PDA

View Full Version : Installed the L&H Kustoms new Billet Spindle.

chopperroxie
12-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Well, I finally got the new L&H Kustoms spindle installed on my 71 Chevelle this past weekend. I have to thank Luke for all his help and for making the process as easy and delay-free as possible. I was putting this on my daily driver so I couldn't afford any long delays or problems. My current setup is as follows:

Fatman drop spindles, AirRide shockwaves, S&C UCA's, Baer Track brakes, Hotchkis 1 1/4 sway bar, 17" AR wheels. I wanted to put a Tall non-drop spindle on it as I was finding I needed to put too much pressure in the airride bags up front to keep it at a decent height and the ride was really rough, but I still wanted to keep the handling benefits of a tall spindle

The install needed some mods to my current setup. Primarily the stock steering arm need to be ground down a bit to get it to fit on the spindle, also my baer caliper bracket needed some grinding too to fit, see pics. I see Luke has a steering arm and caliper bracket available now that I might want to go with soon.

After driving it for a few days, the spindle has certainly improved my ride quality and handling. I need to get it aligned and test it out a bit more but my first impressions of it are it is a very solid, well thought out, well made spindle. Certainly a welcome addition to the A Body suspension marketplace.

Thanks Luke,

Corey Vandiver

L & H Kustoms
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Corey Thanks again for your purchase im always more than happy to answer any questions I'm glad you were able to put a few miles on the car with all the snow and ice you have going on. I know your going to have a much smoother ride now that you wont have to put so much air in the shockwaves to obtain your desired ride height. Now post up some pics of the car lol