curves. Just awesome! And on the dry autocross, my friend took his Nissan truck out and i filmed from the pass. side. Man it is incredible.
And then the Parade laps around the main race track!!!!! They said you would make three laps at hiway speeds.? Yea, right! We would get up to about 110-120+ on the straight aways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate it for the ones that couldn't make it maybe next year.

Also my friend got his Fox body mustang in the 5.0 Magazine! I willpost some pictures later.
Can any body tell me where to post the pic.s from the show here, I don't want to put them in the wrong place.

Oh yea, did I mention that CHIP FOOSE, CHRIS from OVERHAULIN, (sorry no COURTNEY), the guys from Legendary Motorsports, and last but not least CHUCK from HorsePower T.V. was all there!
Did I mention how great this show was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:3gears:

68protouring454
04-24-2005, 04:45 AM
:postpics: :postpics:

protouring70
04-25-2005, 04:10 AM
I have got to get the camera from my friend. So as soon as I get it I will post.

Nine Ball
04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Had a great weekend at the Year One Experience event this past weekend. My Bro-In-Law snapped these photos of my car making some passes down Atlanta Dragway.

All I did to have some fun was to fit some 28x10.0x15 drag slicks and runners on the car (fronts required spacers to clear the big brakes). Then I just dialed the QA1 shocks to 2 up front, 7 on driver's rear, and 9 on the passenger's rear.

6500 rpm clutch drops, and this is what happens.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

One of the launches, I carried the fronts about a foot in the air, but didn't get a photo of that one. The rest of the photos are here:

http://www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/racing/index.htm

pro-touring cars are meant to be DRIVEN :drive:

BTW, I only went 11.1s at this event. The track wasn't hooking as hard as my local track. Typically I can cut 1.52-1.54 60' times, but these photos are only 1.60-1.64 short times. We also had a 20 mph head wind all day.

Tony

69rs
04-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Looks great Tony! Enjoyed talking to you over at Road A!

protouring70
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
hey did either of you get to try out the track at Road Atlanta. or get to try either one of the other autocrosses?

Nine Ball
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
I couldn't make it to Road Atlanta until late Sunday. Since I'm co-owner of the EFI Nationals racing series, I had to stick around the drag strip all weekend.

69rs
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I watched the track festivities, but my car isn't ready for that! The offset on my wheels is wrong, and I didn't want to go into a turn and rip the fenders off! :drive2: I have driven that track in/on cars and motorcycles, and it rocks! I highly recommend it!

protouring70
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
I really enjoyed it. My brother is or should I say was all about drag racing and after this weekend he couldn't believe what he was missing.

I hope to have some pictures later this week posted.