PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Weston FL

nicks67camaro
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Ok, My wife and I are going to be staying at Mizner Place at Weston Town Center (Weston FL). This is out vacation through our timeshare. I'm thinking Beach/Everglade/day trip to the keys? I will have a car and will have a full week there. Can anyone tell me good places to go (food, entertainment, parks, beaches, bars) we're game for anything.

Thanks Nick

jy211
12-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Let's see. Are you willing to travel a little bit?

Friday nights there's a car show/hang out at the Towershops in Davie.
There's a couple of bars just south and north of there. There's a college close by so the bars are there.There's a place called Geronimoe's that's supposed to be pretty good opened to 4am. Bokampers is close by. Ye Ole Falcon pub is another place.

Saturday night, if your into kareoke, Uncle Al's in Weston is funny. They do it on Sunday nights at Ye ole.

If your wife likes to shop there's the sawgrass mills mall. Your also close to the Bank Atlantic center and that's where thay hold the NHL hockey games.

There's also downtown Ft Lauderdale at Riverwalk.

Any type of specific food you like?

nicks67camaro
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Jeff, Yeah don't mind driving since I got the rental and food, drinks, and shopping sound good. Not a hockey fan even though I live in the NE. Can you recommend any good local beaches?

jy211
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
nice and quiet or packed? LOL

You can take Sheridan Street all the way out until it ends. ( Quicker to take I-595 to I-95 South to Sheridan) That's where I'll go with the family. Or you can always hit Ft Lauderdale beach or south beach.

jy211
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm

http://www.nps.gov/bicy/index.htm

http://www.pennekamppark.com/snorkeling.html

nicks67camaro
12-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Were not picky it will late march when we go so we're leaving snow and cold! Would march be to cold to swim in the ocean? I checked the history and looks like it hangs in the 70's around that time of year.

nicks67camaro
12-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I love the parks! Thanks for all the info.

jy211
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
No problem. Let me know if there's anything else...

nicks67camaro
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Jeff,
Looking to do Miami one day. I will have a rental car is it easier to do mass transit? I live by NYC and parking and driving in is a PITA. Any recomendations to visit miami as a tourist?
Thanks Nick

Chicken Coupe
03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I used to live there.

Town Center is a nice place to park, walk, grab a drink, have Dinner.

I have a friend there that sells restored classics and restored classic guitars. PM me if you want the info.

Weston was designed by a Disney company, so it's sorta unreal.

If you like driving, take a cruise West on 75. You'll hit quite a few "turn-offs" where you can soak in the Everglades - Free

Like nightlife? Go get directions to Los Olas Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale.

Explanation=Holy C**p. Grab a coffee and watch the World go by. Might not be better than where you live, but it sure isn't the same. LOL

nicks67camaro
03-25-2010, 03:38 PM
THanks for the info! Leaving tomorrow AM. CT is cold and rainy now so looking forward to anyting south.