PDA

View Full Version : Suspension selection..help needed!

Chris 68
12-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm looking into getting some hotchkis suspension components to lower my 68 camaro and had a few questions.

Right now the car has an Ls2 in it with the t56 and all the accessories on the engine, I have all the body panels on minus trunk lid and hood. There’s no glass, no interior, no lights, etc. I just put the stock gas tank on (empty), there is no battery, have the 9in rear end on and the steel drive shaft.

This thing is high! There is 6 inches between the rear tire and the fender lip and even more in the front. Right now i have new multi leafs in the back and new small block springs in the front, both are stock from ricks along with the 1 inch sway bar.

Cosmetically I’d like to bring the car down, not slammed but lower then stock height (and a lot lower than it is now!)

So looking at the hotchkis springs, should I use their big block or small block 2 in drop springs in the front? Or should i go with a 3inch drop in the front?

In the back my tires look like they would hit the lips if they were too low, would a 3 in drop be safe?

I have 18x8.5 rims in front (235/40/18) and 18x10 in the back (285/40/18)

I'm also using stock arms in the front and KBY shocks, should i replace either of these?

I'm looking for pretty descent handling on the street, but at the same time I don’t want to drop $1000's into my suspension either.

I'm also contemplating a rear strut tower brace and rear sway bar, is it worth getting?

Chris 68
12-28-2009, 07:06 PM
anybody?:help!:

ProdigyCustoms
12-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Here is 2 67 we did TVS kits with 1 1/2" springs. These cars both have 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear tire / wheel packages.

Also, until Weds at 5PM eastern we have a unbeatable Hotchkis sale!

As for the KYBs, they ride pretty harsh!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Chris 68
12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah i saw them i'm my search, what shocks did you use? thanks for the reply!

ProdigyCustoms
12-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Hotchkis shocks are tuned for their springs.