PDA

View Full Version : That had to hurt...

DarkBuddha
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM
The strange things you find while googling...

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

The driver looks like she must be elderly. Heck, I love driving, but by the time I'm that age I want someone chauffering me around.

Bill Howell
04-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Looking at her expression and head direction, I'm not sure she even knew she hit anything. Thank goodness the guy did not hurt the car, not even a broken headlight.
Darkbuddha, I saw were you said the other day you were home sick. I hope you get better soon. It looks like you have way too much time on your hands these days.LOL
Just curious as to what you had to search to find those pictures? Man+car+who wins?

Norwoodx55
04-15-2005, 08:38 PM
The driver is still looking straight ahead, as if she has no clue she ran a stop light and hit somone. WTF? Get a clue, probably didn't even stop. Look at the people in the VW to the left, hands up, holding face, in horror. Can't say much for the dude that got hit either...have a look around. :eek:

Bill Howell
04-15-2005, 08:45 PM
If you look closely at both pictures, none of the other cars have moved. Either she was the first to move and did not look when the loght changed or either so was just plain tired of waiting and just went. The other people crossing the street are in the road too in both pictures. That would explain why no noticeable damage to the mercedes. :dunno:

Norwoodx55
04-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking she had to run the light all together. She would have to leave pretty hard to get enough speed to knock the guy sideways and throw his briefcase like that. Although I guess that could be the way he just rolled off the hood. I just can't believe she is still looking straight ahead. Staggers the imagination.

Bill Howell
04-16-2005, 05:24 AM
I'm thinking she had to run the light all together. She would have to leave pretty hard to get enough speed to knock the guy sideways and throw his briefcase like that. Although I guess that could be the way he just rolled off the hood. I just can't believe she is still looking straight ahead. Staggers the imagination.

You may be right. I would have thought there would be more damage to the car though. He could as you say just rolled to ease the impact and thrown his briefcase as he flipped. She is probably on the phone( handless) and never saw him. The phone issue is a whole new subject. Has anyone else noticed lately how many people are on the phone and in a daze about what they are doing? It is getting scary to drive anymore. That or I am just getting old.

Edit:
Look closely at the windshield. She ran the light and the impact was at the windshield. He wack knocked the ***** out of it.

DarkBuddha
04-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Darkbuddha, I saw were you said the other day you were home sick. I hope you get better soon. It looks like you have way too much time on your hands these days.LOL
Just curious as to what you had to search to find those pictures? Man+car+who wins?
Thanks for the get-well wishes... :sad4: I do seem to have been wasting a bit too much time lately, which explains why I'm behind in some work I'm supposed to have done by Monday. Oh well, they can't kill me for it.

As for the search, I was actually doing a rather innocent search for data acquisition systems that use surface mapping and dynamic weight sensors (for an art installation I considering doing). What I found is that kind of stuff is used in traffic data acquisition, which also brought up lots of traffic camera sites, one of which had that photo.