PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Running Heidts 4 Link?

Rick Giles
12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Trying to find out what the ride is like. Can you run air ride with this system? Thanks in advance for any feed back.

Probird
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
If you do a search, you'll find out that not a lot of people on this forum care for the heidts products. You are probably not going to get much feed back, if any on their 4 link. I would call them direct about the air system, although I dont think they offer it. I can tell you, that they are now offering their 4 link for a mini tub application. They now offer it with spherical bearing in the link bars as well. I plan on running it on my 70 nova. I'm quite sure it will ride better than the leafs. I'm choosing it based on cost and performance. If you do a search on super chevy about the camaro they did in 2006 it utilized their 4 link and there drop spindles with their control arms. The article is entitled "king of the hill" they said that camaro was the best handling camaro they had driven to date and it was the fastest car in the slalom they had tested to date. That would leave me to believe it offers a lot for the money regardless of what the majority on here say about the Heidts products.

Rick Giles
12-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks Probird for your feedback. I look foward to trying it out!

willieboy240
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
go on to other Nova sites. they like them there for early novas. this site is mostly camaros. and for camaros there are just way more options.

Vegas69
12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I have no personal experience with Heidts. My feeling is that the company has been labeled similar to your reputation in high school. It's hard to get rid of that old reputation. ****, I moved to Vegas to get rid of mine. Anyway, I don't feel it's terribly difiicult to make a car handle good enough. My interest is in reliability, handling, and ride quality all at the same time. I'm not saying Heidts doesn't have it. I know DSE does. I've got a bunch of miles on my DSE Sub. With any purchaes, do your due diligence. It's never as easy as it seems on the outside.

Heidts#1
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Just to let you know, we have drivin our 71 the whole power tour with no problems. We also drive the car to the shows that we vend that offer an auto cross. Example we drove it to Columbus OH, Des Moines IA, and Joliet IL. We have put a little over 8k miles this season. We did not make a change or have to replace anything on our suspension. Of course we had to adjust the coil-overs from the track settings to the normal highway settings. Major props to Afco, which have been just awesome.

Taman
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
When I get my 75 TA back from Heidt's I will let you know how it runs. I have driven the 71. Real nice car. I drove it on the street with the race settings. Even with the stiff setting, the Camaro drove real nice. Even on the great Illinois roads, not. I think for the money the Heidts setup is the way to go. Half the cost of DSE.