PDA

View Full Version : need gen1 door-opening measurement

restified original
04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
i want to start the floor/rocker replacement on my 68, but i want to brace the door openings first to assure maintenance of body alignment during the cutting out and replacing...the doors weren't shutting well before i removed them, and i want to get some input, if possible, from some gen1 owners as to what your door-opening measures...just a jamb-to-jamb distance measured near the top of the door opening (to the leading edge of the rear pillar, behind the weatherstrip pinch), just for comparison to see that i'm in the ballpark...i don't have any gen1's immediately available to go measure myself....anyone, and hopefully more than one, thanks...

Happyfunballs
04-14-2005, 05:46 AM
I've gotta go outta town for the next couple of days, but I might be able to help you on the weekend. In the mean time, could you not measure the outside of the door and add a 1/4" for the seam?

restified original
04-14-2005, 08:42 AM
i don't know how you could feasibly do that...if you would mean measuring from the fender edge, and then adding for the panel gaps, well, the fenders are not on the car, and even if they were, you don't know whether THEY'RE right...

Happyfunballs
04-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh, I see what you're after, disregard, I'll try to measure it this weekend.